Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Wolf Exit

With the siging of Grabban, Adams has made it very clear to Wolf that he has no future with this club

Can all those half whits with 1 brain cell stop the rediculouse posting of comments like the wolf will come good, it was the rest of the team not giving him tap ins that were to blame etc etc etc

The wolf has no close control, pace, presence nothing that is of any use in English Football - he needs to be moved on asap - yes there will be a loss but his purchase and the on going decision to let him be in the starting 11 (nearly said play then silly me) must be the main contributor to our relegation. He has cost us 10''s of Mills of pounds, not just the £8M we paid for him

The Wolf is history - well done Neil

Lets move on

I think it paves the wy for his exit now.

I was excited when RVW signed but he clearly lacks the ability to succeed in English football. the Dutch league is poorer by comparison and its best for all parties he moves on.

It might see the beginning of the end for RVW. It might just as easily see the beginning of the end for Becchio (most likely IMO) or Hooper

Who knows, but why use this signing to get yet another dig in at Wolfswinkel? The pros and cons of that player/situation have been done to death enough times on here after all.

We need to just wait and see how the cookie crumbles over the next month or two.  

This half "whit" believes in a player that has great finishing technique and if provided with some service would score goals. Get a winger who can cross early and accurately and all our strikers might score a few more - rvw included.

You''re making a big assumption here. Declaring Hooper a key part publicly in the light of a lot of outside interest is an obvious way to crank up the transfer fee. Selling Wolfswinkel this transfer window would be nuts as we''d be writing off £8.5m. If he goes, it will be out on loan I think. Other things to consider is that our top striker only got seven goals last season. Before last season Ricky was a goal a game striker. Nobody becomes suddenly inept like that. Also, Adams has publicly defended Ricky and warned people not to make a scapegoat out of him. If he did want to ship him out, there''d be no need to say that.

Well he''s not gone anywhere yet, so who knows? I don''t think RvW is a bad player at all but his style was massively away from what we were after last year. Grabban would have probably done more under Hughton given his apparent great work rate. RvW needed someone like Grabban to do his running for him so he could be left to doing what he does best, poaching chances.

I doubt the board and Adams are going to give RvW away for nothing and if he''s still here come August, I hope he gets another chance to salvage his career with us in a more attacking team.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This half "whit" believes in a player that has great finishing technique and if provided with some service would score goals. Get a winger who can cross early and accurately and all our strikers might score a few more - rvw included.[/quote]

Ricky did get service last season, Spurs away, Southampton home and away, the one on one miss vs Everton was comical... many other games too.

why should we just pop the ball on his foot? a striker not scoring needs to look to impact play in other ways... watch Wilfried Bony''s performance against us away at Swansea... getting assists, pressuring centre backs, winning the ball back high up the pitch...

I''m not sure what I feel about RvW in terms of next season but to say he can only score tap ins is unfair. He clearly had a confidence issue and didnt get a great deal of service across the season. On the other hand once his confidence had gone he was pretty awful.

Here''s a reminder of what he can do:

http://youtu.be/HdUL4v2xps4

Who knows if he''d find form again for us.

[quote user="Newton"]

Adams has made it very clear to Wolf that he has no future with this club

[/quote]

Really??   Where are the quotes that confirm that? 

Grabban is one signing,  the first of what is likely to be several signings this summer,  others may include a striker, or may not. 

But if there are no more changes to the strikers who could not be pleased with 4 options that have scored 15+ goals a year at this level? with loza and maybe morris to come into the equation too. 

lake district canary wrote the following post at 05/06/2014 12:10 PM:

This half "whit" believes in a player that has great finishing technique and if provided with some service would score goals. Get a winger who can cross early and accurately and all our strikers might score a few more - rvw included.

ZippersLeftFoot wrote the following post at 05/06/2014 12:37 PM:

Newton wrote:

I saw most games last season - when did u see all this promise ? Or is it just because his name is on the back of your shirt ?

I think Grabban may play in the same position as Wolf - or have u not noticed ?

Anyone who saw his display at Fulham could see here was a forward who was completely unsuited to the physical side of english football

Neil saw this as well, he used him less & less over the last 4 games

We have to hit the ground running in August not adopt your dewy eyed approach of he looks good in the videos  - surely he will get one for us ?

WOLF NO THANK

Why isn''t Grabben replacing the striker that has already left the club? i.e. Elamander. That still leaves us with Hooper, RVW and Becchio still here.

I expect RVW and Becchio to move on but Grabben signing doesn''t mean that they''re certainties to go.

Loza replaced Elmander - keep up please

Do we need

Grabban

Loza

Bechio

Hooper

Wolf

Certainly not particularly when Wolf is rummoured to be one of our highest wage earners

That compilation of RvW goals was almost upsetting to watch.

I''m not really connecting the dots, we''ve signed a striker because elmander was just on loan...and this mean Ricky is out?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''m not really connecting the dots, we''ve signed a striker because elmander was just on loan...and this mean Ricky is out?[/quote]

Shame newton doesnt have isaacs intelligence isnt it...

perhaps his name hints he is really a man utd fan instead.  trololol 

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Yeah. Sorry mrdi. Pretty frustrating isn''t it.[/quote]

precisely - top quality,  would hope he can recover that form here,  rather than somewhere else.    As one of 4 / 5 options (and are his wages much more than half a dozen others at the club - they are all overpaid in any event)  why not persevere? 

http://youtu.be/HdUL4v2xps4

Not meaning to sound hyper-critical, but watching quite a few of those goals I thought ''Keeper should have had that''. We''ve talked quite a few times about goalkeepers pulling off great saves against RvW, not least in the Fulham game. Perhaps rather than the standard of the league as a whole in those countries, maybe it is the goalkeepers. We have some outstanding keepers in the Premier League. Maybe RvW was doing what would normally be enough to score a goal for him, but that he is now up against better keepers. Could it be that simple?

What that video suggests is that there IS something to be recovered. Not just the form but the body language.

The perfectly weighted lob over the advancing keeper/the cheeky grin celebration/the steely determination before the penalty/the movement/the ability to beat players/shooting with both pegs...

I agree with you, ZLF - I would hope he stays and finds form for NCFC. Perhaps playing alongside a quick, direct striker like Grabban could help him. It might only take one opening of space, one chance converted, for Ricky to find his confidence again.

Sadly though, I''ve a feeling he won''t be with us much longer.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This half "whit" believes in a player that has great finishing technique and if provided with some service would score goals. Get a winger who can cross early and accurately and all our strikers might score a few more - rvw included.[/quote]

I agree LDC. By the way, do two ''Half Whits'' make a Full Whit?

I''m never sure about these videos - the Fozzy flick video looked promising for a while!

I certainly don''t think this shows that RVW is definitely on his way out, for all the reasons above really. I think we will be keeping one of him or Hooper. The thing is that we are probably more likely to recoup our money in selling Hooper than with RVW - with RVW, we''d probably be selling for around 4 million to someone in a mid sized league such as Portugal or Holland. So I think it will come down to what offers we get in for who, but I don''t think both will be here at the start of next season.

Just to add something else to the discussion - Adams played Redmond up top a couple of times didn''t he. I know that was probably due to a lack of other out and out pace options, but that may be an option in the manager''s thinking for next season.

Wolf lovers u are all fools

Do u rearly think we can afford to keep some one on our payroll who has a cheeky grin when he scores a lob in some old video  from a poor league in Portugal on u tube & some of you think will probably do well now that we have signed someone who will do all his running for him -

Why dont u go to live games - open your eyes & get real - football a tough world

If Adams thought he was a key member of the squad next season would he not have staed this publicly - he did with Hooper

If Wolf is so important to the squad why did he spend the Aresenal game in the stand while a loanee & 20 year old played instead

I will tell u why he is C**P

[quote user="Newton"]

lake district canary wrote the following post at 05/06/2014 12:10 PM:

ZippersLeftFoot wrote the following post at 05/06/2014 12:37 PM:

Newton wrote:

I saw most games last season - when did u see all this promise ? Or is it just because his name is on the back of your shirt ?

I think Grabban may play in the same position as Wolf - or have u not noticed ?

Anyone who saw his display at Fulham could see here was a forward who was completely unsuited to the physical side of english football

Neil saw this as well, he used him less & less over the last 4 games

We have to hit the ground running in August not adopt your dewy eyed approach of he looks good in the videos  - surely he will get one for us ?

WOLF NO THANK

[/quote]

If you''re going to question the intellectual prowess of other people purely for their opinion, at least make sure you can use the English language effectively yourself.

Anyway, don''t see why Grabban arriving would signal the end of Wolf, what with Elmander returning to Galatasaray. That means we''ve still got the same amount of strikers as we had last year, but Becchio will probably leave so we''ll be seeing another striker signing - unless Jamar Loza will play a part. Still think that Wolf is technically a better player than Hooper, just needs the service and he''ll be fine.

Glad to see those of us who have an open mind about RVW.. those who know that he was just one of a whole bunch of strikers who didn''t score under Hughton... and those who know that he, Hooper and Becchio didn''t just turn shit overnight... outnumber those who don''t.

Even Holty went from 17 goals to 8 under Hughton.

Newton, I don''t think that anyone is under any illusion that RvW''s return last season wasn''t anything short of a disaster. Easily one of the biggest disappointments I''ve ever seen at this club.

You missed my point. Irrespective of what league, what competition those goals were against, we''ve blown a club record fee on a striker who''s gone from ~that~ in the video to a hapless little flower with a permasulk on.

Maybe he WAS out of his depth. Maybe he''s genuinely just NOT THAT GOOD. In which case, whoever blew that money on him needs to be held accountable because it should''ve been seen coming.

All of us here (except the obvious) want the best for the club. If RvW could return to the confidence and form of the RvW in the video, it will benefit the club. End of. He has the opportunity to start again this season. They all do. That''s what this coming season should and needs to be. Come what may there will be players at the club who''ve not been good enough for us in the relegation season. They all have a lot to prove. I''d rather see RvW be one of those players than not. £8m is a lot of money to throw at a 12 month ''experiment''.

And FTR I don''t ''love'' any footballer, never have. My heroes aren''t and never have been footballers.

If Newton if your going to call people half wits what does that make you? Might call yourself after.someone intelligent but have as much intelligence as the apple.that landed on his head, and as for your informed, insightful comments on football, well you prove my point, go back to banner land and do us all a favour

It seems a lot of people are judging RVW on some youtube videos. The truth is any footballer who has scored a few goals can be made to look great on youtube. Doesn''t Jacob Butterfield look awesome in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXodP52Tfns

That''s because he was knocking in goals against inferior opposition - exactly the same as RVW. Yet everyone was happy to dispense with Butterfield because he only cost £1 million. The truth is if we''d bought RVW from Barnsley for £1 million no one would be sorry if we moved him on, but because of the £8.5 million price tag people keep deluding themselves that he must have some hidden talent waiting to burst out.