Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Where's Pilkington?

I saw him after the game in the car park with Elliott Bennett. Couldn''t actually believe that I saw him, thought he had mysteriously disappeared or something

My guess is Adams has decided he is not up for the fight and therefore he has been left out. Not the same player we signed from Huddersfield now anyway. In his first season he would take players on and look to get an early shot off making him a real threat. Since then he has suffered with injuries, looks like he has lost some pace and is generally ineffective. Add in to that the fact that he thinks he is better than he is, potentially wants to leave and looks a few pounds heavier than he was originally, then I think there is good reason to leave him out.

It''s since he had that dodgy haircut. I couldn''t help but notice that when him and Johnno and some of the others were swanning around like bloomin'' hipsters with their silly beards and haircuts, they thought they''d hit the big time. The fighting attitude seems to have left some of them, that attitude that got them to this level.

Harsh to critisise when no-one knows any actual facts. He certainly looked passionate enough at the end of the game on Sunday, spoke to all the players as they left the pitch and consoled Johnson who looked in tears, looked to me still very much part of the group.

Could be completely wrong but it''s as good an argument as any on this thread.

One of the great mysteries of the season. He can be our best player and has had some fantastic games against the big boys in the past two seasons, i don''t get it. I expect a deal must be in place for him to leave already come the summer. Bet the clubs feel stupid not cashing in when Liverpool came swooping.

[quote user="priceyrice"]One of the great mysteries of the season. He can be our best player and has had some fantastic games against the big boys in the past two seasons, i don''t get it. I expect a deal must be in place for him to leave already come the summer. Bet the clubs feel stupid not cashing in when Liverpool came swooping.[/quote]

Did they actually come swooping, though? This was confirmed by irrefutable sources?