Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Leroy

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I must have missed it reggie. Perhaps it appeared later as an after thought.[/quote]Much in the same way that I must have missed this ''afterthought, anti NCFC moanfest''  that you claimed I was guilty of...But, as ever, you were incapable of providing evidence of, Nige . Still, never mind, eh?

I''ve asked time and time again for evidence of this alleged ''moaning'', Nige.But you never seem to come up with anyPeople will draw their own conclusions...as with so much of the other nonsense you write on here.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="splutcho"]94 Ekoku for Nigeria![/quote]

congrats to Fer, whatever the current strengths of the Dutch squad ,a NCFC player at the world cup is indeed a rarity, I think he becomes only the the 7th player to do it?

O''Neill - N.Ireland ''82, Woods -England ''86, Gunn & Fleck -Scotland ''90,Towsend -Ireland ''90, Ekoku -Nigeria ''94.......have I missed any?

[/quote]

My Panini sticker book for Spain ''82 included Wynton Rufer in the New Zealand squad.

He was on our books at the time but never played for us - some work permit problem I think.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="splutcho"]94 Ekoku for Nigeria![/quote]

congrats to Fer, whatever the current strengths of the Dutch squad ,a NCFC player at the world cup is indeed a rarity, I think he becomes only the the 7th player to do it?

O''Neill - N.Ireland ''82, Woods -England ''86, Gunn & Fleck -Scotland ''90,Towsend -Ireland ''90, Ekoku -Nigeria ''94.......have I missed any?

[/quote]

My Panini sticker book for Spain ''82 included Wynton Rufer in the New Zealand squad.

He was on our books at the time but never played for us - some work permit problem I think.[/quote]

Blimey! We had him! He had a right career. Absolute legend in the german leagues.

Fer has had amixed season, not helped by injury and players around him not at his technical ability level. Noticeable when he was on top form he was scoring and laying on chances. Will look a lot better in a better team. As for comparing Snodgrass with Scotland and Fer with Holland, its like comparing players playing for Luton and Liverpool.......

[quote user="lake district canary"]. As for comparing Snodgrass with Scotland and Fer with Holland, its like comparing players playing for Luton and Liverpool.......[/quote]Blimey, LDC. This must be first. Me admonishing you for being negative !!I know you have something of a downer on Snodders, but saying he is to Luton and Fer is to Liverpool is pushing it a bit........

Well I didn''t see anyone compare them. What was compared was the negative reaction on here to two very positive events.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well I didn''t see anyone compare them. What was compared was the negative reaction on here to two very positive events.[/quote]No it wasn''t.After 24 hrs still no evidence of any my whinging or moaning against NCFC , I see, btw.You are losing the plot.

You''re always whingeing Reggie, I can''t believe you are even attempting to deny it lol.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]. As for comparing Snodgrass with Scotland and Fer with Holland, its like comparing players playing for Luton and Liverpool.......[/quote]Blimey, LDC. This must be first. Me admonishing you for being negative !!I know you have something of a downer on Snodders, but saying he is to Luton and Fer is to Liverpool is pushing it a bit........[/quote]

It was more a question of me saying Scotland = Luton and Holland = Liverpool, but I guess your inference is correct too............

[quote user="morty"]You''re always whingeing Reggie, I can''t believe you are even attempting to deny it lol.[/quote]You know what, Morty ? You are so far up your own backside that you''ll probably not understand, but I don''t much care what you do or don''t believe .I''ve asked Nige at least 3 times now for evidence of me having a ''moanfest'' about NCFC. He''s significantly failed to provide any...the reason being is that there isn''t any to find.But of course the pair of you are always likely to fall foul of this as you are past masters at making stuff up and inventing things because you have a downer on individuals you disagree with. It''s funny, isn''t it that we all had several perfectly civilised , intelligent discussions including people as far apart as LDC and Purple . Plenty of fact, speculation and opinion . It''s only when you two get involved that there''s any strife.

It was good to see that Leroy started in what the papers described as a ''strong'' Dutch team and that he impressed LVG enough for him to be rested so that another hopeful got a chance.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]I thought he never really lived up to what i was expecting of him , that said if we sell him we wont replace with better it will be another backward step .[/quote]I do admire you the way you keep going. If I had your attitude to life I''d have slit my wrists long ago.

Fer will be leaving the club in the summer and he has made it clear that he does not wish to play for Norwich next season. From what I have been told by a high level source at the club he has been the biggest ego to deal with since he joined the club and thinks it is his god given right to play for a top 4 club in England.

That rules out a reunion with LvG then...

Who the hell are you anyway? Fer seems to get along with most of the players and was a massive loss that 6 weeks he was out towards the end of our season. We might well have stayed up if he''d been fit.

Likely, although his top 4 comment was early last season when United were expected to finish higher up. I am a lifetime fan of the club who happens to have a business contact high up in the club and i will use this account to post anything i hear for other fans. Whether you like what you hear or believe it is up to you but i am sure everything i have posted will turn out to be true, i have nothing to gain by posting these things.

[quote user="canary mole"]Likely, although his top 4 comment was early last season when United were expected to finish higher up. I am a lifetime fan of the club who happens to have a business contact high up in the club and i will use this account to post anything i hear for other fans. Whether you like what you hear or believe it is up to you but i am sure everything i have posted will turn out to be true, i have nothing to gain by posting these things.[/quote]

I hope your business contact does not find out who you are, or your business might start to suffer.........

I''m not going to question your belief at what has been told you, but unless it is from the ceo himself then nothing heard from anyone in the club is going to be gospel. I would say that what people hear or say second hand is best treated with a pinch of salt - often hearsay or rumour has a funny habit of being just that.............

Personally, hope Fer stays.........

Speculation he may start tonight!

Looking up on last seasons stats, he only played 17 matches for us! That''s less than half! It seems a shame really as even though he had a few good games for us, if he leaves, he''ll leave when we haven''t seen the best of him.

If he is playing tonight, in a team with better players, where his play is not restricted, one or two people who have criticised him on here will begin to realise what a good player he really is.

He started 28 games for us,  earning just under a point a game - and we won an above average 25% of those starts (only RvW and Johan won more of their starts than leroy).   He was most influential player last season and greatly missed despite his lugborious style.

I read that it was going to be De Guzman starting rather than Fer. Although now can''t remember where I saw it which is annoying. So much football to read over a World Cup - it''s impossible to keep up with everything.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]If he is playing tonight, in a team with better players, where his play is not restricted, one or two people who have criticised him on here will begin to realise what a good player he really is.[/quote]

Hmm. Surely most people can see he''s a good player it''s just that maybe the application hasn''t quite been there.

Yeah, you can say that playing with good players will bring out the best in him but then as a superior player in amongst lesser players shouldn''t he be a bit more influential and be giving us some spark?

First half of the season Howson was our best player and the second half of the season Snodgrass took over. Fer had some good games, especially earlier on in the season, but he never really maintained a level where he looked a class above the rest. Which maybe he should have a bit more - if cream rises to the top.

Though I do think it''s difficult for him when he''s playing with someone like Johnson (or, specifically, Johnson) because he doesn''t take care of the ball. It''s hard to create or make good use of possession when you''ve got someone in your engine room who gives the ball away more than he should. Whereas if you''ve got Tettey, while you know he''s not going to create too much, he''ll keep the ball with a yellow shirt. And with Howson he''s got the mobility to get around the midfield, pass and drive forward.

I hope he stays because there is a lot of talent there and I think he owes us a bit after some of his lacklustre performances last season to show us what he can really do - now he''s had a year to settle in.

GJP wrote the following post at 13/06/2014 3:59 PM:

Yellow Wall wrote:
If

he is playing tonight, in a team with better players, where his play is

not restricted, one or two people who have criticised him on here will

begin to realise what a good player he really is.

Hmm. Surely most people can see he''s a good player it''s just that maybe the application hasn''t quite been there.

It is very difficult to apply yourself if you feel what you are being asked to do is wrong and if you feel you would like to produce something for the team but do not have the opportunity because the team is set up in a way that restricts your creativity.

Yeah, you can say that playing with good players will bring out the

best in him but then as a superior player in amongst lesser players

shouldn''t he be a bit more influential and be giving us some spark?

Again, a player can only influence a game if the other players are on the same wave length and the management has set the team up in a way to allow creativity. If all the doors are shut in front of you by your own players then it is extremely to create a spark. 

First half of the season Howson was our best player and the second

half of the season Snodgrass took over. Fer had some good games,

especially earlier on in the season, but he never really maintained a

level where he looked a class above the rest. Which maybe he should have

a bit more - if cream rises to the top.

Perhaps this is very pertinent. Howson was very influential at the start of the season, and that is when Fer played his best. As you said ''Snodgrass took over'' in the second half of the season and everything seemed to have to involve him. Unfortunately Snodgrass slowed the game down and, by continually coming inside at every opportunity restricted the space for Fer to move into and took away the options of playing through balls into the box. Snodgrass has obvious skills but the way he was used not only harmed Fer''s game but harmed the opportunity for others to create. (Strachan doesn''t use him on the right).

Though I do think it''s difficult for him when he''s playing with

someone like Johnson (or, specifically, Johnson) because he doesn''t take

care of the ball. It''s hard to create or make good use of possession

when you''ve got someone in your engine room who gives the ball away more

than he should. Whereas if you''ve got Tettey, while you know he''s not

going to create too much, he''ll keep the ball with a yellow shirt. And

with Howson he''s got the mobility to get around the midfield, pass and

drive forward.

I cannot disagree with this too much.

I hope he stays because there is a lot of talent there and I think he

owes us a bit after some of his lacklustre performances last season to

show us what he can really do - now he''s had a year to settle in.

His apparent lacklustre performances were because he was not allowed to show us what he could do. The team was not set up for him. It was too narrow, it lacked pace and it lacked the will to put the ball into dangerous positions. Any restrictive, defensive set up will damage the game of attack-minded, creative players.