Sign in to follow this  
Mr Grumpy

Grabban Signs

That was done quickly, had a good season in League One & had a better season in the Championship, 22 goals is nothing to be sneezed at!

Does this spell the end for one of our current strikers though?

[quote user="Adycakes"]That was done quickly, had a good season in League One & had a better season in the Championship, 22 goals is nothing to be sneezed at!

Does this spell the end for one of our current strikers though?[/quote]Ricky & Becchio going, fending off multiple offers for Hoops? Wouldn''t suprise me if we have a totally different strike force come August.

Was he out of contract?

I thought the window didn''t open until 1 July?

As far as I understand, and that is all it is, Bournemouth played attractive progressive football under a young coach/manager.

Grabban scored almost 40 goals in two seasons. The impression is that he is quick.

If we fend off interest in Hooper, then I think RVW and Becchio might well be on their way.

Living near Bournemouth, I''ve probably heard more about this lad than most on here - VERY happy with this signing. He is a handful and a first signing not to be sniffed at. Good work NCFC!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Was he out of contract?

I thought the window didn''t open until 1 July?

As far as I understand, and that is all it is, Bournemouth played attractive progressive football under a young coach/manager.

Grabban scored almost 40 goals in two seasons. The impression is that he is quick.

If we fend off interest in Hooper, then I think RVW and Becchio might well be on their way.[/quote]

Contracts don''t end until the end of the month so not sure what your point is there.

We signed RVW in March last year. There is no limit on when you can officially sign a player, you just can''t register them until a transfer window time, and they stay at their club officially until then too. Could sign a player day after transfer window closes if you like to sign first day of the next window.

Anyway decent signing, 22 goals in the Championship, his best record in a season. Played with Surman so maybe thats a hint he has a place here under Adams which is also great news.

Led the line well for the Cherries last year, but we''ll see whether Grabban was just well suited to Bournemouth or whether he is a late developer.Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring charts in 2013/14.

[quote user="portman_king"]Led the line well for the Cherries last year, but we''ll see whether Grabban was just well suited to Bournemouth or whether he is a late developer.

Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring charts in 2013/14.
[/quote]

Maybe Norwich will just use him from the bench. Any Ipswich strikers scored over 20 goals in the Championship recently?

[quote user="portman_king"]Led the line well for the Cherries last year, but we''ll see whether Grabban was just well suited to Bournemouth or whether he is a late developer.

Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring charts in 2013/14.
[/quote]

Let face it you''ll not be buying £3M players for a long time.

Good signing. Bit of a handful, bit of pace. He''s a threat.

Still think we need at least one more good striker in addition to him.

And no one thought Grant Holt would scored 15 goals in the Premiership. But he did.

Players develop later in their careers. It annoys me when people think a player has reached their full potential at 24. I always thought in the last 10/15 years it was largely accepted players in general are at their peak at 28/29/30ish depending on position/play style/when they started playing regular first team football etc. So Grabban improving is no surprise what so ever. And hopefully he''ll continue to do so.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="portman_king"]Led the line well for the Cherries last year, but we''ll see whether Grabban was just well suited to Bournemouth or whether he is a late developer.Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring charts in 2013/14.[/quote]

[/quote]

And if you think a £3m price tag means they''ll be a great player then you''re mistaken, my friend.

Great[:D]  pacy,  whether a striker or a winger its a good start to the purchases

Well it seems like most teams in the league wanted him (Brighton, Cardiff and Boro were heavily linked), so he must be decent. He''ll provide confidence, pace and a bit of physicality to our front line.

As far as our first signing goes i''m happy, but we need to get this summers recruitment right. I suspect this spells the end for RvW or Becchio. With the constant emphasis on work rate, application and attitude coming from the staff, I suggest it''s the former.

Is he one that could play next to Hooper or instead?

I still think we need to replace Holt properly with a guy that will keep the ball in the final third well and score a few.

Here he is showing Angel Di Maria a clean set of heels!:

http://images.football365.com/13/07/800x600/angel-di-maria-lewis-grabban-real-madrid-bournemouth-pre-season-friendly_2976568.jpg

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well it seems like most teams in the league wanted him (Brighton, Cardiff and Boro were heavily linked), so he must be decent. He''ll provide confidence, pace and a bit of physicality to our front line.

As far as our first signing goes i''m happy, but we need to get this summers recruitment right. I suspect this spells the end for RvW or Becchio. With the constant emphasis on work rate, application and attitude coming from the staff, I suggest it''s the former.

Is he one that could play next to Hooper or instead?

I still think we need to replace Holt properly with a guy that will keep the ball in the final third well and score a few.

Here he is showing Angel Di Maria a clean set of heels!:

http://images.football365.com/13/07/800x600/angel-di-maria-lewis-grabban-real-madrid-bournemouth-pre-season-friendly_2976568.jpg[/quote]He''s very much been utilised as a lone striker by Bournemouth. Although towards the end of 2013/14 he did play alongside Yann Kermorgant and, interestingly, didn''t score half as many in a 4-4-2.I''ll be very interested to see how he gets on. I personally question whether he''s got much more development in him given that he''s rather technically limited and relies on his work rate and pace. A good asset in the Championship though.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And if you think a £3m price tag means they''ll be a great player then you''re mistaken, my friend.

[/quote]

No, I''m just pointing out how skint you are, you''re looking for Bosman''s and swaps.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="portman_king"]Led the line well for the Cherries last year, but we''ll see whether Grabban was just well suited to Bournemouth or whether he is a late developer.Rather gangly and ungainly like Steve Morison. Personally, I wouldn''t have paid £3m for him, as I''m not sure he''d replicate his form at Bournemouth elsewhere. I don''t think any Championship fan expected him to be up the top end of the goalscoring charts in 2013/14.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I''m just pointing out how skint you are, you''re looking for Bosman''s and swaps.

[/quote]Our team of Bosman''s and swaps did reasonably well last season so if we can improve on that we''ll be doing just fine.I wouldn''t crow too loud just yet.