Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

OT: Brazil 2014 World Cup

I used to laugh when people said watching us was like watching Brazil. Now I see where they were coming from! It''s not just the shirts.

Lots of praying going on on the pitch right now, which may be a wise idea after that performance.... wonder if Mr Lambert is available?

[quote user="Jenkins"]How is it possible to get a semi final result like that in any properly and fairly run competition.[/quote]what an odd thing to say.... brazil have been helped all the way through to the semi and came unstuck big time when it actually did start to get properly and fairly runand properly refereed and they also played a team who were far superior and stood up to the hype

I had my suspicions before the World Cup and the World Cup has confirmed those suspicions - Hulk is a poor player (for that level). Simply should not be in the team.

[quote user="splutcho"]I think the same could be said for an awful lot of players in that side.[/quote]

Perhaps but a lot of them play in major leagues for major clubs.

I''d be surprised if Hulk got a shot playing for a side competing to win the Prem, Liga or Bundesliga.

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: OT: Brazil 2014 World Cup

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: OT: Brazil 2014 World Cup

splutcho wrote the following post at 08/07/2014 11:03 PM:

What a ridiculous comment Jenkins.

Explain?

Psh, FIFA conspiracies are pretty boring.

Brazil got lucky in the first game, but the decision was a marginal one that went their way. If Brazil were being helped by FIFA they wouldn''t have had their captain yellow carded in the quarter final, or a penalty awarded against them.

Brazil were average, but just about managed to get over the line in each game. They were beaten by the better team tonight and they fell apart at the back. No great conspiracy or plot from FIFA.

In some ways it''s been a tournament about great individuals rather than great teams.

Brazil lost their great individual and it hurt them, big time.

Who would fancy Argentina tomorrow night if they lost Messi? Or Holland if they lost Robben?

If you have a competition run over this length of time with all the best teams in the world, there should never be a 7-1 score line in a semi final.

There will be 7-1 when teams have players like David Luiz at the back who seem to completely give up on defending.

Freak results happen, and this was one of them. Usually a team will hold back after getting to 3-0 to conserve energy or avoid injuries but this German team are just ruthless.

It''s like when Man City smashed Man U in the league, but Man U still won the title. Teams have bad days, especially when their two most important players are unavailable and you have the pressure of an entire nation on you.

David Luis isn''t there to lead, though. Silva keeps him on a leash and puts him where he has to be. He''s unreliable, but he is a fantastic passer of the ball. I think that''s why he''s in to be honest, he''s allowed to roam (to an extent) as Scolari knows Silva has everything at the back.

Without the general, he''s basically a headless chicken.

Shame they''re out though... was looking forward to seeing if Fernandinho would eventually get sent off...

[quote user="Herman "]

Nodding off a bit with this one.

[/quote]There hint no ghouls[:(]

[quote user="Herman "]

Bit over indulged last night.

That Messi bloke. Well over-rated,

[/quote]I heard Fulham are in for him.