Sign in to follow this  
Bob W

Big Day Tomorrow

For the first time in a long time, I will be totally incommunicado during tomorrow afternoon''s match, as my eldest daughter is getting married, and apparently my presence is not simply expected, but required.

I''ll be delivering my Father of the Bride speech at about 5:30 pm, by which time the match will have finished.

My speech starts by talking about a day of celebration, two tribes coming together, a sense of anticipation, an iconic building and lots of singing. I am of course referring to Norwich City''s stunning 2-0 victory at Old Trafford earlier this afternoon.

Come on boys, I don''t want to have to rewrite my speech during the reception!

Throw a sickie Bob. ..........and its a 5.25 pm ko!

Oh no! I was hoping the match would be over, as it simply one less thing to worry about.

Speech has been slightly modified, just need the right result.

OTBC

Reminds me of that story about the guy checking the Ashes scores on his phone while at a church during a wedding.  This was one of the series in England a few years back.

He sneaks a look at the score and sees the Aussies have lost a wicket, can''t stop himself from saying "Yessssss" in an audible whisper.

The church goes very quiet and he realises the vicar had just asked "If anyone knows any cause or just impediment...."

Anyway, if your speech is at 5.30, clearly by 6.30 you should be able to sneak away for 45 minutes to watch the second half and there''s bound to be a TV with sky sports somewhere at the venue.... you know it makes sense.

I got married on the day of the WBA home game, beforehand I was worried a bad result would ruin the day, or I''d be constantly looking at my phone. Come the day I couldn''t have cared less about the result or checking the score.

Don''t worry about the game - just enjoy the day.