Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Have a bad feeling about tomorrow's game

It seems Giggs is trying to recreate the essence of what Ferguson had at Utd. Talk of getting their pressing style of play back into the players. We''ve seen how quickly Adams has been able to change the philosophy at City, I really hope Giggs hasn''t been able to do the same, or I fear we could get steam rollered

How has Adam''s changed the philosophy? We''ve lost 2 out of 2? He has a 100% losing record...

We''ll see. It will all come down to who gets the rub of the green I reckon. We''ll both end up doing our usual common tactic of aimless crosses into the middle, and with Turner in the side, I back him versus anyone in the air. If united set up with lots of diminuitive "defence unlockers" they run risk of being overrun by our players.

They are still missing that midfield destroyer that made themselves so good over the years, their Toure, their Gerrard so to speak. I do think if we get our mentality right and have a bit of luck combined with solid determination, we have a chance. If we are winning with not long left, United might just give up a bit easier than if they had something to play for.

It may be more than the essence of Ferguson - Stanton.

Whilst Giggs is nominally in charge, I would not be surprised if Ferguson is pulling quite a few of the strings.

We''ll be playing against the officials too.[:S]

It was never going to be an easy game, but they are not the team they used to be.

We have just as much chance as anyone playing there at the moment, we need to start well, that''s the most important thing.

I''m remaining hopeful.

I agree this was never an easy game or one where we have a huge chance of getting even a point, and regardless of who was at the helm Manure have still handed out a few tonkings this season.

This is similar to the Liverpool game, in that we must not concede early as regardless of how well we dig in later we are not good enough to then out score this level of team in an open game, the longer it is tight the better chance we have.......something I hope has been learnt from the Liverpool match.

I feel quite positive actually. I dont think the Moyes/Giggs thing really changes much. Man Utd have little to play for, dont think the players need to impress Giggs, they wont want ot let him down, but they dont need to crawl on their fronts over broken glass with their flies unzipped.

Us however, we have every reason to play for our lives and raise our game. OT has not been a fortress this year - the opposition even got a penalty once this season! I think we have every chance of holding our own. I think the team has some pride and some confidence back. Winning is a tall order, but I dont see defeat as inevitible, and a point could be crucial.

Not conceding early is vital - as it was against Liverpool. Get to half time not trailing and I think we could easily come out of the game with something. We HAVE to avoid game over in the first 10 minutes though. Do that and we have every chance

Spot on Massdebater.

"With open flies crawling over broken glass" yes that''s very nicely described.

I believe Giggs has now omitted that from training so we should be fine.

Our guys will be giving it everything, when the chips are down what will really be motivating the manure players? ??