Sign in to follow this  
Kirkstall Yellow

A fresh start.

As the dust settles after a disappointing season we are starting to show signs of life again.

Neeyul wasn’t everybody’s first choice, but he is our manager now and I hope he has a successful season. In Holt, Robson and Royle I hope that we have a capable team able to deal successfully with failings of last season. They are making all the right noises lets hope they back that up with results on the pitch.

We are clearly trying to set ourselves up in a longterm mould akin to that of Swansea. We appear to want to win with attacking attractive, entertaining football. That is no bad thing, but will take time to show through. We are going to need to win ugly on more than one occasion next season if we are to once again grace the upper echelon of the English game.

The key is not just making more chances, but taking them as well. I was surprised, and heartened, by the speed at which we moved for Lewis Grabban. I am sure he will make a valuable contribution to our cause next season. Sadly, many high scorers in this league fail to replicate such sparkling form the following season, but I would like to think he will certainly chip in with more than his fair share. I just don’t think we should all get our hopes up and expect another 22 goals out of him next term.

It will be very interesting to see who stays and who does. I suspect we will lose at least one or two that we would have preferred to stay. I find it hard to believe Snodgrass will still be here in august, as much as I would like him to be. Bassong, Fer and potentially RVW could be the other high profile casualties of relegation. But if we are able to keep a hold of ruddy, olsson, turner, howson, and hoops I think we will have a very solid spine to build upon.

I am feeling a lot more optimistic about the championship than I was a few weeks ago, but then a lot can change in a very short space of time in football. One thing is for certain, its not going to be easy!

I think the players we wont want to lose but will do is Fer, Snodgrass and possibly Olsson.

I think the board will want to see Bassong & RVW move on and i think they would probably listen to offers for the likes of Hoolahan, Pilkington & Becchio.

Keeping Ruddy, Martin, R.Bennett, Turner, Howson, Redmond, Hooper in ny eyes is a must.

Obviously we will keep hold of the likes of Whittaker, Johnson, E.Bennett.

A few more signings like Grabban and we will hopefully be on to something.