Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Norwich bid for Ross McCormack

This is the type of player we need

27 Years of age , scored 29 goals last season in total, 28 in the League - in a poor Leeds team that only scored 59 & finished 15th,

With the right bid (£8/9M) he would surely jump at the chance to join a team that stands a good chance of getting back into the Prem at the first attempt (on 2nd May he was quoted as saying he wants to play in the Prem and be a regular in the Scottish team)

A substantial upgrade on what we have (Hoops & Wolf)  and a proven Champ goal scorer. I am fed up hearing how these 2 will score a hatful in the champs - please dont tell me we will wait till Christmas to see how it goes upfront, by then it could be too late. We have to hit the ground running from the start not wait for people to get there confidence back.

Wolf certainly wont cut the mustard and will Hooper work hard enough for the team ?

Who ever comes in over the next 7 days needs to be decisive and act quickly to asssemble the right squad, McCormack would be a supirb acquisition

PS My head is spinning with who we will or wont or might or might not have as manager and what this or that bookies says !

So I thought I would start a new thread

I will post another thread next May when Hooper & Wolf have not even got to 29 between them, can we all wake up we were relegated because we were not good enough and did not score enough goals

The wolf was a laughing stock on everything from Sky Sports , MOD through to our own boards & no one 100% sure about Hooper including Adams who was relectant to start him

How will these 2 transform themselves into goal machines, the champs is a tough league, we need quality proven additions to the squad ?

Not that we''ll see it but I''d happily bet a fully confident RvW is technically superior to Ross McCormack. Shame it''s not worked out this far. Personally I see Hoops storming the Championship but whether he''s still here come August remains to be seen.

[quote user="Newton"]

I will post another thread next May when Hooper & Wolf have not even got to 29 between them, can we all wake up we were relegated because we were not good enough and did not score enough goals

The wolf was a laughing stock on everything from Sky Sports , MOD through to our own boards & no one 100% sure about Hooper including Adams who was relectant to start him

How will these 2 transform themselves into goal machines, the champs is a tough league, we need quality proven additions to the squad ?

[/quote]Go ahead and do that Newton you absolute nause.

People are laughing at you because you seriously suggested we bid 9 million for him.Try again with 3 or 4 million, you might get some interest.

Hi ref89

Thats his value - how much did Charlie Austrin cost QPR ?

Did we not pay £9M for someone who was one of the flops of last season & could not even make the squad for our last game. I had the pleasure of watching him stroll around in away games last season, it was absolutely appauling

WAKE UP

McCormack''s a good Championship player. He''d be a great addition. But not at £8m/9m. Equally, anyone who think''s we''d get him for £3m is dreaming.

RVW is technically superior to McCormack. If you''re so deluded by performance and form that you can''t see that then you probably need to reevaluate your footballing knowledge. The argument that he would score more goals in the Championship holds water due to the proof of the last season but I would back RVW to hit over 20 if we can get his confidence back and use him in the right way next year.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]RVW is technically superior to McCormack. If you''re so deluded by performance and form that you can''t see that then you probably need to reevaluate your footballing knowledge. The argument that he would score more goals in the Championship holds water due to the proof of the last season but I would back RVW to hit over 20 if we can get his confidence back and use him in the right way next year.[/quote]

Totally agree mate.

Where did this information come from? Have I missed something. Who has bid? We are without a manager for a start.

He could well be worth a punt at 3-4 million but not as a replacement for our three mis-firers, more an addition.

I remain one of those who would like to see Wolfie, Hooper and Luciano, Luciano (wherefore art though) Becchio. given a chance to make amends in the Chumps, but as the OP stated, we could not risk a repeat and learn a nasty lesson. I would see McCormack as realistic competition, but also as insurance. We have the dosh, let''s use it in the crucial season to come.

Another player worth considering is McGoldrick from Shanty Town F.C. He scores a lot from just behind the strike-force, is rated by their support (however much of value that is) and they need the money. He would likely cost less than McCormack and I get the impression that he is a bit of an itinerant who would be lured by the better wages we could afford and much better prospects of PL football.

To redress the balance of my unacceptable suggestion re: having ITFC players at Carrow Road, I would hasten to add that there is not one other single player on their books who I would be the remotest bit interested in seeing in the yellow shirt.

Apparently if you google ''definition: imbecile'' the top result is for a link to Newton''s profile page.

Stupid topic title, stupid content. Please stop starting threads.

can we actually bid for players without a new manager? the person coming in may not want McCormack..

there''s no truth in the OP at all.

I think McCormack would be a good acquisition. I''d be happy if we signed him. Though I''m not sure I''d want us to spent as much as £8m or £9m on him.

You look at Hooper''s record in the SPL and the Championship and you''d expect him to be prolific for us but maybe it won''t work that way. His performances for us in the Premier League weren''t particularly inspiring, he often looked quite poor. Obviously it''s a very high standard of football but taking that season in isolation I wouldn''t bank on him storming the Championship. But hopefully he''ll find goals a bit easier to come by at a lower level as he has done in the past.

Andy C glad to see u woke up, clearly grumpy, but then it is lunch time

Have a bottle of  formula & go back to sleep theres a good biy

[quote user="GJP"]

I think McCormack would be a good acquisition. I''d be happy if we signed him. Though I''m not sure I''d want us to spent as much as £8m or £9m on him.

You look at Hooper''s record in the SPL and the Championship and you''d expect him to be prolific for us but maybe it won''t work that way. His performances for us in the Premier League weren''t particularly inspiring, he often looked quite poor. Obviously it''s a very high standard of football but taking that season in isolation I wouldn''t bank on him storming the Championship. But hopefully he''ll find goals a bit easier to come by at a lower level as he has done in the past.

[/quote]

I beg to be able to reserve judgement on our current strike-force until Hughtonsm is completely cleansed from Carrow Road. The appointment of a new manager will be the final act in this respect.

As I opined above, I would also like one extra proven striker at this level to be acquired as competition and insurance.

[quote user="Newton"]

Andy C glad to see u woke up, clearly grumpy, but then it is lunch time

Have a bottle of  formula & go back to sleep theres a good biy

[/quote]

he turn''s up every summer, shouts about duplicate threads alot, then disappears when the season starts.

maybe one day he will have something interesting to say and start a new thread to allow us to voice opinion and debate?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="GJP"]

I think McCormack would be a good acquisition. I''d be happy if we signed him. Though I''m not sure I''d want us to spent as much as £8m or £9m on him. You look at Hooper''s record in the SPL and the Championship and you''d expect him to be prolific for us but maybe it won''t work that way. His performances for us in the Premier League weren''t particularly inspiring, he often looked quite poor. Obviously it''s a very high standard of football but taking that season in isolation I wouldn''t bank on him storming the Championship. But hopefully he''ll find goals a bit easier to come by at a lower level as he has done in the past.

[/quote]

I beg to be able to reserve judgement on our current strike-force until Hughtonsm is completely cleansed from Carrow Road. The appointment of a new manager will be the final act in this respect.

[/quote]

It will be almost funny (not) if the next manager finds things as difficult as Hughton.   Since 1996 we have had only two managers who were deemed worthy - Worthy and Lambert.  Worthy was hounded out.  Lambert walked or was pushed.   The rest have been mediocre or just poor.  Walker (the second time), Rioch,  Megson, Hamilton, Gunn, Roeder, Grant - have I missed anyone?   By my reckoning that''s two out of nine managers not really up to it.    So the chances are that the next manager may struggle too.   What then?    Beg for Lambert to come back?  Get Worthy back after he has got York up to the Championship?  After all he has got us promoted to the top level once before...........

LOL Jas, I find it ridiculously odd that you''d retain a knowledge of when I do and don''t post.

Newton here are some ideas for posts you can make today to give yourself maximum attention:

Subject: Press conference!

Content: Do you think there will be a press conference today?

Subject: Director of football announced!

Content: Do you think the director of football will be announced the same time as the manager.

Subject: Delia resigns

Content: I think Delia has resigned herself to the idea of losing Leroy Fer, what do you think?

etc etc

[quote user="AndyCanary"]LOL Jas, I find it ridiculously odd that you''d retain a knowledge of when I do and don''t post. Newton here are some ideas for posts you can make today to give yourself maximum attention: Subject: Press conference! Content: Do you think there will be a press conference today? Subject: Director of football announced! Content: Do you think the director of football will be announced the same time as the manager. Subject: Delia resigns Content: I think Delia has resigned herself to the idea of losing Leroy Fer, what do you think? etc etc[/quote]

just seems you are more "vocal" in the off season.

so, when are you starting a new thread for us all to discuss? I await your valued insight and opinions.

Andy lunch not up to scatch them - sorry about that

Think its nap time for u

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Something else to moan about around 5pm I would imagine - set your alarm

My thread starting process goes like this:

1) Think of something I think may be interesting to discuss, or a question I''d like to post to the forum >

2) Check to see if it''s been covered in a current thread..

99/100 find it is covered in a thread already

3) Add said thoughts/question to already existing thread.

Rocket science I know.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 22/05/2014 1:00 PM:

"so, when are you starting a new thread for us all to discuss? I await your valued insight and opinions."

Perhaps he should start a "Why Newton is a Troll" thread or even "Why does jas stick up for Trolls like Newton?"

[quote user="Newton"]

Andy lunch not up to scatch them - sorry about that

Think its nap time for u

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Something else to moan about around 5pm I would imagine - set your alarm

[/quote]

Can you two continue this  enthralling conversation via the PM facility? It is clogging up a rather interesting thread about NCFC.

This is about the fifth or sixth player we have been linked to, or chasing or interested in over the past two or three weeks.

As we have not had a permanent manager, or a director of football, etc, who is making these decisions in the meantime? Admittedly this posting is an expression of hope, rather than a declared interest.

My view on McCormack is that he is a useful striker, but I imagine that supporters at our feeder club in Yorkshire would compel us to pay a hefty over-the-value price