Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Team to face Man Utd...

Anyone fancy suggesting their selected 11 for Saturday? Mine would be as followed....

Ruddy

Martin Turner Whittaker

Bennett Olsson

Johnson Howson

Snodgrass

Hooper Wolfswinkle

Subs:

Bunn

Garrido

Hoolahan

Fer

Murphey

Redmond

Bechico

This should be played in a 5-3-2 formation with Bennett and Olsson playing as attacking wing backs. Johnson and Howson playing as holding midfielders with Snodgrass playing just behind the front two.

I think only change will be E.Bennett for Murphy. I have no idea what formation 4231, 451, diamond.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Howson Johnson Fer

Snodgrass Hooper Redmond

Bunn Bennett Garrido Tettey Gutierrez Bennett RVW

---------------------Ruddy------------------

Martin---Bassong----Turner---Olsson

--------------------Tettey--------------------

Snodgrass--Fer---Howson--Redderz

--------------------Hooper------------------

If we go for this, i''m predicting a 1 - 2 win for us

RuddyWhittaker Martin Turner Ollson               Tettey FerE.Bennett   Snodgrass   Redmond                   RVW

Could almost be a 442 if needed, or as is a 4231.

Lets not forget the vital 12th man, LDC.
We must be all but assured a victory, based on him attending the match.

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]No Howson ???????[/quote]

Would prefer Bennett on the wing so it would mean dropping Snodgrass if Howson was to be included in my line up.  I would prefer Howson in there, but Snoddy has been putting the ball away recently, so he gets the nod in there.

4-2-3-1:
                       Ruddy

Tettey  Fer
 Snodgrass    Howson  Redmond

Hooper

I like the look of that Phillip, would just change RVW for Hooper. Hooper''s touch looked very heavy on Sunday, good game for Ricky to bag a couple.

Ruddy

Martin (c) Bassong Turner Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Fer Howson Redmond

RvW

Subs

Bunn Whittaker RBennett Johnson EBennett Murphy Hooper

hope rvw don''t start, if the ball falls to anyone in the box you want hooper in there.

Tough call at the back. Bassong is a better centre-back than Martin but if Martin is the leader people say he is then surely we need him there. And Whittaker''s performance at right-back against Liverpool was the best anyone has played that position for quite a while. He was no worse defensively than Martin but quite clearly gave us more going forward (something we haven''t had enough of).

And midfield is a bit tricky too. The Liverpool game was the best and worst of Johnson. Ran his heart out for the team but he was very easily beaten by Sterling for the opener and then he gave away the ball cheaply for the winning goal. At this level we all know you get punished if you give the ball away and we all know Johnson is not the best at keeping the ball. But again, on the other hand, in the situation we''re in we need players who will die for the cause and he is one of them.

As for upfront....Hooper was really, really bad for most of the time he was on the pitch against Liverpool but he scored. His touch was poor and he didn''t work particularly hard either. But then in his defence he hasn''t had a decent run of games lately. Although he still needs to toughen  up a lot I think maybe RVW is more likely to keep the ball with a yellow shirt than Hooper.

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Howson Tettey Fer Redmond

RVW

GJP,

If I was to agree that Whitts played the best anyone has played at RB for quite a while, I wondered why that would be, and then in a flash it came to me. It would probably have been the fact he had the support of another RB beside him, one who could allow him the opportunity to get forward knowing his back was covered, plus of course he was playing alongside the captain, a captain who through both verbal and physical communication provided leadership and guidance.

Amazing what a damn good CB (formerly RB) can achieve given the opportunity, isn''t it?

...................Ruddy

.....................Tettey

..................Fer Howson

.....Snodgrass.......... Redmond

.......................RvW

I wouldn''t change the defence. Turner got skinned by Suarez for a goal but is consistant and Whittaker put quality balls into the box.

For me Johnson try''s a little too much with the ball. Does the hard part by winning the ball, then try''s a pass he only makes 50% of the time. Tettey wins it, and makes a short pass, just what we need with a creative midfield.

Forward play I''d go with RvW over hooper. I personally think that RvW works much harder than hooper, and he actually statistically covers more ground! I''d love to start with Elliot Bennett and he seems desperate for a game but I think it''s too soon for a start. Redmond was slightly wasteful against Liverpool but is a real live wire, can''t be dropped really.

My feeling is that the team will be the same as last week, with one or two changes on the bench, possibly Loza.

[quote user="Ray"]My feeling is that the team will be the same as last week, with one or two changes on the bench, possibly Loza.[/quote]

I suspect you will be right - as a manager its always hard to change a losing team [;)]

although I hope he changes the formation away from the diamond. back to a fluid attacking 4231 - 4141- 433.

IMO Johnson should be one of the first names written on this team sheet.

Ruddy

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass Fer Redmond

Hooper

Agree with that line up Tettey to start ahead of Johnson, same defence as last week and RVW up front. Perhaps have Hoolahan on the bench to change things around and unlock their defence, also Elliot Bennett to come on for the last 20 minutes.

ruddy            martin bennett  bassong  garrido                         johnson fer        redmond      snodgrass            olsson                                                         hooper

also, ricky van couldnt hit as barn door wolfswinky shouldnt be allowed to play for the club againhes worse than marc libra

Most of the teams suggested on here would have Redmond on the left wing. The truth is that both he and Benno have been tried there, but without much success. They are both natural right wingers.

The effective left wing crosses have nearly all come from Olsson. Both Benno and Redders cut inside and make less effective "crosses" with their right feet, or else have a pop at goal. The only effective left footed player we have is Josh, as Pilks seems to have disappeared.

If Adams wants pace on the wings, then it would have to be Redders/Benno on the right, and Josh on the left, and, although he may not like it, we would have to play our top scorer, Snoddy behind the striker.

But it is likely that Adams has more imagination than us, and certainly more knowledge of what the various players are capable of.

Otherwise I would prefer Tettey to Johnson, and I would strive to include both Howson and Fer