Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Substantial Funds to Transfer Kitty

As we are all aware Fer has made it public knowledge that he will be looking to move on after the World Cup

It is fantastic news that he has been selected for the Dutch Squad as this would have increased his transfer value to at least £7.5M

These funds need to be invested in UK grown players who want to play for Norwich City & can hit the ground running in August, Lambert style rather than foreign mercenaries who are only here for the money !

A player desperate to leave to avoid playing in a lower division doesn''t give us much bargaining power. We won''t get much in return for what we paid for him. Anything over £5m is a good result.

Yep, all foreigners are money hungry and don''t care, all English players are lionhearts and would do their job just for the love of the game if we let them.

We will not spend a penny in the summer, just replace with youth players. They will still get 27000 fans to home games thats all they care about. Everything will be done on the cheap this season

You would think that as he has now been selected for the dutch for the world cup that he would will want to stay in that squad. He probably wouldnt be in that squad if it wasnt for Strootman & Van Der Vaarts injury, the only was to put pressure on these players and to stay in the squad is to be playing at the highest level which the championship is not. Fer is one i expect to go and one who probably will want to and even with his indifferent season will attract a few admirers. Do we need to sell ? No, so when we do start attracting offers i should imagine anything around £ 5m will be turned down. With us being debt free and players all gettibg a pay cut we are in a very good position when selling players who are in demand.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Newton"]As we are all aware Fer has made it public knowledge that he will be looking to move on after the World Cup [/quote]

Has he?

Where?
[/quote]

I think we would all like some more info on that......

I am sure Fer said he would consider his future after the World Cup, this translates to my agent has been instructed to find me another club

A Dutch international will not want want to be playing in the 2nd tier of English football - can any one else help please ?

"A Dutch international will not want want to be playing in the 2nd tier of English football - can any one else help please ? "

What sort of help are you looking for? Are you looking for somebody to produce evidence to support your imagination?

[quote user="splutcho"]Yep, all foreigners are money hungry and don''t care, all English players are lionhearts and would do their job just for the love of the game if we let them.[/quote]Ha![;)]

What Fer actually said was he would consider his future after the World Cup as his current focus is on that. He said that about 2 weeks ago. This was a quote for a direct question about his future, none of the players have said they will be looking to leave so far. Just ones saying they are staying unless told otherwise by the club (Ruddy/Redmond etc.)

[quote user="iron_stan"]we could have 20 mill to spendno one worth buying will want to play for adams though

[/quote]by that reasoning most of the squad and youth players will also be gone

[quote user="iron_stan"]we could have 20 mill to spendno one worth buying will want to play for adams though

[/quote]

the same way no one wanted to play for brendon rogers when he took over at Swansea

god some people talk crap

what should we have done rolled out peter reid from retirement

as for players leaving

Pilkington told our tnt driver he was hoping to leave in January so would expect him and wes to bugger of if no one else

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]If Leroy Fer is in the Norwich team for the first game of the season, I will run naked through Bowthorpe Sainsburys.[/quote]

Just over a week to go...

[quote user="killercanary29"]We will not spend a penny in the summer, just replace with youth players. They will still get 27000 fans to home games thats all they care about. Everything will be done on the cheap this season[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="killercanary29"]We will not spend a penny in the summer, just replace with youth players. They will still get 27000 fans to home games thats all they care about. Everything will be done on the cheap this season[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that June is one of the summer months and £3 million is more than a penny.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Huzzah! [Y][/quote]

Why are you "huzzahing" that anti-club bile Wiz?

The last released published accounts revealed a wage bill of around £60m whilst the scum were £15m. since then, ours will have increased and theirs decreased and even with reduced wages this season, we will probably treble their wage bill. Plus we have paid £6m for two players while they have once again been signing freebies. How is that doing it "on the cheap"?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]£3m for lafferty?!

Jeez......[/quote]I''m guessing cusdp, my source if inside info seems to have dried up. [;)]

absolutely no way is lafferty from a serie b side a £3m signing..  is there?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]absolutely no way is lafferty from a serie b side a £3m signing..  is there?[/quote]I did say I was guessing Zips. [;)]

Transfermkt had he listed around there and that may be the source of IK about the undisclosed amount.

Personally, I think Lafferty is going to surprise a lot of people.