Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Whittaker's comments

“There has been a big change with the positive approach we are now playing games and his (NA) own positive approach as a person and that is rubbing off on the boys and hopefully we can get the results we need."

"I think it is a fresh start for everyone in the squad and some of the boys do get a boost from it. We need to get the results that keep the manager, the club and the players all pushing forward in the right direction.”

“Training has been at a lot higher tempo than before,” he said. “He has changed a few things and he is demanding a lot from the players. He is working us harder and he wants us to train as we would play at the weekend. I think that has shown already.”

Not much reading between the lines required there!

Regardless of reading between the lines of one player''s comments, it''s clear to see that something has changed. The performances have been better, there is some (surprising I think) confidence around the place, and there are a fair few players that have made rumblings in support of the change and appointment of NA. Snoddy, Bennett, Murphy.

Of course players who have got a chance are going to speak highly of the man that gave them that chance, why do you think Bassong hasn''t been interviewed? You can''t deny there at least appears to have been a positive change around the place. Let''s hope it pays off.

As fans, we only get snipers of info. What I would say positive about Adams is that when you watch the training videos compared to Highton''s on youtube, the tempo seems to be a lot higher

Regardless of possible player bias, personally I can see a big change in the training videos the club has been posting recently.

There''s a bit more zip, a few more smiles, even from Bassong. Our situation isn''t ideal but I think bringing Adams in has improved our chances.

There certainly seems to be, in the video sections which have been released at least, a greater intensity in training and also a greater relish among the players. This seems to bear out what Whittaker said.

As for the rest of his comments, other players are expressing confidence and almost expectation that they can survive. This too seems to back up what he was saying, and others have said the squad is enjoying the freedom and adventure in the new atmosphere in the squad.

How much of this is due to Adams, and how much to his assistants, we shall possibly never know. However much Whittaker is pleading for a continuing place, he does seem to be reflecting what others have said.

Still lost two out of two.

Comments/words/training means nothing when the players are not good enough

I am the first to be critical in respect of no points yet, BUT..dont you get the feeling we are due some just to make the last day of the season very very interesting?

I do hope that training is more intense.

While our players cannot compete at the same high level skill wise as many players in the Prem, we ought to be able to compete equally on fitness.

Its like fielding in cricket, even the likes of ireland can compete in limited overs where fielding is so crucial because its not necessarily skill but fitness, effort and motivation that succeed.

I just feel that was one area under Hughton where we shouldn''t have been but were way behind other teams. Not to many last minute pushes but plenty of fading out to nothing.

And although we didn''t get the result. the Liverpool game showed an intensity that has been missing all season.

You would have to be pretty odd not to see the improvement in attacking intent and motivation during the past two games.

The points issue whilst a shame is only a problem because CH did not get enough before the run in. The last four games were not a secret.