Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

Your worst NCFC XI

Theoklatossa in goal, would these days replace Simon Tracey.

djc wrote the following post at 01/06/2014 8:47 PM:

Theoklatossa in goal, would these days replace Simon Tracey.

Would he? On the evidence of one game?

Tracey had a few more games to convince me.

front 3 would have to bewolfwinkel maric libbra

id have to have forbes, scott, power and that fat bast@rd croft somewhere in the squad as well

GK - Michael TheoklitosDF - Fernando DerveldDF - Brian McGovernDF - Steve WalshDF - Des HamiltonMF - Jan Molby (weighed about 18 stone, which restricted his mobility somewhat and I don''t think he ever moved from the centre circle!)MF - Alex NotmanMF - Raymond de WaardMF - Jean-Yves De BlassisCF- Darren BeckfordCF - Drewe Broughton (in 9 games scored more goals against us than he did for us, surely a Football League record for a striker?!))Subs1 - Mo Camara2 - Thomas Helveg3 - Jullian Brellier4 - Robert Eagle5 - Adrian Coote6 - Peter Thorne7 - Simon Tracy

As regards forwards Coney always springs to mind. I never thought Ross Jack was that spectacular but wiki suggests he scored 10 in 56 which I don''t seem to recollect, indeed, given this season seems quite respectable. RvW would be another contender up front. RB Ostemobor is a good shout. Plus a number of the Roeder loaners who were difficult enough to remember at the time let alone now.

Nobody seems to remember the effite  Keith Scott who when as centre forward scored a couple when his head got in the way but had hooves instead of feet.

Net of Rodents loan horrors, this lot could only ever be captained by the worst of all time, Mr Norwich City himself, Mr Daryl Sutch esq.

GK Theoklitos

DF Steve Walsh

DF Sutch (Captain)

DF Neil Moore

DF Kevin Scott

MF Raymond De Waard

MF Julien Brelier

MF Mark Fotheringham

MF Bobby Eagle

CF Adrian Coote

CF Paul Clayton

he was injured

and when he was on the pitch was no worse than anyone else and better than some

I remember the ross jack period - was very promising then simply stopped - but there are so many worse than him,  as mentioned above.

Cant find a space for Helveg (not even our worst r/b that season and we only started competing when he was recalled), RvW (yes disappointing but even in the top league not our worst,  Coney wins that) or sutch, where derveld and fugelstad  win hands down.  Matthieu Louis Jean is another candidate there.

Theo

Derveld  Segura McGovern  Rose

DeWard Diop  Hamilton Jarrett

Broughton Coney

Eadies Left, Huckss Right, Iwans Heed"Jason Jarrett?

Beat me to it as I pondered my line up.   But yes - for me anyway...   even worse than carl robinson or mark fotheringham

[quote user="Bury Green"]Net of Rodents loan horrors, this lot could only ever be captained by the worst of all time, Mr Norwich City himself, Mr Daryl Sutch esq.

GK Theoklitos

DF Steve Walsh

DF Sutch (Captain)

DF Neil Moore

DF Kevin Scott

MF Raymond De Waard

MF Julien Brelier

MF Mark Fotheringham

MF Bobby Eagle

CF Adrian Coote

CF Paul Clayton[/quote]Clayton would certainly be in my XI. Quite possibly the most ineffectual player I''ve ever seen in a yellow shirt. And he''s got some stiff competition !

Ah yes indeed, the League Cup Semi Final away game against 1p5wich, Clayton if my memory serves me correctly had a game that was rated at 10/10 on the Sutch-O-Meter.

Namely road kill of course.

A real stand out bad performance was Paddy Boyle when he was on loan from Everton, away to The Argyle but I can''t really count it as I think Rodent may have been manager.

quite a few home bred players in this thread.   

Perhaps an indication of caution for using too many of our emerging youngsters too soon this coming season.    Getting that balance right is essential,   we have some great propsects,   but so were the names listed here.  

I can''t understand mention of Drew Broughton. He was a raw youngster for us and was never lacking in effort whilst showing some promise. OK  he failed to make the grade at Carrow Road but he went on to being reasonably successful in the lower leagues.

I think all City youngsters should be excluded from this hit-list, and I also include Sutch in this respect.

I still am surprised at the total omission of Keith Scott. He was such a carthorse that one time, at St. Andrews I recall, he needed re-shoeing at half-time because of the hard ground All the other players had a physiotherapist, Scott had a blacksmith..

He headed a decent goal though, so perhaps there have been worse.

No, no, no, how can you possibly issue Sutch with an amnesty agreement?

Cast your mind back and recall just how many times that agricultural gait spoiled your weekend. The misplaced pass, getting turned time after time, pointing and pointing but at what exactly?

Then there''s that penalty, yes that one.

Robert Eagle or Eric Fugelstad would need to feature in my team. Eagle was just interested in making his hair looked good and Eric was just about the lighest weight defender we have ever had

Maybe it''s just my particular age but I seem to remember standing at the river end while everyone in earshot was calling for Sherwood to be taken off. I simply do not remember him ever having a good game for us.Jarrett, Waley, Coney, did Paul Dalgleish ever do anything to make us think we signed the right one of Kenny''s kids? Andy Hughes anyone? You kind of feel Becchio could be in this list if it is based on value for money too even though not through any fault of his own. Molby is a great shout too, as would Hartson be. Tony Cottee may never be forgiven in my mind just for sodding off so quickly. The list is long.

[quote user="Humpty the canary"]Robert Eagle or Eric Fugelstad would need to feature in my team. Eagle was just interested in making his hair looked good and Eric was just about the lighest weight defender we have ever had[/quote]yup them too!

Kind of depends what you mean by ''worst'' there will be many YTS players that are ''worse'' than RVW but i''d have him in for the sheer disappointment.

Team would be:

Michael Theoklitis

Matthew Louis-Jean

Steve Walsh

Elliott Omosuzi

Juan Velasco

Mark Fotheringham

Julian Brellier

Jason Jarrett

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

Antoine Sibierski

Elvis Hammond

Bench:

Simon Tracey

John Otsemoboor

Daryl Sutch

Simon Whaley

Raymond De Waard

Dean Coney

Gone for a narrow 4-3-3 with Brellier in front of the back four allowing the attacking talents of Jarrett and Fozzy to push sideways passes ''til their hearts content!

So many contenders!

The mention of Rose above is harsh, I saw him in a few games that league 1 season inc away at Huddersfield where he was outstanding. I remember being slightly disappointed we didn''t make him permenant but we had Drury and Tierney, so I can see why we didn''t need him. Mind you, even Steven Elliott got a couple of goals that day!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I can''t understand mention of Drew Broughton. He was a raw youngster for us and was never lacking in effort whilst showing some promise. OK  he failed to make the grade at Carrow Road but he went on to being reasonably successful in the lower leagues.

I think all City youngsters should be excluded from this hit-list, and I also include Sutch in this respect.

I still am surprised at the total omission of Keith Scott. He was such a carthorse that one time, at St. Andrews I recall, he needed re-shoeing at half-time because of the hard ground All the other players had a physiotherapist, Scott had a blacksmith..

He headed a decent goal though, so perhaps there have been worse.

[/quote]Like I mentioned when naming him his record in a yellow shirt is stuff of legend. 9 games 1 goal for 2 goal against. Any striker that ends a career with a club, no matter how short that career is, with a minus goal difference must surely deserve to be in that clubs all time worst XI?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I remember the ross jack period - was very promising then simply stopped - but there are so many worse than him,  as mentioned above.

Cant find a space for Helveg (not even our worst r/b that season and we only started competing when he was recalled), RvW (yes disappointing but even in the top league not our worst,  Coney wins that) or sutch, where derveld and fugelstad  win hands down.  Matthieu Louis Jean is another candidate there.

Theo

Derveld  Segura McGovern  Rose

DeWard Diop  Hamilton Jarrett

Broughton Coney

[/quote]I''d have Helevg on the bench as he could play pretty much any where across the back four, so if one of you defenders was having a good game you could replace him with a disinterested looking Helveg.

I forgot completely about Troy Archibald Henville and Omar Koroma! And Goran Maric, Andy Hughes, Matty Pattison, Owain Tudor Jones! My god we have had some s***e!