Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Fraizer Campbell available for £1m?

Scored 9 goals for them last season, and 7 in 12 the year before during their promotion run in.

Leicester are to offer £1m which will trigger a release clause. Would be a tough job convincing him to come here over Leicester (funny how quickly things change in football), but that is a bargain so worth a try?

If this is true, this must be why Cardiff were after Grabban

Well done Neil pinched him from under there noses - good work

If Campbell leaves Cardiff will still have:

Kenwyne Jones

Joe Mason

Nicky Maynard

Jo Inge Berget

Javi Guerra

Etien Velikonja

Federico Macheda

Adam Le Fondre

What kind of Championship club has 8 strikers on the books, 9 if we include Campbell who could still refuse to leave, no wonder Grabban didn''t fancy it. I guess a few of those will be moved on (three have been signed this summer though).

I''ve never really had the sense that Solskjear has a clue what he is doing, I can remember when the bookies thought he was coming here. Lucky escape.

I wonder whether they fancy letting us have Jones, we could do with a big man and he would be a beast in this division.

Cardiff - wow what r they doing

Jones would be a great call, always thought he should have replaced Holt - similar type of player

If we did sign someone like Jones - would that be the end of Becchio ?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I wonder whether they fancy letting us

have Jones, we could do with a big man and he would be a beast in this

division.[/quote][quote user="Newton"]Cardiff - wow what r they doing

Jones would be a great call, always thought he should have replaced Holt - similar type of player

If we did sign someone like Jones - would that be the end of Becchio ?[/quote]Good God, no!!Am I the only one who thinks he is bloody useless!?

Bloody useless he might be Wacky Waving but he still made Russ Martin look a prat at cardiff

[quote user="Newton"]Bloody useless he might be Wacky Waving but he still made Russ Martin look a prat at cardiff[/quote]His goal against us last season was his only Premier League goal of the

season. Over the last three years, he has scored five in 65.I

know there is more about Jones than scoring goals, as he is the

battering ram type who can win flick-ons, hold the ball up, and bring

others into play. But since his time at Sunderland, I just don''t

think he has ever seemed ''hungry'' enough- certainly not reliable or

consistent, and bordering on lazy and disinterested.

Thankfully, NA is big on ''attitude'' so given his apparent low level of drive and amition I doubt anyone like Kenwynne Backflip would make a blip on our new manager''s radar!

He seemed great quality 3 years ago though...

Campbell could be somewhere on the striker list given that he can play either as a striker or wide in a 4-3-3 formation. May be too similar to Grabban for that role though. Good value at £1m though.

To be honest, I have never been fully convinced by Fraizer Campbell.

He is 26 and his best season was on loan to Hull City in 2007-8.

He played for Sunderland 2009-13 making 58 appearances and scoring 6 goals.

Whilst he would represent a player perhaps hitting form, it is hard to tell and at £1million who knows.

Like I say, I have never been convinced, the odd good game, the odd bit glimpse of promise but has never really lived up to the potential he was credited with when he first broke through.

Bit harsh Chicken because he did his cruciates twice at Sunderland, out for 6 months and then came back too early and out for a year.

Now been injury free for 18 months at Cardiff and scored more Premier League goals than any of our strikers last season.

That said, you wouldn''t want to pay much more than a couple of million for a player who has done their cruciates twice in the same knee. I think he is a better version of Simeon Jackson in this league though.

He scored one more than Hooper in total last season but made four more appearances.It''s also worth noting that both he and Hooper scored the same number of premier league goals  - 6.He just happened to score 3 goals in the FA Cup where Hooper scored 2 in the League cup.I suppose based entirely upon the stats he would be a worthwhile £1million risk. But like I say, I have never been convinced by him when I have seen him play.As for the injuries etc. fair point, 67 appearances in total at Sunderland and 10 goals. I don''t know the appearances/starts ratio. Wasn''t being harsh so to speak, just trying to look at him as a player and what he offers to us right now.

Am I wrong in thinking that he spent a lot of his career playing out on the flanks? That might account for his scoring rate, as well as the injuries of course.

Looking at the Leicester site, I notice they''ve signed Albrighton from Villa, who have also released Delfounso, who is a curious case of a player who has never done much for Villa, but has done well in the England youth teams right through to the Under 21s. Of interest on a FT?

There waas a guy at Leeds, I think, scored 19/20 goals by Christmas in the Championship.

Whatever happened to him?

Delfounso is a bit rubbish. There was a little lad who was tipped to the very top as a young un at Leeds, went to Chelsea who had to pay £5m at a tribunal for his signature. Was a revelation for England youth teams and they said he would go on to play for England, next Paul Scholes they called him.He is 24 now and playing for Harrogate Town in the Conference North.  Michael Woods if you want to check him out. Delfounso is just another one of those kids who were tipped for greatness who end up playing in the lower leagues.

[quote user="The Butler"]

There waas a guy at Leeds, I think, scored 19/20 goals by Christmas in the Championship.

Whatever happened to him?

[/quote]

Yeah, heard he was pretty handy over a number of years in the championship, then vanished of the face of the earth! He would be a good signing if we can track him down.