Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Will Ruddy go to the World Cup?

There''s a feature on the Sky sports website where you can select the squad you think should go to Brazil. You can also view who others have picked, plus there''s a few squads picked by pundits. Having looked at most of them John isn''t in most peoples squads. Should he go? Or has our poor form hindered his chances?

The pundits rarely mention him whihc makes me think that ray clemence has shared his views about who he prefers.

Personally I think Ruddy is performing well and certainly as well as forster or foster have all season, who appear to be their preferred options.    My choices would be Hart, Ruddy & Forster - but think Ruddy is likely to be sat here rather than in sunny brasil  

It''s unlikely I reckon. I''d take him, Hart and Forster though. Foster has been out of the fold far too long for me and isn''t that good to be welcomed back just like that. Ruddy for me although i''m clearly biased.

Forster plays sunday league, Foster cant kick and is prone to errors, when was the last big error Ruddy made. And people talk about Butland, saying we should take him for experience for future, well we dont know if hes going to be a future england no1, just people just assuming. Seen so many ''next big thing'' for England and for it all to fizzle out.

No.Hart, Forster and Foster I expect.Really the 3rd choice could be pretty much anyone though.  Hart and Forster are clearly 1 and 2 though.I don''t think Ruddy has had the best season. When a keeper is beaten by so many ''worldies'' from long range you have to start to question him at world level.It is tough because he''s been playing behind a sh1t defence and a keeper needs confidence that those in front of him will do their job, but that confidence will be gone until he has played a few in a row behind a back line that doesn''t make silly mistakes. That will not happen in time for world cup selection.

Isn''t he on the "official stickers"?

Ruddy''s only a few months older than Forster is he not? Not difficult to forget it was 5 (?) years ago he played for us...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Don''t see why he shouldn''t, he must have plenty of disposable income and no job commitments.  I''d be over there like a whippet.[/quote]yeah but is he a member of club england  ? [:D]