Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Wolf Exit

Of our players RvW is most closely associated with last season''s failure. It will be an important statement from Adams if he has the stature to move him on. Hooper, on the other hand, playing alongside Grabban, looks set to be partnership with goals in the second tier.

The last thing I am is an RvW apologist. He''s a young man who in the last 12 months has been rewarded for what amounts to abject failure with more earnings than I''m going to get in my entire working lifetime.

u read my mind

SPOT ON

Any other job u would be sacked for gross under performance

[quote user="mrdi"]The last thing I am is an RvW apologist. He''s a young man who in the last 12 months has been rewarded for what amounts to abject failure with more earnings than I''m going to get in my entire working lifetime.[/quote]

The money he''s on?  That is just something that gave us kudos as a club - it bolstered our egos - look at us we''re spending £8.5 million on a player with wages to match, we are going up in the world.  Only we forgot that nearly every other club still had more money than us to spend. 

If you don''t like the fact that footballers get so much money, then there is a solution - support a local amateur team who you know are playing the sport for nothing but the pleasure of playing football.  

RVW is not a failure - and if he stays then he will show a lot of courage in sticking it out. I hope he stays and guts it out - it could be the making of him and set him up on the right track again.  Choosing to go back abroad will be the easy route - and not necessarily the best one - for him or us.  

Listen, earlier I made it pretty clear that I want him to succeed. I want him to regain the swagger and guile he displayed in that youtube compilation. Most importantly, I want him to do that at Norwich. And I hope he can be here to do that this coming season. The best time is NOW.

No, I don''t agree with the wages that footballers earn these days. But that''s a different debate.

[quote user="mrdi"]Listen, earlier I made it pretty clear that I want him to succeed. I want him to regain the swagger and guile he displayed in that youtube compilation. Most importantly, I want him to do that at Norwich. And I hope he can be here to do that this coming season. The best time is NOW.

No, I don''t agree with the wages that footballers earn these days. But that''s a different debate.[/quote]

Sorry, I do agree with you, but it was you who brought up the point about the money he is on, not me. 

Yeah I know. I was tired, hungry and grumpy. Now I''m just tired and grumpy.

The wage thing is very much a different debate; possibly an interesting one to have another time.