Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Leroy

Made the 23 man squad! I''m happy for him and happy we will be represented at the World Cup. When did we last have that?

You have to say that this looks the weakest Dutch squad we''ve seen for a good long time. Take Sneijder, Robben and RvP out of it and it appears ordinary at best.I know that Strootman and vvn der Vaart have pulled out, but I''m sure if they had been available then a guy who was by no means assured of a place in a struggling Norwich team would not have made the 23.

Robben and RVP are top, top class.

Well done to Fer. But the fact he''s made it probably shows they''re not that strong.

Our best and most complete cm but an inconsistent season. Hope he gets a game

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Our best and most complete cm but an inconsistent season. Hope he gets a game[/quote]

Just a hunch, but I doubt we will see him standing on the half way line, trying to flick the GK''s kicks on (In Snoddy''s absense) or being nailed to the half way line trying to play holding midfield. He might even find that he has a forward pass into a moving forward player rather than playing ball wide, or backwards.

This constantly amuses me. The Dutch squad must be poor if we have a player in it! We have Scotland''s best player but it turns into a criticism because Scotland aren''t deemed good enough for it to be an honour!!

Good on yer Leroy Fer! Great to see us represented in one of the world cups major squads!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This constantly amuses me. The Dutch squad must be poor if we have a player in it! We have Scotland''s best player but it turns into a criticism because Scotland aren''t deemed good enough for it to be an honour!! Good on yer Leroy Fer! Great to see us represented in one of the world cups major squads![/quote]

Spot on NN. Leroy is a decent player. I fear we just knocked the stuffing out of him.  And we should be celebrating having a player in the World Cup!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This constantly amuses me. The Dutch squad must be poor if we have a player in it! We have Scotland''s best player but it turns into a criticism because Scotland aren''t deemed good enough for it to be an honour!!

Good on yer Leroy Fer! Great to see us represented in one of the world cups major squads![/quote]I don''t know why it amuses you Nigel. Holland have been one of the top rated teams in the world for years. They were world cup finalists last time out. But the quality looks a little thin just at present. That''s why players as average and inconsistent as Fer are in the squad.Scotland, on the other hand are not, and have not been for ages ,a top rated team in world terms. So, it stands to reason that the overall quality of players in a Scotland squad is generally expected to be poorer than in a Dutch squad.

I really hope we get to keep hold of him this summer, I really think he''s a quality player. Every player was inconsistent last season, so Fer can take no more blame for being below par than the rest of the squad.

He was also ruined by negative tactics last season as I believe allot of our players were. If he stays with us, I''m sure he would turn into a valuable asset.

Beardo got it so it''s not my fault you didn''t reggie. In both cases it''s a massive achievement and something to celebrate.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Beardo got it so it''s not my fault you didn''t reggie. In both cases it''s a massive achievement and something to celebrate.[/quote]Beardo was merely agreeing with your statement that it''s nice for NCFC to have a player at the world cup. And I''d certainly agree with that too. Hope to see LF in the orange shirt playing well.But still don''t see what''s so strange/amusing in expecting a Dutch squad to be overall better in quality than a Scotland one . Which was the main point you were making, was it not ?

He will be played the right way and look world class.He won''t play for Norwich again.

[quote user="ref89"]He will be played the right way and look world class.He won''t play for Norwich again.[/quote]Hmm. Your first point is, I fear, rather overegging the pudding, ref89.I also fear , in contrast, that you will be proved spot on with your second point !

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Beardo got it so it''s not my fault you didn''t reggie. In both cases it''s a massive achievement and something to celebrate.[/quote]Beardo was merely agreeing with your statement that it''s nice for NCFC to have a player at the world cup. And I''d certainly agree with that too. Hope to see LF in the orange shirt playing well.But still don''t see what''s so strange/amusing in expecting a Dutch squad to be overall better in quality than a Scotland one . Which was the main point you were making, was it not ?[/quote]

I haven''t once suggested it should be. I was just comparing the reaction on here. Robert Snodgrass was Scotland''s player of the year but instead of congratulatory posts we got the achievemnt played down and a load of whinging. Leroy Fer as made the 23 man squad of one of the top football nations and you whingers don''t have a good word to say for him. Just play down the achievement or use it as another excuse to carry on your moanfest about our club.

[quote user="splutcho"]94 Ekoku for Nigeria![/quote]

congrats to Fer, whatever the current strengths of the Dutch squad ,a NCFC player at the world cup is indeed a rarity, I think he becomes only the the 7th player to do it?

O''Neill - N.Ireland ''82, Woods -England ''86, Gunn & Fleck -Scotland ''90,Towsend -Ireland ''90, Ekoku -Nigeria ''94.......have I missed any?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]. Just play down the achievement or use it as another excuse to carry on your moanfest about our club.

[/quote]Precisely where in this thread have I ''carried on a moanfest about our club'' , Nigel ?I''m happy to admit that I genuinely believe that, had Vd Vaart and Strootman been available, then Leroy would not have been the requisite quality to have made the 23 man Holland squad. Of course you will say that you can only go with what you''ve got, but, in principle ,do you disagree with that ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Beardo got it so it''s not my fault you didn''t reggie. In both cases it''s a massive achievement and something to celebrate.[/quote]Beardo was merely agreeing with your statement that it''s nice for NCFC to have a player at the world cup. And I''d certainly agree with that too. Hope to see LF in the orange shirt playing well.But still don''t see what''s so strange/amusing in expecting a Dutch squad to be overall better in quality than a Scotland one . Which was the main point you were making, was it not ?[/quote]

I haven''t once suggested it should be. I was just comparing the reaction on here. Robert Snodgrass was Scotland''s player of the year but instead of congratulatory posts we got the achievemnt played down and a load of whinging. Leroy Fer as made the 23 man squad of one of the top football nations and you whingers don''t have a good word to say for him. Just play down the achievement or use it as another excuse to carry on your moanfest about our club.

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You have to say that this looks the weakest Dutch squad we''ve seen for a good long time. Take Sneijder, Robben and RvP out of it and it appears ordinary at best.I know that Strootman and vvn der Vaart have pulled out, but I''m sure if they had been available then a guy who was by no means assured of a place in a struggling Norwich team would not have made the 23.

[/quote]

Here''s your full post.

Beardo even managed to include some tripe about the halfway lkine and Snoddy in his.

GeeJay''s not adverse to a good moan but he does see the significance of this selection. How far could Leroy get? I think England got to the quarters in ''86. I think this is something we can all be proud of.

Great to see Leroy in the Dutch squad. I doubt Van Gaal would select him if he didn''t think he is up to the job.

Unfortunately for City, I think this makes it much less likely that we will see him in our colours next season.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Great to see Leroy in the Dutch squad. I doubt Van Gaal would select him if he didn''t think he is up to the job.

Unfortunately for City, I think this makes it much less likely that we will see him in our colours next season.[/quote]Part of the Dutch World Cup squad on his CV can only enhance his value. And if he plays and does well his price will soar. Can only be good news for NCFC Crafty and it''s nice to see you being so positive. [Y]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Made the 23 man squad! I''m happy for him and happy we will be represented at the World Cup. When did we last have that?[/quote]

Providing he''s still a Norwich player come the World Cup.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="splutcho"]94 Ekoku for Nigeria![/quote]

congrats to Fer, whatever the current strengths of the Dutch squad ,a NCFC player at the world cup is indeed a rarity, I think he becomes only the the 7th player to do it?

O''Neill - N.Ireland ''82, Woods -England ''86, Gunn & Fleck -Scotland ''90,Towsend -Ireland ''90, Ekoku -Nigeria ''94.......have I missed any?

[/quote]Guess you could add Joseph Yobo for this year.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You have to say that this looks the weakest Dutch squad we''ve seen for a good long time. Take Sneijder, Robben and RvP out of it and it appears ordinary at best.I know that Strootman and vvn der Vaart have pulled out, but I''m sure if they had been available then a guy who was by no means assured of a place in a struggling Norwich team would not have made the 23.

[/quote]

Here''s your full post.

[/quote]Still not entirely clear as to what part of this was "a moanfest against NCFC", Nige.Unless it''s the fact that I described Norwich as "struggling" last season .  Perhaps I imagined that bit ?Still, never let the facts get in the way of a closed minded rant ,eh ?Just in case you missed it, I''ll repeat :  I wish Fer all the best for his forthcoming appearances for Holland in the Brazil World Cup.Happy now ?

Can''t imagine we''ll see him playing for us again, I''d like to keep him but I''m not devastated if he moves on. I think its more imperative we keep Olsson, Howson, Redmon, Hooper and a couple others.

WC performances (good ones) will raise his stock some! We''ll either get a confident player back ready for a fight or we''ll set some good green for him.

I''m happy with either

I must have missed it reggie. Perhaps it appeared later as an after thought. He has the potential of becoming our most successful World Cup player. Something we could all take great pride in. I was also extremely proud that Snoddy was voted Scotland''s international POTS.

That was a great achievement for Snoddy which regrettably very few seemed to want to celebrate, also excellent for Leroy, great to see our lads in the world cup.