Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

club manager game

can anyone tell me if they are experiencing difficulty with this game? it seems no matter who you sign city never win, not like reality at all is that? anyone got any tips please? OTBC

I have the same ''problem'', the first time i played the game I won the friendlies then started well in the league but couldn''t win soon after whoever I played or whatever formation. Have you tried installing the patches from the website? I haven''t yet but to be honest im disappointed with the game completely. I''ll stick to Championship Manager.

Although I haven''t done very well so far myself, my nephew bought Alan Shearer for Norwich and then proceeded to get us into the Premiership (YYYEEESSS). Unfortunately, even though he bought Thierry Henry once we had got to the Promised Land, we were relegated next season and he got a message from the chairman saying that he was sacked!

(Hope this isn''t a prediction of our fate by the end of next season, although getting there would be nice).

There is a golden rule with this game I have found.

Don''t choose the players in the positions as they are in real life. Try Easton as a leftback etc. Use Elvis up front.

I tend to find that if I pick a 4-4-2 using the team that plays in real life - they play like they have TXU Energy on their shirts.....

Good luck!

Also, can everyone say how they get on when they play the scum? We think that the game is fixed so that you never lose to Ipswich. Anyone lost to them yet?

Is this game actually worth buying other than novelty reasons or should i just stick with champ manager? (im top of the prem after 2 seasons, a sign of things to come!)

I wouldn''t say it was worth the £20 i paid. Thought I was getting a bargain when I bought it - then I played it. I might sit down and play it every now and again, but not often, it just hasn''t got that addictiveness. No, but Championship Manager has! Personally i''d stick to that.