Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Great to have him back...

The best engine I''ve ever seen on a player he just ran and ran. If he can''t get the team showing half the commitment he did as a player we won''t be far wrong.

He had a 50% win ratio at his first job in management. That is very, very impressive for a guy who will now just be a coach for us. I was laughing my arse off at the negativity on here when he was named, absolute clueless morons. I''m glad to have him back, it''s a coup for us!

I met a Falkirk fan on holiday at Easter he said their team was made up of teenagers they were so broke. Holt did a good job on an absolute shoestring.

A really very honest and hardworking player.

He knows that getting the basics bang on is highly important.

With him in our team we had a rock and good base for the attacking players to build from.

As others have said, if he can in-still some of that into the team then we will be on the way to something good.

Good appointment by Adams, and delighted he has returned.

Reminds me of John Ruddy. A man you could trust and who will stand with you when things are tough, not run and hide.

rather strikes me that in Holt and Adams with have Mr McKay and Barrowclough (Porridge)Holt

Adams

Thanks for posting.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the new management set-up, you cannot help but be impressed by Gary Holt and can see why Neil Adams has chosen him, Mark Robson, lower key, but clearly a respected football coach who must also have made a big impression at the club in short space of time.

I am sure the majority on here will now, like me, be feeling a little more positive about what the club is doing with the new set-up......... 

I admired Gary Holt as a player with restricted ability but through his determination and fitness could compete at a certain level.

I do believe for instance, that the players looked unfit last year and unlike previous seasons when we were well known for our ability to compete for 90+ minutes, there were many times we just fizzled out.

Good players also have big strong hearts as well as good feet and I know there is enough ability within the squad for these guys to apply their kind of football tactics and fitness to.

We need the players to be inspired and motivated - something that was clearly missing in many of the games over the previous two seasons.A belief that we can beat anyone, NOT a mindset that anyone can beat us''Up and at ''em'' lads