Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Olsson Transfer to West Ham back on ?

West Ham fans claiming on there forum that Olsson currently in talks with them re a transfer

Norwich defender Martin Olsson is back in talks with West Ham to fill the left back position, The Sweden international is highly likely to leave Carrow Road this summer following the club’s relegation to the Championship. Allardyce has identified left-back as key position to strengthen this summer and Olsson is one of four targets the Hammers are looking at.

Anyone else heard anything - if true how much do we want £5M min ?

Was voted Swedish International Player of the year for 2013/14 - one of the few players to come out of last season with any credit, should we keep him or does he have a price ?

At that time Allardyce said:

“If they have made Martin available I would definitely be interested because I worked with the lad at Blackburn when I was there for two years.
I had a really good time developing him into what I consider to be quite a good player.”

Great faint praise from big sam - more focused on what he did in developing the player than the player himself.

Rumoured to be one of 4 left backs Wet Sham are interested in,   Lescott also in teh frame.    Some dodgy reporting though with some sites claiming Olsson is available on a bosman

Newton.

You''re posts are state the obvious about who''s leaving and who might come back

You''re boring and have nothing better to do obviously

I got a phone call this morning from McNally letting me know how things were with Olsson, he also mentioned Hooper''s transfer request and said that the club had just bough Ruddy a new pair of boots so he was hoping he would be staying as Bunn has slightly smaller feet and they would be too big for him.Bit brief as he had another few more calls to make to other supporters to update themHe can be a be a bit of a pian in the ar se as he always calls before I''m up, still it''s nice to be kept in the loop. so to speak

as for your question,   I dont want to lose any of our squad and hope we can persuade any wannaway players (of which I understand Olsson is one) to stay.   

If they are intent on going then get a good price - north of £4m would be ok for me,  which would enable us to get a good champs level replacement left back.

alartz wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 1:44 PM:

Newton.
You''re posts are state the obvious about who''s leaving and who might come back

You''re boring and have nothing better to do obviously

What better thing to do than read your very negative reponses to all theads

Its alartz ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I presume newton you were that reading canary or some such who posted about 4000 posts in six monthsit is a very nice sunny day, I''m off out to enjoy it I suggest you dothere are pub gardens, women, places to cycle or even kick a ball aboutget yourself out of you back bedroom and get some fresh air .............. it won''t seem so important, honestly

Surely the only way he would be in talks with West Ham is if we had accepted a bid for him, which would be very disappointing...?

The source for this is a West Ham supporters blog site:

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/06/06/olsson-in-talks-with-west-ham

No sources given. It looks like wishful thinking to me, especially the bit about "back in talks with West Ham". Back from when? Pure speculation about what they want to happen.

He''s on a long contract and isn''t an egotistical sulker so we can afford to hold out right to the wire for a 6m+ offer, even then we wouldn''t need to sell. He''s one of our best players but left back isn''t a massively important position and Garrido will be pretty good at this level. I still think we''re weakest in center midfield and the money could be put to good use there.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]He''s on a long contract and isn''t an egotistical sulker so we can afford to hold out right to the wire for a 6m+ offer, even then we wouldn''t need to sell. He''s one of our best players but left back isn''t a massively important position and Garrido will be pretty good at this level. I still think we''re weakest in center midfield and the money could be put to good use there.[/quote]No need to sell Olsson, he''s a good player, so we won''t.

Garrido would clean up in the Championship, I''d take the money and invest it in a ball playing central midfielder which is where we''re short.

What evidence has there been that Olsson wants away? Shortly after claiming that Olsson was in talks the same blog came out with this:

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/06/06/west-ham-chase-kolo

Apparently they''re ''in talks'' with him at the same time!

City should fight to keep as many players as it can, and Olsson was one of our best last year. We can''t afford to lose ground at the start of the season waiting for new players to ''gel''.

"Olsson was in talks"   I doubt it very much, first Norwich would have to allow it and a fee agreed and is Olsson even in the country ?     Rubbish reporting with no foundation.

so much supposition on this thread.

"he isnt egotistical or sulk"

he doesnt want away"

"olsson in talks"

He gives his all on the pitch, but that does not mean he does not sulk in private. He states publically he wants to stay but privately and professionally) he would probably prefer to be in the premier league.

the only facts are he had a good season last year and we as fans want him to stay, he has had he shoulder op and he does plan to spend most of the summer in sweden.

Fingers cross we will hold onto him until september. If not I agree with borcubed - garrido will be great on this league (imo defends slightly better, attacks less frequently, delivers a better quality cross but has less pace) so a lower quality cover would suffice

He''s on a long contract so there''s no need to sell. Be good if the club could confirm that they way Adams did with Hooper and Snods, but I also hope he stays.

Thats an interesting point YS72; according to some because adams has not mentioned ricky or becchio it means that they will go. lets hope that the same logic does not apply to olsson

In fairness, both Adams and Royle were responding to specific questions about those players. It needn''t necessarily mean that they aren''t as keen on retaining others.