Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Old Trafford - Parking Pubs etc

Hi seasoned away travellers - looking for some hints and tips.

I am a regular visitor to Manchester (for work) but have not been on match day before.

Am I best to park near the ground or use the metro?    If the metro (which I imagine will be heaving post match) am I best parking out and travelling in or parking at an exhorbitant city centre rate and travelling out to the ground.

And which are the best local away fan friendly hostelries? From memory the area around the ground is hardly inspiring! 

Thanks

If you come off M60 Sign posted Trafford park Freight Liner it is with in 5 minutes walk. just before the FL depot you come in to the Village and parking in 1st 2nd and 3rd Avenues are ideal in 2dn ave is a pub called the Village inn, I should point out its an industrial and not residential village a bit further on is Shaw road which leads you on to Busby Way

[quote user="pete_norw"]If you come off M60 Sign posted Trafford park Freight Liner it is with in 5 minutes walk. just before the FL depot you come in to the Village and parking in 1st 2nd and 3rd Avenues are ideal in 2dn ave is a pub called the Village inn, I should point out its an industrial and not residential village a bit further on is Shaw road which leads you on to Busby Way[/quote]

Very sensible info - coming from someone who works within spitting distance of Old Trafford - loads of parking in the industrial estates around this area - just be careful though to check street signs as there are some restricted areas on matchdays...

Going to sam platts about 5 minutes walk to ground all man utd fans go to but just don''t wear colours. All nice people up north

Ah - I know the industrial estate you mean;   really appreciate the steer - thanks guys :-)