Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Adams has to get a result today

Cold fact, aside from all the circus, is our losing streak and Neil Adams losing streak which would be three games.

Fulham was a performance improvement, Liverpool an improvement again plus goals. Now has to come the result.

As I said before, I would take five creditable performances whatever the outcomes over give lacklustre surrenders so if Adams gets that he will my appreciation. But that assumes relegation. What this thread is about is what we have to do to avoid relegation, and today, despite the Giggs love in we have to get a result.

So, the attitude must be: we go into this game for ourselves. We are not participants in some show game for the class of 92 who cannot play the game for their team, they can only instruct a bunch of players who so far this season have sulked themselves into mediocrity.

We know the Utd defence is old, slow and in need of replacement. We have to release fast and bright young things at them who will play with the fearlessness of youth.

I think our best chance is a ManU team so intent on going out to play champagne football they forget to defend and so, learning the lessons from last week we go out to attack and score goals. We need to strike the balance better than them.

We have to start well and we have to make them think and fear pushing up too high because we can take their defence for pace.

This might well be the day RVW gets his goal because he will get chances and positionally he CAN outmanoeuvre that defence.

Finally, we do bring some momentum into a game. Let''s enjoy this one, slip under the media radar and remind Man Utd early on that we are working to our own script.

Let''s hope we get a fair and dispassionate referee too.

Good post. Its all going to well up there at united. Pretty much everyone is expecting a easy 3-4 nil win, myself, just cant see it playing out like that. Otbc

It is a big day today. We need at least a point, IMHO.Anything less and i think we are pretty much gone as it would take two massive results in our next two games to be safe.

It will be one hell of a result if the team comes away with anything today.  We can''t have a repeat of the naive first half we saw against Liverpool to stand any chance.Utd scored four goals against both Newcastle and Villa prior to their defeat to Everton. So their recent form isn''t that bad.  Anything gained today would be outstanding.

agree. I would take a point, anything less and we''re down I fear. especially with the game with cardiff v sunderland today.

Now or never

I go with the draw too, would be a good result, but also really do believe that this is a game where coming away with a win actually wouldnt take a miracle........................sure we could get a tonking with the quality they have going forward, but play it tight, get a bit of luck (something we really have had VERY LITTLE of this season), good all round effort and who know''s what may happen.       So much want to rain on Giggsy''s parade today it hurts.............really do not like the guy and wouldnt trust him with my daughter if he was biking distance away.........