Sign in to follow this  
morty

U21's

Beat Wolves tonight, but more importantly it means that next season they will play in the Elite group of the U21''s league.Very, very good news.[:)]

Can I ask anyone who goes to these games what they think of Elliott Bennett''s recovery, could he be ready for a first team recall, maybe a substitute option?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Can I ask anyone who goes to these games what they think of Elliott Bennett''s recovery, could he be ready for a first team recall, maybe a substitute option?

[/quote]I wouldn''t have thought he would be too far away now, I think he has played 3 full games now?

Morty, yes a great achievement.

In fact all great results for the U21s since Jerry Gill took charge of them. Maybe a message there.

Always thought it as a bit odd that Neil Adams did not move up to the U21s when Robson was appointed. Would have thought that would have been a logical career step. But perhaps the 18s and 21s are seen as on a par or he did not want it. Or.............. insert conspiracy theory here.

OTBC

I think the U18s is just as important, if not more so, than the U21s really. A lot of the ''best'' players between 18-21 who aren''t quite ready for the first team in theory should be going out on loan to get experience so they have more about them when they are pushed into the first team. Whereas the U18s is where the development of the players really starts to take shape.

Fair point GP.

The counter argument is that by working with the older group and some of the first team you get a better opportunity to develop man management skills.

Would be interesting to know if there is a pecking order and what it is though.

Excellent news, particularly when you consider the bigger picture and gradual evolvement of the club for the longer term.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought he would be too far away now, I think he has played 3 full games now?
[/quote]

Looks like EB agrees with you Morty [;)]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/winger_elliott_bennett_would_give_anything_to_make_his_norwich_city_return_against_manchester_united_1_3569467 

Hope we see him on the bench for saturday then,   good to have options