Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Simeon Jackson on a free?

Premier League was above him, but did the job as a squad player for us last time out in the Championship, could be a very handy player for us again if we can get him firing? Even last season I think we could have done with his pace with some balls over the top?

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]definately better than cody. probably a lower end champ team, blackpool or charlton type.[/quote]

Curious responses on here to a player whose goals got us promoted........

What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Derby.  What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Portsmouth.  What a shame people his hot streak of goals was what got us promoted to the premiership.  Never anywhere near good enough for us, should never have bought him.....after all, it would have been much more fun to have spent the last three years in the championship........

How do I put this without being rude?

I would rather stick nails into my eyes than see Simeon Jackson pull on a Norwich shirt again

he did well for us once but that was 4 seasons ago but would be a backwards step

what is the point of buying a player you will discard the second you go up (if that happens)

Well the point i was making was when he left that german team he went to Millwall who were fighting relegation.

[quote user="lake district canary"]What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Derby.  What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Portsmouth.  What a shame people his hot streak of goals was what got us promoted to the premiership.  Never anywhere near good enough for us, should never have bought him.....after all, it would have been much more fun to have spent the last three years in the championship........

[/quote]I dont see anyone saying he was never good enough, I dont see anyone complaining about him scoring,I just see sensible supporters saying no to having him backBUT it prob would have been more fun in the championship if you can say the last the 2 years have been fun...maybe you havent been going to the games....oh wait

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lake district canary"]What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Derby.  What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Portsmouth.  What a shame people his hot streak of goals was what got us promoted to the premiership.  Never anywhere near good enough for us, should never have bought him.....after all, it would have been much more fun to have spent the last three years in the championship........[/quote]I dont see anyone saying he was never good enough, I dont see anyone complaining about him scoring,I just see sensible supporters saying no to having him backBUT it prob would have been more fun in the championship if you can say the last the 2 years have been fun...maybe you havent been going to the games....oh wait[/quote]

Fascinating.   I never said I wanted him back either, but was commenting on the efforts of some on here who show lack of respect for a player that actually was a very important part of our promotion season. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lake district canary"]What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Derby.  What a shame Jackson scored the winner against Portsmouth.  What a shame people his hot streak of goals was what got us promoted to the premiership.  Never anywhere near good enough for us, should never have bought him.....after all, it would have been much more fun to have spent the last three years in the championship........[/quote]I dont see anyone saying he was never good enough, I dont see anyone complaining about him scoring,I just see sensible supporters saying no to having him backBUT it prob would have been more fun in the championship if you can say the last the 2 years have been fun...maybe you havent been going to the games....oh wait[/quote]

Fascinating.   I never said I wanted him back either, but was commenting on the efforts of some on here who show lack of respect for a player that actually was a very important part of our promotion season. 

[/quote]

I agree with that. He was great for us. We currently have five strikers on the books though, so it''s not really much use.

I liked old Jackson, he did well for us and we were good for him, but there''s no going back now and we can afford better this time around. 

He scored no goals for the German side and two for Millwall since finally leaving us what, 18 months ago?

He''s not exactly been setting the world alight.

He had one spell of form for us towards the final stages of the promotion season and got some really important goals, but the rest of the time he was below average.

So, I''m ooot.

I think it would be a step backwards, but some of the comments on here are rediculous.People forget very fast that it was his goals that got us Prem status. His little run of form was the decider and a joy to watch. Oh I forgot half of you probably watched it on the radio.

Not the worst idea, I think we have better options now though especially with grabban coming in. Jackson needs a lad like holt to work as well, quick, but no strength and questionable finishing. He will always be a legend round Norwich for his exploits though, that derby game as amazing!