Sign in to follow this  
Canary fun and games

Why the optimism?

We sign one striker until yesterday no one had heard of and suddenly there are signs of optimism on here?

Let''s look at the facts. We have in charge on of the worst managers in premier league history ie he never one a game. Has no real first team experience. We have an ex binner who is past it as one of his assistants. A board who can do no right.

It will take a hell of a lot more than signing one bang average striker before we become optimistic

The optimism comes from starting a fresh new season without Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope at the helm.

We''re Norwich to fail under Adams, then there is a 100% chance that it will be a damn sight more entertaining......

the signs started when he who shall not be named left

in the last few games RVW had more shots on target than the rest of the season combined

I thought you were going to be a bit more subtle this time Waveney.

[quote user="Norwich4life"]We sign one striker until yesterday no one had heard of and suddenly there are signs of optimism on here?

Let''s look at the facts. We have in charge on of the worst managers in premier league history ie he never one a game. Has no real first team experience. We have an ex binner who is past it as one of his assistants. A board who can do no right.

It will take a hell of a lot more than signing one bang average striker before we become optimistic[/quote]

I don''t necessarily believe Adams is the right person but give him a chance. Some good backroom staff have been appointed and Gary Holt will be the engine room. And all good players are unknown to start with so give him a chance before you start slagging him off.

If come the closure of the transfer window, Hooper and Snodgrass are in our starting line-up, and RvW has moved on that would not only be a surprise but also augur well for the future.

[quote user="unique"]The optimism comes from starting a fresh new season without Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope at the helm.

We''re Norwich to fail under Adams, then there is a 100% chance that it will be a damn sight more entertaining......[/quote]Pretty much my take on this. There''s no getting away from the fact that Adams etc would not have been my first choice, but the fact that they are not Hughton and his henchmen immediately ups the positivity/optimism factor in my eyes.

Neil is being given the best chance possible Reggie, in many ways. Merely the fact he''s not CH gives him an excellent start in the eyes of many people.

In fairness to CH the fact he wasn''t Lambo had a similar but opposite effect on him.

Norwich4life, I think you should have a long hard look at your Winston Churchill avatar, then read your post again and decide whether the tone of your post reflects the tone of your avatar. After that, you can disappear from this message board for good.

Optimism - is because there have been "ins" this week. Back room and now a player.

I anticipate a bit of a roller coaster of optimism and pessimism over the next few weeks as ins and outs shape the squad.

But if we can not be optimistic before the first game of the season...... then we really will be in trouble!

The phrase ''plastic fan'' sums you up nicely. Because Grabban isnt a premiership player means you haven''t heard of him and you suggesting no-one had heard of him before yesterday is wrong.

"Let''s look at the facts. We have in charge on of the worst managers in premier league history ie he never one a game"

I''m not sure which is more pathetic; the views expressed or the inability to spell ''won''.

I''ll settle on both.

[quote user="STFU"]Norwich4life, I think you should have a long hard look at your Winston Churchill avatar, then read your post again and decide whether the tone of your post reflects the tone of your avatar. After that, you can disappear from this message board for good.[/quote]

And not return under another user name. 

Now, that would make me feel optimistic !

[quote user="Norwich4life"]We sign one striker until yesterday no one had heard of and suddenly there are signs of optimism on here?

It will take a hell of a lot more than signing one bang average striker before we become optimistic[/quote]

You really are a tedious little ( unt

Why not? As I said before, the time is finished for moaning and that now, we start again fresh next season. As far as first signings go, Grabban is a good start. He was by definition one of the stand out strikers in this league last season and is on the up. I wouldn''t have been upset at him arriving even if we''d stayed up.

The time to judge again will be nearer Christmas.

The OP''s question is sadly the attitude of many Brits and their thoughts towards life: Why the optimism. My answer is: What''s the alternative?

[quote user="STFU"]Norwich4life, I think you should have a long hard look at your Winston Churchill avatar, then read your post again and decide whether the tone of your post reflects the tone of your avatar. After that, you can disappear from this message board for good.[/quote]I think that the Avatar fits very well. Churchill was well known to be a depressive and many have suggested ego-maniacal tendencies. Despite the never give up motto, he gave up on the Conservative party in the late 19th Century before then giving up on the Liberal party. Hated by the Conservative party he rejoined, he became Prime Minister because of the support of his political opponents the labour party, whom he later accused of being like Nazis (hence losing the Conservative party the 1945 election). Yes, the avatar is as suitably confused as the message and fits well.

"...a striker no-one has heard of..." -the words of a ''plastic'' football fan who only thinks, looks, reads and lives in  the Premier League, one with multiple user names and some sort of, admittedly blunt, axe to grind...

Keep yew a trollin'' Waveney...

Interesting view the OP has and after much thought tend to agree with him.

Its all very depressing at the moment. We need something special to happen to life the mood of the fans and the club like a biblical return

lol,   if this is the latest waveney incarnation (how apt he resurrects more frequently than his beloved messiah)  why do people react so badly (so embarrassing inappropriate language in responses whatever the "provocation") or even bother responding.     

Its seems to me you all love and need and want to feed the trolls really,  whether its waveney or the far worse jaeme2 or newton. 

But as always there is some merit in the post,   solid signing but enough to change our outlook on (ncfc) life?

My optimism comes from a new, energetic and intelligent manager, who has surrounded himself with very committed and experienced assistants and advisor. It will be reinforced if we make one or two further good signings - at CB, especially.

master Norwich lowlife makes a good pointit''s not as if we will most likely be one of the top earners in the Championship or bring in a quite a few more millions in salesnor can we bank on having some of the top attendances eitherwhat have Adams and Holt ever achieved barring the out thinking of other btop youth manager or success in his first year in Scotland - and what has Royle ever done ?where''s the youth set up with cracking players coming throughand how crippled will we be by the huge debt repayments ?

if only we could say that we were loaded, with no debt and sell out crowds - mainly ex PL squad topped up with very promising youngster .............. then there might be cause for optimism

[quote user="unique"]The optimism comes from starting a fresh new season without Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope at the helm.

We''re Norwich to fail under Adams, then there is a 100% chance that it will be a damn sight more entertaining......[/quote]

so thats the optimism ten, we will lose in style, think i would rather win playing crxp myself. but there you go i have this old fashion view, you go out to win a game of football.

You''ve had a barren two seasons then - few wins mixed with shi te entertainment.........

Why can we not be optimistic, there were many people about this time last year who were predicting a top ten finish and a chance of Europe and maybe a decent cup run!

Well that happened didn''t it!

We are now heading for a team being run by committee, that''s bound to end up well!

Yes I''m being pessimistic at best, sorry if you done agree with me, but before the abuse, think! We are all allowed an opinion, even if you don''t agree, discuss don''t abuse!