Sign in to follow this  
Mr Grumpy

Grabban Signs

I cannot really see why any City fan should be anything but positive about this signing.

It seems that we have picked up one of last season''s Championship hot-shots for a decent fee that won''t over-disturb the bank manager, and in doing so we have beaten off all the competition in one fell swoop.

He is also a player who possesses a few of the attributes we were lacking last season, pace being the number one of these by a mile.

I am happy to have this player on-board, but I am also happy that we were so quick off the mark in demonstrating a positivity about next season and a belief that we can make a quick return to the top table. 

Things are happening. We might not be little Norwich again after all and I sense that even some of the moaners and groaners are beginning to see that we mean business, from the quality of the backroom staff appointees to players like this young prospect.

There could well be some method in some of the apparent madness after all.  

I like this signing. I like it alot. His work rate is superb, he runs the channels well, he has good speed and, whilst no target man, he''s reasonably good in the air. He''s also more than capable at playing upfront by himself if necessary, which is very important as I think we''ll be playing a one striker system for the majority next season.

Living down here I''ve seen him play a bit and would say this might just prove to be an excellent piece of business.

Other than that, the lad absolutely loves a shot. Check out his goal vs Bolton if you haven''t already.

Jimmy Smith you said:

"Of the top 5 scorers, McCormack looks like going to Newcastle for £6m, Rhodes and Deeney are quoted at £7m+ and Martin is off to the premiership"

Chris Martin is staying at Derby, who didn''t get promoted?

As for the Grabban singing, he has clearly had an excellent season but I can remember us signing Cureton after he''d banged in 23 in this league.

We MUST keep Hooper, he can be the best striker in the Championship next season.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"] but I can remember us signing Cureton after he''d banged in 23 in this league. [/quote]Blimey, GM.And people have a go at me for being curmudgeonly, negative, pessimistic etc.......

Sounds as if this is a reasonable signing, 27 years old, not too sure but hope he will be a good striker for us.

Could somebody shoot Portman by the way or at least politely ask him to F uck off back to binland. We are not interested in you views!

[quote user="Jenkins"].

Could somebody shoot Portman by the way or at least politely ask him to F uck off back to binland. We are not interested in you views![/quote]Not true, Jenks. Some of us are very interested in PK''s views.For the simple reason that there''s not a lot of good comedy on the telly these days and his ramblings, and hopeless optimism re all things ITFC make a pretty good alternative.

The management team obviously see something in him and he has shown he can do it in this league so I''m happy to reserve judgement until I''ve seen him perform.

Found this comment from a Bournemouth fan interesting.

"It''s certainly true that Grabban doesn''t score ''easy'' goals, and certainly isn''t a banker when through on goal. But he has many other great qualities to his game. I hope Norwich fans don''t get on his back the minute he misses his first clear chance, he''s a player who needs a little love. "

this looks a good signing

seems to score all sorts of goals, was excited when we signed rvw but looking back his goals were usually tap ins or soft shots with no power, grabban looks like he has strength pac power and knows where the goal is

I actually think he will be a better all round player for the team then jordan Rhodes would be so i am happy

I listened to Adams video interview re Grabbam

He will clearly be starting - the other forwards had better cut the mustard & put the effort in or they will be on the bench

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]. His work rate is superb, .[/quote]

So is BJs - yet he should not be starting for us.    It is teh most overrated attribute -  and I despair that an appearance of effort is valued more than capability.   Its not just a norwich thing,  but british footballs bizarre obsession.

His other attributes are the key ones,  pace, power, movement and ability to finish and play upi front alone, a good addition to our attacking options.      

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]. His work rate is superb, .[/quote]

So is BJs - yet he should not be starting for us.    It is teh most overrated attribute -  and I despair that an appearance of effort is valued more than capability.   Its not just a norwich thing,  but british footballs bizarre obsession.

His other attributes are the key ones,  pace, power, movement and ability to finish and play upi front alone, a good addition to our attacking options.      

[/quote]
Work rate alone is not enough to make you a good player and work rate alone should not make you start over more talented players. But an excellent work rate, combined with a degree of talent, is nothing to get upset about. 
His work rate is just one of many attributes that make him an attractive option up-front, it is not the only attribute.

Grabban''s pace will be utilised as a winger - primarily.

Adams likes wingers.

He was one himself.

As he has played both as a striker and a wide player (but not necessarily a winger) I hope that we will see much more movement up front in a 4-3-3 formation which Grabban is well suited to, as are Hooper and RvW if they stay.

[quote user="portman_king"]I certainly would not die for a Grabban-type signing. We had no problems scoring goals anyway last season.If Grabban - a hard-working technically limited player is worth £3m then heaven knows what David McGoldrick must be worth!I''m not ''grasping at negatives'', I''m merely telling it how it is. Good luck to him, but I don''t think it''s a very inspired signing. He''ll serve you reasonably well in the Championship.[/quote]Just lol. [:D][:D][:D]