Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Gutierrez back ?

Newcastle United could pay off unwanted winger Jonas Gutierrez this summer

Newcastle United could terminate the remaining year of Jonas Gutierrez’s contract.

The Argentine is scheduled to return to the club’s Benton base for pre-season training at the start of July.

But the Magpies feel that the winger is surplus to requirements despite having another season left on his contract.

Gutierrez is also close to triggering a clause in his current deal that extends his contract by an extra year.

And that means that he may not be fielded again as a Newcastle player in a competitive game.

Do we want him back on a free ?

Lot of experience & can cover more than one position

After the tweet he put regarding Adams when he wasn''t in the squad for the Chelsea game (i think).

Even Elmander had a go at him on twitter for that.

He "huffed and puffed" a little, but didn''t really do much for us, and considering how many games he played when fit he achieved very little.

No, thanks!

Some very odd replies.

Firstly his tweet wasn''t about NCFC it was about an Argintine club he mentioned in the tweet then tweeted about with other people shortly after.

Secondly Elmander doesn''t have twitter.

Third he played about twice and did okay, he wasn''t poor and never got a chance because he was injured most of the time and then Adams didn''t use him.

And last if that tweet was about NCFC then good. Don''t see why fans can say whatever the hell they want but players can''t. It''s plain stupid. People moan about their employers day in day out. But a footballer does it and they deserve crucifying?

I think most are being a little hard on him. He''s a good seasoned pro who could provide cover for a number of positions.

Obviously only came because of the CH connection so can''t see it happening, but nowhere near as bad as some of you are making out.

No thanks. Don''t rate him and thought it was just a Hughton pals act getting him in in the first place!

Ginger,

Not saying I agree or disagree with you with the exception of he doesn''t have twitter, because he does? @elgalgojonas

Re: Gutierrez back ?

Salopian wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 10:05 AM:

He "huffed and puffed" a little, but didn''t really do much for us, and considering how many games he played when fit he achieved very little.

What a load of tosh the comments are on this thread - do any of them watch Norwich live - I doubt it 

He only played 4 ganmes for Norwich because of injury (Adams decided not to select him for the last 5 games, when he was fit) and 2 of those appearences were as a substitute

Yes he did send a silly tweet regardings Adams but was this out of malice or frustration - we will never know

I thought he added experience to a midfield / front line lacking any leadership / organisation

I remember one home game in particular when he came on in the 2nd half replacing Olsen at left back, who was having trouble with his shoulder and he operated in a much more advanced role than Olsen had . He spent a lot of time shouting at the front 2 (Hoops & Wolf) to move / make themselves available for the ball as they had both adopted there static role, standing around waiting for something to happen

In the same game he also gave Redmond a lot of encouragement / instruction as by that time in the game Redmond was just running down blind alleys losing the ball

If we had had more players like him with experience further forward during the season we just may have stayed up

To say things like send him back to Argentina  & I dont rate him - etc is pathetic - what were the football reasons - they probably have none

The lemmings are out early today must be the sunshine

Could have been a handy player for us if he had been fit. Instead he was just a waste of money, unfortunately.

Not the way forward now though.

@Ray - GingerPele didn''t say that Jonas Gutierrez didn''t have a Twitter, he said that Elmander doesn''t have a Twitter so how could he attack Gutierrez on Twitter without an account.

[quote user="Newton"]

What a load of tosh the comments are on this thread - do any of them watch Norwich live - I doubt it 

He only played 4 ganmes for Norwich because of injury (Adams decided not to select him for the last 5 games, when he was fit) and 2 of those appearences were as a substitute

Yes he did send a silly tweet regardings Adams but was this out of malice or frustration - we will never know

I thought he added experience to a midfield / front line lacking any leadership / organisation

I remember one home game in particular when he came on in the 2nd half replacing Olsen at left back, who was having trouble with his shoulder and he operated in a much more advanced role than Olsen had . He spent a lot of time shouting at the front 2 (Hoops & Wolf) to move / make themselves available for the ball as they had both adopted there static role, standing around waiting for something to happen

In the same game he also gave Redmond a lot of encouragement / instruction as by that time in the game Redmond was just running down blind alleys losing the ball

If we had had more players like him with experience further forward during the season we just may have stayed up

To say things like send him back to Argentina  & I dont rate him - etc is pathetic - what were the football reasons - they probably have none

[/quote]

Or maybe you just used this thread to have another dig at RVW and Hooper?

FYI, it''s spelt Olsson. But you knew that because you actually watch NCFC live!

[quote user="Newton"]

[/quote]

Or maybe you just wanted to use this thread to have yet another dig at RVW and Hooper?

People have a different opinion to you but that''s no reason to throw you''re toys out of the pram.

FYI, the spelling of his name is Olsson!

Adycakes,

You are absolutely correct, mind you so was I, but I put the wriong address, I should have put @Elmander_9

Thanks for spotting my error.

Well seeing as though Gutierrez thinks Adams is an awful manager, I doubt he would want to come here, or Adams would want him back

One of the biggest wastes of a wage ever. We could have used the money to take a tenner off of everyone''s season ticket price. Was a desperate signing

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Well seeing as though Gutierrez thinks Adams is an awful manager, I doubt he would want to come here, or Adams would want him back[/quote]The tweet was nothing to do with Adams. It was regarding a team back in Argentina.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Well seeing as though Gutierrez thinks Adams is an awful manager, I doubt he would want to come here, or Adams would want him back[/quote]The tweet was nothing to do with Adams. It was regarding a team back in Argentina.[/quote]
What utter garbage. Why would he have tweeted that in English instead of Spanish? His rant against an inexperienced manager was obviously against Adams.

Elmander does have a twitter account and the tweet from Guitierez was about adams, he said something along the lines of him not even being a proper manager and he shouldn''t be dropped.

He isn''t good enough to displace any of our wingers and I''d rather see us give a Murphy a shot over signing a veteran wash up like Gutierrez

[quote user="Paul"]Elmander does have a twitter account and the tweet from Guitierez was about adams, he said something along the lines of him not even being a proper manager and he shouldn''t be dropped.[/quote]

Elamnder doesn''t. Its not verified, none of the Norwich payers follow him (or a couple of ex Bolton team mates of his I follow). Even our new signing has more Norwich followers and is verified.

And he didn''t say that at all. He mentioned something about sad seeing inexperienced something or other, and mentioned the semi-pro/amateur Argentine team in the bloody tweet. Never said he shouldn''t be drooped, never mentioned Adams and was then talking about that other team with other people on there.

And again, even if he was, excluding the bit about being dropped because he never said that. What on earth is the problem? Hundreds of Norwich fans said the same or worse about Adams. Even more said much much worse things about Hughton. People every single day say things like that or worse about their managers and companies they work for. Its nothing to get upset about, its pathetic.

Ginger,

I''m confused, not dificult I know, so can you help me? Are you saying Elmander definitely doesn''t have a twitter account and you know that as a fact, or are you saying it could be him but it''s just not verified or are you saying it is someone masquerading as him?

I think the fact that if a player is saying publicly that the manager isn''t good enough, its different to your average fan.

Here''s the tweet anyway:

https://twitter.com/elgalgojonas/status/462998505565720576