Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

Your worst NCFC XI

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Kind of depends what you mean by ''worst'' there will be many YTS players that are ''worse'' than RVW but i''d have him in for the sheer disappointment. Team would be: Michael Theoklitis Matthew Louis-Jean Steve Walsh Elliott Omosuzi Juan Velasco Mark Fotheringham Julian Brellier Jason Jarrett Ricky Van Wolfswinkel Antoine Sibierski Elvis Hammond Bench: Simon Tracey John Otsemoboor Daryl Sutch Simon Whaley Raymond De Waard Dean Coney Gone for a narrow 4-3-3 with Brellier in front of the back four allowing the attacking talents of Jarrett and Fozzy to push sideways passes ''til their hearts content! So many contenders! The mention of Rose above is harsh, I saw him in a few games that league 1 season inc away at Huddersfield where he was outstanding. I remember being slightly disappointed we didn''t make him permenant but we had Drury and Tierney, so I can see why we didn''t need him. Mind you, even Steven Elliott got a couple of goals that day![/quote]

NO no no Jimmy,  I''m not having Hammond in this team. Anyone that gave us the chance to sing "Elvis Elvis give us a song" gets an immunity in my book.

mine might have a couple of suprises.

GK David Marshall - Clanger after clanger for us (derby at home sticks in my mind) and really didn''t seem to care in the drop to league 1.

DF - Fernando Derveld

DF Kevin Scott

DF Ian Murray

DF Patrick Boyle - on loan from Everton, didnt really bother/try. I''m sure I saw him looking at the score board for evertons result whilst playing.

Mf andy hughes

MF Matty Fattison

MF Lee Croft

MF Carl Robinson

ST RVW

ST Sibeirski.

It really doesnt get much worse than that. could have had tracey or theo in goal, but looked at number of games played over a period of time. put croft in ahead of fozzy as at least Fozzy had a couple of decent games and bagged the odd goal. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

. put croft in ahead of fozzy as at least Fozzy had a couple of decent games and bagged the odd goal. 

[/quote]

Croft is and was a far better player than Fotheringham. Did so much better for us.

Fotheringham was also worse than Robinson.

My old man has just chipped in with a name that few of the more seasoned supporters might recall with great dread

Paul Cheesley, very ''Sutch'' I gather?

[quote user="Bury Green"]My old man has just chipped in with a name that few of the more seasoned supporters might recall with great dread

Paul Cheesley, very ''Sutch'' I gather?[/quote]

No- this is simply wrong. He actually played very well in his relatively few games for us and many were sad to see him leave. A strong presence who went on to do well at Bristol City I seem to recall.

RB

Would have to find a place for Mike Sheron I''m afraid.

I liked Carl Robinson.

What about the guy we got from Wolves, think he was their captain when we signed him....Neil Emblem he was terrible.

Ross Jack socred the first ever goal I saw for City against Rotherham afte about 30 seconds. For that alone he cant make my team.

Based on no loan signings

Theo

Derveld, Walsh, segura, Helveg

De Waard, Emblem, Anselin, Rush

Dalglish Coney

plus i never include current players in worst XI as they could always improve

Gary Doherty for me, signed when we went in premiership. Many dark days later we are League 1, the man had a head the shape of a 50p. Anyone who disagrees, ask a Charlton fan and tell me how he cannot get a game for Wycombe now.

Andy Hughes, Jason Jarrett and Peter Thorne our miracle buys to go straight back up last time.

David Strihavka would be up front for me. I had high hopes for him until I met him at the airport scoffing Mars Bars like he''d just got his first paycheck.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Peter Thorne and Mike Sheron. Also forgot Muzinic though not unhappy about that.[/quote]

Koji je dulje nego inače!

Jedan pinta ili dva?

PS Kako se na Gods zemlji ste dobili osloboditi ovog Google Chrome blok citat sranja?

[quote user="Dave"]Based on no loan signings Theo Derveld, Walsh, segura, Helveg De Waard, Emblem, Anselin, Rush Dalglish Coney[/quote]

I take it you mean Matthew Rush.. and very harsh if so.

Well thought of at both West Ham and Oldham. tore his cruciate just days after signing for us and the squad evolved ahead of him...

eventually ended up retiring at about 28 after his knee went for a 2nd time at Oldham...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Otsemobor at RB is a given[/quote]

but he''s ex-Liverpool, raised to play football the proper way. How can that be?

My worst xi based on period 1989-2014 (as I was too young for earlier players). There''s definitely a few loan players over the years that I''ve forgotten who we''re dreadful, so based on the players I remember being awful, here is the team in the 4-3-3 formation. Rvw gets the nod on the basis that he is our record signing and performed abysmally, despite probably being better than say Trevor Benjamin was. Or henrik mortensen might have been (although I always thought he looked quite good, he just never got a game,)

Theoklitos

Wright. Scott Walsh. Segura

Diop Brellier de warrd

Coney. Sheron. Rvw (for price tag)

How dare u include Wolf - rose tinted glasses brigade will start to throw a tizzy

Wolf would have been a goal scoring machine u know if we had laid them on a plate for him - he absolutely brill at tap ins - they all seen u tube clips of 2 years ago - he grins when he scores as well they say

What i say is u absolutely right to include our most expensive flop

There''s far too few mentions of Keith Briggs and Paul Heckingbottom in this thread.Zema Abbey too, for me. Every time i saw him play he seemed to miss an open goal.

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Otsemobor at RB is a given[/quote]

but he''s ex-Liverpool, raised to play football the proper way. How can that be?[/quote]

It''s not his fault....

[quote user=""]There''s far too few mentions of Keith Briggs and Paul Heckingbottom in this thread.

Zema Abbey too, for me. Every time i saw him play he seemed to miss an open goal.
[/quote]

I do remember seeing Zema score a cracker. But only once sadly.

Nutty Nigel wrote:

Your old man wrote the cheque Crafty...

Indeed he did on behalf of NCFSA however it was Lol Morgan who selected the player the money was spent on. You might as well blame Delia for RVW except of course she can do no wrong in your eyes.

I don''t think Delia CAN do no wrong, i just don''t blame her for everything like you do! Anyway, I''m fully aware that the money was ours as a member of that club. I even had the blazer badge!!

Did you ever see Gerry Howshall play for WBA?

Making it up again I see. Have I blamed Delia for not sacking Hughton earlier, for the club''s relegation, for the appointment of Neil Adams? No, no and thrice no. I have even posted that I could understand the board''s decision to stick with Hughton beyond January.

As for watching Howshall play for WBA, the answer is no. Why would I? They were in a higher division than us, TV coverage wasn''t the blanket affair it is today and I am a Canaries supporter so would not go to matches that City were not involved in very often.