Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Sami Hyypia to Brighton

Wow. I mean just... Wow. What a coup for Brighton. I mean his time at Leverkusen didn''t end well, but he was able to lead them to 2nd in the Bundesliga and into the Champions League. 
Wow, f**k me, Brighton get a manager with Champions League experience. 

Massive coup for them.
Got to say I''m a glass half full kinda guy over NA appointment, but I''m a bit jealous about this one.

Wanna hear something interesting? Hyppia has only ever coached at a under-19 level before his appointment to Bayer Leverkusen. In his first season in charge, he led them to 2nd place and the Champions league. 
But, of course, it''s ridiculous to promote youth coaches to managerial positions when there''s so much riding on success...
[;)] 

Meh... Decent coup for them I suppose but who''s to say that just because he kept a big rich club used to finishing top 4 in the top 4 he could get a upper mid table 2nd tier team to improve dramatically. Our squad is infinitely better than Brightons and our management team is more than capable of getting the best from them.

They should be pretty chuffed, sure. But we have nothing to be jealous about, we''ll finish 20 points better off from them at least, comfortably.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Meh... Decent coup for them I suppose but who''s to say that just because he kept a big rich club used to finishing top 4 in the top 4 he could get a upper mid table 2nd tier team to improve dramatically. Our squad is infinitely better than Brightons and our management team is more than capable of getting the best from them.

They should be pretty chuffed, sure. But we have nothing to be jealous about, we''ll finish 20 points better off from them at least, comfortably.[/quote]Oh dear , we will walk the league type nonsense , when will people learn its never that easy . Last time we came down we had the likes of Huckerby and Ashton and still failed miserably . If our squad perform anywhere near like they did last year we wont make the top half  .

Good appointment. Expect them to make Play Offs. Interesting point about him only being a youth coach before the Leverkusen job though.

I''ll be disappointed if we don''t finish above them though, our squad is streets ahead of theirs.

A good appointment but he won''t take them any further than they already are without them investing some money into the squad, and if they stop selling there best players (its not like Poyet or Garcia aren''t well respected young managers and both found a ceiling there)

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Meh... Decent coup for them I suppose but who''s to say that just because he kept a big rich club used to finishing top 4 in the top 4 he could get a upper mid table 2nd tier team to improve dramatically. Our squad is infinitely better than Brightons and our management team is more than capable of getting the best from them.

They should be pretty chuffed, sure. But we have nothing to be jealous about, we''ll finish 20 points better off from them at least, comfortably.[/quote]Oh dear , we will walk the league type nonsense , when will people learn its never that easy . Last time we came down we had the likes of Huckerby and Ashton and still failed miserably . If our squad perform anywhere near like they did last year we wont make the top half  .[/quote]

We were grossly mis-managed by Hughton and this team should have never been near the bottom 3 last year. This is much more like Newcastles relegation than our one 10 years ago.

This team is completely different to the one that went down then. We had 2 good players and the rest we''re second tier level at best, we had no clue how to defend either and the squad was threadbare. At least to their credit up until the last game they were performing well above their level. This team has never really reached the heights it was capable of under Hughton. We also came down with nowhere near as much money as we will this time, we don''t have any mad owners driving us into debt and c0cking things up like at Blackburn/Birmingham etc either.

I''m very, very confident we''ll finish top 2 at least, we might not, we could struggle somehow, but your either cynical or blue tinted opinion on our chances next year are no better informed or valid than mine