Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Gunn and Hughton

Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here.   It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens.  No one deserves what they had thrown at them.   I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results.    I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got.  I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.   It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse,  I can answer back or I can walk away.  I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.  

Well I do wonder if mangers actually read bulletin boards LDC, in all probability their experience is shaped by what happens at the ground. In both cases these gentlemen were given time by the Norwich crowd until the crowd reached breaking point - quicker in Brian Gunn''s case, but then the on-field result was remarkable. Chris Hughton''s tenure was suffered in silence it would seem until the dam broke v WBA.

I do applaud your stated motive however ...

I''m sure they would tell you how much they appreciate your defense of them if only they could answer back. There is nothing like a simp with a keyboard to have your back.

Your ability to answer back by ignoring the question or changing the subject has been noted on here many times.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here.   It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens.  No one deserves what they had thrown at them.   I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results.    I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got.  I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.   It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse,  I can answer back or I can walk away.  I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.  

[/quote]

I wish you would. [;)]

There is nothing stopping either of them opening an account and defending themselves, in fact they both have a lot of time on there hands now it would be the ideal opportunity for them to build up there post count [:D]

Quote LDC " ....these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results. "

And thats the part why they both failed! It wasnt down to comments or abuse on here.

Gunn was patently not up to the job and folk are entitled to treat him as a proper manager and expect him to perform on that basis, not as a guy wrongly promoted from looking after corporate hospitality. He will always be a legend however because of his playing career and charity work.

Hughton is a different case. I don''t recall much slagging off after his appointment and I''m pretty sure that everyone was hoping he could build on Lambert''s achievements. But the problem was that there was no sprint start- issues became apparent right from Day One and just when we thought all was heading in the right direction and we were ready to back him he loses 0-5 at Fulham in his first match. Alarm bells rang. Early performances were poor, though he pulled back some ground in that 10 game run but then lost it again in Spring 2013 with a slide towards the relegation places. But most stuck with him and I actually think he got very little abuse other than a small minority on this board until quite recently. And I don''t class "abuse" as arguing for a change of manager or debating his tactics etc, that''s all fair game.

As djc says, if Hughton had performed at all credibly he wouldn''t have received any of the abuse that eventually came, and frankly in this modern age with anonymous user accounts it is a fact of life when you hold a job in the public eye. It doesn''t make it right, but in medieval times the fate would have been a lot worse than a few morons posting silly comments.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here.   It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens.  No one deserves what they had thrown at them.   I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results.    I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got.  I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.   It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse,  I can answer back or I can walk away.  I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.  

[/quote]Gunny and Hootun had awful managerial records at NCFC yet you want us to defend them because they''re "nice guys".You are a tool.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Gunny and Hootun had awful managerial records at NCFC yet you want us to defend them because they''re "nice guys".You are a tool. [/quote]

No.  I didn''t say that. I said cut the abuse.   You plainly can''t read, can''t think and from your last remark are obviously one of the people I am referring to.

I always felt that Gunn was unluckily dismissed, bearing in mind that he was the one who brought Holt to Norwich, and also bearing in mind that he did not have much time before his dismissal..

Hughton I have less sympathy for, as he had nearly two full seasons to make his mark. In the event despite this, and having a lot of money made available, he could make little improvement.

There is no excuse for any abuse to be shown to any manager, and especially to those who have tried their best, as I believe both did. While I saw, and made, criticism of Hughton, in some case strong criticism, I have not noticed much in the way of abuse. It may be that before the end of the season the present "honeymoon" enjoyed by Neil Adams will become shaky, if he makes serious errors, but I hope that while some criticism may be made, even questioning his fitness to be manager, I am sure that abuse will not be present. We are all sure that he is committed to NC, and will make every effort, but while legitimate criticism is permissible, abuse is not.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here.   It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens.  No one deserves what they had thrown at them.   I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results.    I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got.  I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.   It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse,  I can answer back or I can walk away.  I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.[/quote]"Gunn".....mentioned twice."Hughton".....one mention."I".....mentioned nine times.Clear to see what this thread is REALLY about. [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here.   It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens.  No one deserves what they had thrown at them.   I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results.    I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got.  I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got.   It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse,  I can answer back or I can walk away.  I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.[/quote]"Gunn".....mentioned twice."Hughton".....one mention."I".....mentioned nine times.Clear to see what this thread is REALLY about. [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[/quote]

Me, me, me, me, me. But that''s enough about me. Let''s talk about you. What do you think about me?

Why is it that Lappinitup never answers the topic of the thread?  Could it be he is just a troll who likes to wind people up?  No, surely not...... 

Well, what about it Lappinitup?  Is there too much abuse of managers, players and posters on here?  I know you won''t bother to answer unless it is to try and wind me up  again.   But perhaps it is you who ought to question the way you post on here because  the majority of your posts are non-football related and designed purely to stir it or wind people up.   That says more about you than it does about me. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Why is it that Lappinitup never answers the topic of the thread?  Could it be he is just a troll who likes to wind people up?  No, surely not...... 

Well, what about it Lappinitup?  Is there too much abuse of managers, players and posters on here?  I know you won''t bother to answer unless it is to try and wind me up  again.   But perhaps it is you who ought to question the way you post on here because  the majority of your posts are non-football related and designed purely to stir it or wind people up.   That says more about you than it does about me. 

[/quote]TBH I hardly ever agree with LDC but I do today! Well said.

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="lake district canary"]Why is it that Lappinitup never answers the topic of the thread?  Could it be he is just a troll who likes to wind people up?  No, surely not...... 

[/quote]TBH I hardly ever agree with LDC but I do today! Well said.[/quote]That''s made his week. [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Why is it that Lappinitup never answers the topic of the thread?  Could it be he is just a troll who likes to wind people up?  No, surely not......  [/quote]But I did keep on topic as anyone can clearly see......."I take the abuse on here""I can answer back""I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got""I am still on this board doing the same thing""I don''t have to put up with the abuse""I can answer back""I can walk away""I hope future managers get a better deal""I doubt it"Show me a thread where I abused Gunn or Hughton while they were in charge and I''ll show you plenty where I supported them.Damn, I''m doing it now. [:$]

[quote user="lake district canary"] blah blah blah  

[/quote]tl;drhughton was cr@pget over it, you were wrong

[quote user="im spartacus"]if you started on this board to defend gunn why did you wait for 2 successive promotions under lambert to set up your account ?[/quote]I had an account on a different email address which I stopped using, started in 2009.

[quote user="Jenkins"]He loves the flagellation.[/quote]

I think you are on the wrong forum, starting a thread about self abuse, now going on about flagellation......its supposed to be a football forum [:^)]

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-25 4:51 AM:

Two pleasant and respected people in the football world both who dared to dream by taking on the managership of NCFC. Both ultimately failed, but both have been on the sharp end of some hatred, vitriol and abuse on here. It makes this board an incredibly unpleasant place to be when that happens. No one deserves what they had thrown at them. I take the abuse on here because I can answer back, but these people who try and take our club forward can''t answer back, except on the pitch by getting results. I started on this board because of the abuse Gunn got. I am still on this board doing the same thing because of the abuse Hughton got. It seems things don''t change much on a football message board - thankfully I don''t have to put up with the abuse, I can answer back or I can walk away. I hope future managers get a better deal from our more unpleasant fans, but somehow I doubt it.

YAWN - here we go again. Do you really understand the concept of football and managing a football club. There are 96 football league clubs. ALL those clubs, whatever league, have a band of fanatical supporters, who along with their relevant owners and board, expect THEIR club to win matches, competitions, promotion. When that doesn''t happen, and results ARE NOT WHAT WERE EXPECTED, something gives. The manager of ANY business, industry, banking, retail etc etc, if they do not deliver, they are culpable. They get sacked. They carry the can, full stop. GUNN failed to deliver, Hughton failed to deliver, Roeder failed to deliver, as did Rioch, Hamilton, Walker, Worhington and a few more. Moyse failed to deliver, as have hundreds of other managers over the years at many many clubs. When that happens, supporters get restless, owners get restless, supporters get restless, and vitriolic. They pay their money, so why shouldn''t they. The way you carry on with your pathetic ramblings that Gunn, Hughton and whoever were hard done by is pathetic. Grow some, and FFS stop whinging. The sat s just that, look forward. Did you see any planes flying over Cartow road towing banners? No, nor did I.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 25/04/2014 3:34 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

He loves the flagellation.

I think you are on the wrong forum, starting a thread about self abuse, now going on about flagellation......its supposed to be a football forum

"This is supposed to be a football forum"

Now that''s a good one coming from you!

The thing that really pisses me off about you is that there is so much positive stuff going on on this board at the moment which you seem totally unable to handle.

So you have to start your negative critical mud singing cr@p threads over and over again, why do you have to do this?

You hurl abuse at Norwich fans and invite them to respond, it is trolling at its worst, you are the worst of low life trying to create division at a time when every single one of us should be behind the team and it''s manager.

OTBC