Sign in to follow this  
Aryareetboi?

A song for Saturday

To the tune of the 1970’s ‘Middle of the Road’ song - which sounds like it was written for us Canaries – ‘Chirpy, Chirpy, Cheep, Cheep’ (Ask a good old bred and born Nah-foke bor). These changed words represent a farewell lament to that bad ‘un – Moyzee – that’ll larn yer

Where’s your chosen one?

(Where’s your chosen one?)

Where’s your chosen one?

(Where’s your chosen one?)

Far, Far away

Far, Far away

Last night I dreamed in Yellow n Green

Ooh we, chirpy, chirpy, cheep, cheep

Woke up this morning and Moyzee was gone

Ooh we, chirpy, chirpy, cheep, cheep

Chirpy, chirpy, cheep, cheep, chirp

Mind hew you go

Bit of a limited shelf life, that one, but cannot fault your enthusiasm to get an original song on the go.

On a similar note, we do not seem to have the range of different songs that, say the Scousers or Mancs seem to have, and it would be great if someone with a more creative song writing brain than mine, could come up with 2 or 3 original Norwich songs.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Bit of a limited shelf life, that one, but cannot fault your enthusiasm to get an original song on the go. On a similar note, we do not seem to have the range of different songs that, say the Scousers or Mancs seem to have, and it would be great if someone with a more creative song writing brain than mine, could come up with 2 or 3 original Norwich songs.[/quote]

I think that the problem is that there is a bit of a crew in Barclay D block that have come up with a few songs that they try to get going but they mostly sound like adaptations of the Last of The Summer Wine theme tune and are just dull dirges that a) For that reason will never catch on and b) Hardly get the place "bouncing".

However, at least they try.