Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Straw Clutching To Beat Chelsea

a) Liverpool to beat them sunday, which i suspect will happen because Chelsea are supposedly resting anyone whos playing in the champs league semi leg 2. Rumour has it Ake, Kallas, Van Ginkel, Christensen set to start vs Liverpool.

b) Chelseas second leg vs Atletico to be a right grueller, extra time, and probably a win for Chelsea would be best. Maybe tired legs and the thought of not wanting any injuries for a champions league final could help us.

c) Chelsea not playing with much momentum at the minute, injuries to Cech & Terry all tho not overlly damaging to them, im sure we would rather face chelsea without Cech & Terry.

Clutching at straws much ?

If they Lose to Liverpool and beat Athletico, they might as well give us the three points...

They can have 6 next season from us, just like the deal with Man U.

We need something to clutch on to! All those outcomes are pretty feasible too.

And Ramires might get a retrospective ban for violent conduct against Sunderland

It SHOULD be a straight 3 match suspension for Ramires,  pretty open and shut case really.

Well there has never been a better time in years to be playing Manure and Chelski, the fates are giving us the chances we need. Just now need the boys to pull it off and that little bit of luck, re deflections and refs.

I''m definitely not as confident about Man U as I was week ago. Although their team is a shadow of former ones and they''ve still got issues, Giggs will have them fired up and they''ll want to do well for him. The fans will be up for it too.

Good points vs Chelsea.

Vital for us imho that Liverpool beat them this weekend.

Obviously hope Chelsea win the CL return, as they will feel the seasons big objective, winning the CL, is just around the corner.

Moaninho will not bother about 2nd or 3rd in the league. Same sh!t for him. Which is good for us.

Man C will want to be 2nd though, and catch Chelsea. Therefore they will hopefully go for it against Everton.

We need Everton to lose against Soton this weekend, and Arsenal to win, so Arsenal may have 4th wrapped up before facing us. Then we may see us playing Man Ure, Chelsea and Arsenal at a good time if all pans out as we hope.

I seriously don''t think Mourinho actually wants to rest the entire starting 11 in preparation for the CL game when they play Liverpool, I have a feeling it''s more of his mind games. He will want to beat Liverpool and keep in with a shout of winning the league.

The job is still an extremely tough one against three top teams brimming over with footballing talent. I''d be more optimistic if we had two home games and one away instead of the other way around. However, as I''ve stated before, anything is still possible and I will not believe we are relegated until it is a mathematical certainty.

The ideal result would probably be for Chelsea to draw with Liverpool instead of being beaten by them. They would then still be 5 points behind the leaders with two to play and 11 short on goal difference.A draw would mean that Liverpool only need a further point from two games to finish above Chelsea, and would also give encouragement to Man City''s title hopes. We want the latter to finish above Arsenal, and if possible finish at least 3 points above them so that Arsenal have nothing to play for when we play them.If Chelsea drew (with Liverpool) and Arsenal won, then Chelsea would be 3 points ahead of them with a 20 odd goal difference advantage. If they lost, they''d have a 2 point advantage which would make it less likely that Arsenal do not have anything to play for when we play them.

I think it''s mind games too.

Winning would leave them 2 points behind Liverpool, madness not to play a full strength team. I''ll be hoping Liverpool win, and then chelsea beat athletico. Season would be over with a final to look forward too, then it would be rested players against us

clutching at straw''s to beat man utd, chelsea and arsenal for different reason''s, but i can''t see us getting another point.

skippdogg wrote the following post at 24/04/2014 5:19 PM:

clutching at straw''s to beat man utd, chelsea and arsenal for different reason''s, but i can''t see us getting another point.

Tenna pants for skippdogg, size small but with extra large pad to rear.

Nexus old bean,

What are your reasons for the Man Utd game being in our favour or easier now Ryan Giggs is in charge?. I''m sorry mate but nothing could be further from the truth, this is NOT good news for us at all. In short - Moyes football awful at home, and crowd flat, Giggs will get an amazing response from the Old Trafford faithful and I will promise you will not play flat predictable football - Giggs and Scholes know only one way to play football like much of the side that played so much better under Sir Alex last season, and it is highly likely they will respond favourably to this, buoyed by a rejuvenated Old Trafford. As soon as I saw the timing of this I thought to myself if we didn''t have bad luck, then we wouldn''t have any luck at all!. However, I remain defiant that we can get out of this mess, just I acknowledge Saturday''s just got a bit bloody harder than it was a week a go! Onwards...

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]I''ll be hoping Liverpool win, and then chelsea beat athletico. Season would be over with a final to look forward too, then it would be rested players against us[/quote]Disagree. The home game against Arsenal is a much more likely shot at 3 points than away at Chelsea. If Chelsea drew at Anfield then they''d need Liverpool to lose both their final games to stand a chance of winning the title.Assuming they beat Athletico, I doubt they''d risk injuries against us with a Champions League final looming if they only had such a small chance of winning the league. They would also face a greater risk of finishing 4th and having to go through CL qualifying (if they failed to win the CL).