Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

McGeehan’s future?

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/luton-town/still-to-wait-and-see-over-mcgeehan-s-future-1-6015621

Surely there can be no way we would let a kid of his talent leave on a permanent basis?

He looked to me one of the absolute standout performers of our youth cup winning side and a potentially brilliant all round midfielder, someone in the Gerrard model, potentially never going to be THAT talented, but a real one to keep for the future...

Another loan? yes absolutely, but surely no one at Norwich is considering letting this kid go permanently as the article suggests?

Completely agree, I would very much hope that we are looking to keep him.I''m sure there might be a slot, or two,  available in the squad in the midfield department next season.

Oh and re the article, players on loan are always very non committal and usually say they wouldn''t rule out staying, just so as not to burn any bridges, and when clubs loan talent from a bigger club, they usually want to keep the player.So I really wouldn''t read too much into it.

I just found it alarming the manager is saying something like "We''ll wait and see what the powers that be at Norwich decide".

I''d expect him to be saying something more playing down the chances like "Cameron''s a big talent and has a great future ahead of him so we''ll do everything we can to try and get him back here again next season".

I find the fact that the manager''s insinuating we are considering it mental!

He has played 15 or so games for a team ripping that league up and has scored 3(?) with a couple of assists as well as ''destroying'' the opposition play-making. We don''t have that type of player at the Club with his potential and if we decide to let him go it would be a really bad decision.

I can''t see us letting him leave the club but I do hope that we follow Declan Rudds example and find a strong league one team (Sheff td) for him to continue to learn the game at a higher level.  

Needless to say there is a big gap between conference and champs football.

It''s Houghton''s fault if McGeehan leaves.....................

Crikey Zipper - reading your post with great interest and then thinking ''champs football'' what is he talking about?…….then, it hit me…..championship football''

Oh dear Oh bloody dear :-(

Decent player from what I saw in the FA youth cup run. Seems to be lacking a bit of pace, though, if I''m not wrong.

Yet another youth player that we can integrate into the squad should we go down.

He may even be a better bet than Johnson.

I agree with the general consensus. Selling him would be silly, i''m sure he''s one of the 4/5 who could easily be good enough for us in a coupe years wether that be in the PL or Championship. He has a lot about him, very talented and level headed. Good leader too. Really can''t see why we''d let him go.

But yeah another loan, probably back to Luton would be good. I''d personally rather he went to League One because the gulf in quality just gets bigger and bigger between the leagues and any extra experience he can get to aid his development would be beneficial. Just look at Redmond, when a player is good enough he plays. I''m sure next season, the season after etc he''ll be a heck of a lot better because of the amount of PL football he''s played this season. Whereas someone like Zaha, even Ince don''t have that because they either signed for a club who had no intention of playing them or delayed their move to the PL for moneys sake.

Good point well made GingerPelle............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I also blame Adams.. Mcgeehan captain of the succesful youth cup side and being let go by his former (and yet current) manager possibly.. for not being up the the standard...

for not being up the the standard?

Please start speaking English, it makes it easier.

Hahahahahahahahahaha you just get better and better Neil

Don''t you have some WKDs to go and down, by the local bus stop with your mates? And then you can start attempting to take the piss out of some poor elderly women getting on the bus because your life is that sad?

You''re stalking me, that''s cute. Maybe we could date.

No to both. Especially the second one.

It''s just blatantly obvious. I''m sure even Waveney ''Canary'' could work that one out...

On the plus side I haven''t made over 17,000 posts on a forum.

I know!

Oh my God six posts a day average on a Forum related to my longest running ''hobby'' and biggest passion. What on earth is going on? Just shocking....

You might be legally old enough to have sex, but I''m not too sure you''re mentally old enough... So keep dreaming.....