Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

I hope not

Could it be that Neil Adams may be the only N C F C manager to get no points at all whilst in charge or has there been another in the past.I hope this will not happen because I like the man and he has changed things for the better but still no points which is a massive worry.I hope he and the team can turn it round.

I''m more intrested in how many fans would advocate giving him the job full time if he fails to pick up a single point?

There would be many on here saying he is "the man for the job" come August despite starting a new season without a single point to his name....

lose the first game and things go wrong very quickly...

I think there''s a fine line there Jas though. I''m sure you appreciate as a football coach and manager yourself, that if you went into a job, knowing you had four games against four of the toughest opponents in the league, were unsuccessful in getting any points, but had turned the performances around, the fans around, but had been unable to achieve the almost impossible, many could still feel you were the right man for the job?

Fulham was the game to get points and we didn''t,he now has to do the unexpected.He must not fail or the prem may be a long time coming again.

If he gets no points he will, in my opinion, have managed to get as many points as Hughton would have.

Anything above that will be a bonus.

[quote user="Howson is now"]I think there''s a fine line there Jas though. I''m sure you appreciate as a football coach and manager yourself, that if you went into a job, knowing you had four games against four of the toughest opponents in the league, were unsuccessful in getting any points, but had turned the performances around, the fans around, but had been unable to achieve the almost impossible, many could still feel you were the right man for the job?[/quote]

a fair point.

hopefully all academic as i Think we can get something out of the last 3.... the key fixture is the first of next season.... im going to stick my neck out and say it will be a premiership one!!

Would you be confident we would win points against Fulham if we had them say next week, instead of in his first game and say Liverpool was his first match.

Personally I think Adams will be banging on the door to manage next season. Doubt he will get another opportunity to manage and I can''t see him leaving to manage a lower division club.

Will he get it? I don''t think so. Similar to utd, we''ve only put Adams in charge as he was the best internal solution we had. Will be big changes whatever division we end up

Comparison with Gunn is not meaningful, - he had time pre-season, or with Hughton, - he started the season with hope on all sides, with the whole pre-season to prepare the players.

In contrast Adams had a bunch of defeated players, with just a few days to prepare for the first game.

Would I like him to get the job permanently? Yes, regardless of results if the performances continue at the same high standard.

I''ve seen enough of Adams sides in the past 12 months to think that he''ll have a decent career in management. The thing that would concern me the most about giving him the job full time if we go down is his lack of experience in the transfer market as there''s likely to be a massive turnover of players in the summer.

NA was always going to be the short term roll of the dice and then go back to his old role. Worth a change at the moment it has not worked albeit there are signs things are a bit better, but not to such an extent that it makes any meaningful difference

Mr Brownstone, thats a good point about transfers. I think Malky has 3 seasons of building championship sides which all did well. I do think Adams will get it one day tho, v

but will he want to go back to the u18s after tasting this. I would be genuinely suprised if our next manager isnt either.

Neil Lennon

Malky Mackay

Neil Adams

I wouldnt be suprised if the deal for Lennons already done. Spotted at couple of our games, didnt totaly rule it out on MOTD, his assistant already announced hes leaving.