Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

OT - World Cup - best of the rest

I always enjoy the world cup but have a lot of sympathy for world class players who will never make the finals,   Georges Weah & Best and now Gareth Bale whose talents deserve to be seen at the highest level.   

Given its a 32 team competition I have always fancied giving a slot to a Rest Of The World team,  for players from the remaining 170+ countries that did not qualify - probably replacing one of the large number of european teams slots.

This years team could look like

Szczesny

Kolarov, Vidic, Ivanovic,  Alaba

Pizzaro,   Eriksen, Farfan,  Bale

Ibrahimovic  Lewandowski

with squad players of Ramsey, Adebayor, Pantillimon, Pandev or Aubameyang.   

What do you think?   Any other players you feel could make the wc a better place?

Don''t think thats what the OP wanted Fry, he''s missed out because he''s not good enough for the USA, not because they didn''t qualify.

There are almost enough decent injured players for teams who have qualified to make a good staring XI.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Don''t think thats what the OP wanted Fry, he''s missed out because he''s not good enough for the USA, not because they didn''t qualify.

There are almost enough decent injured players for teams who have qualified to make a good staring XI.[/quote]
That''s debatable. [;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Not in their coaches opinion and he''s the one who picks the squad![/quote]
[:(]
Donnavon is the USA''s top ever scorer and this was his last chance to go to a world cup. I know I''m not the only one who was shocked when he wasn''t selected. 
Also, how did Bradley Johnson not get selected for England? 

Doh, wrote benatia down but rush typed!

Pjfry. I was looking at non qualifying countries so would exclude Donovan, and I think aubayemang, Ramsey, lewandowski even adebayor are better option.

Cech is a top choice, can''t believe I forgot him.

Love the more obscure selections byg,

Can we make this squad stronger?

With passing like that bj can only be English or Australian