Sign in to follow this  
jb

At the airport...

Waiting for a flight to Amsterdam and lots of tracksuitedmen have just shown up... Had a brief chat with Neil Adams who seems positive (as you''d expect!)... Only other news to report is that Elliot Bennett is travelling with the squad. I''ll update further if I see quagliarella:) OTBC!

All the usual suspects travelling (including elmander & Gutierrez)... Didn''t spot hooper but sure I just missed him. No becchio or pilkington as far as i could see. Also noticed a young black player that I didn''t recognise.

Certainly brightened up an otherwise boring wait!

A bit of google image searching later... The young black guy looked very much like Loza... But I thought he was on loan at Southend? Was hanging out with josh murphy, so would make sense. Does anyone know if he''s been recalled from his loan?

I believe Loza joined Southend on 28 day emergency loan deal. I think his loan would have finished now. On the Norwich City youtube channel, he was training with the first team in the latest training video. Could be a surprise package that Man U dont know anything about. Could be very handy

Thanks LC, it''s definitely him. Wonder if he''ll make the bench? Squad are all in the departures bit now... Hooper definitely not amongst them. Could be travelling separately I suppose, but if not Loza''s inclusion would make even more sense. Crikey.

He''s having the worlds biggest poo if he is, nicko...

(Now watch this thread degenerate into a discussion of our strikers'' toilet habits... )

Hopefully Hooper will join up with the rest of the squad. If he doesnt though, would Adams put Loza on the bench or go for a more experienced striker like Elmander or Becchio ? Id like to see Loza get a chance. Im sure he would be buzzing for it if he was named on bench

I imagine that''s the case, LC... Just realised there''s no r.bennett, bassong or yobo here either, so maybe it''s not compulsory to travel with the rest of the squad... I''m not really sure how it works, just sharing what I''m seeing :) if Loza does get a chance, I''m sure he won''t let us down.

Can''t be certain about every one but think you will find Loza has travelled and Becchio, Hoolahan and Bassong have not.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]"Was hanging out with josh murphy, so would make sense"

Could you expand on this a little?[/quote]

Both Under 21''s ? Both a little bit in awe of travelling to Man Utd with the senior players ? But what are you driving at ?

Didn''t see wes... Re Loza, just meant that he would know murphy better than the other squad members as they''d played together in the u21s

Don''t worry JB, Private Frazer was clearly trying to imply a little casual racism on your behalf. Makes perfect sense that two youngsters who have probably trained together for years, won a youth FA Cup together, and are enjoying being involved with the first team together, would quite possibly hang out together.

Everyone knows it must be racism if two players who have played together since their teens were hanging out in the first team squad, who they probably don''t know that well.

Calm down political correctness police.

Howson is now!

Just one minor point, Loza didn''t play in the FA Youth Cup Final, he was too old, but apart from that spot on.

Seems that some haven''t splutcho. It will be extremely tough: we need to be well organised, play to a plan and have our wits about us from the off, not from 15 minutes in - but I''m sure NA will have learned from last week.

Man U might not be as good as in previous years but still got to the CL quarter finals, and are in a not dissimilar situation to ourselves in managerial terms, which is quite likely to give them a boost. Let''s hope it doesn''t, though!

jb wrote the following post at 25/04/2014 1:03 PM:

Waiting for a flight to Amsterdam and lots of tracksuitedmen have just shown up... Had a brief chat with Neil Adams who seems positive (as you''d expect!)... Only other news to report is that Elliot Bennett is travelling with the squad. I''ll update further if I see quagliarella:) OTBC!

Benno is not just travelling with the squad, he is in the squad jb. Apologies if that''s what you meant but it wasn''t clear.

Great news anyway.

[quote user="splutcho"]That''d be a grand way to lose the game. Did we learn nothing from last week?[/quote]

What did you learn from last week?

In the second half I noted that when we attacked we nearly matched the current Premiership leaders. More of that please...

More to the point what are you up to in Amsterdam jb[:^)]

I like to keep an eye on our PUPs so I hope you''re going for something innocent like tulips or wooden shoes[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

More to the point what are you up to in Amsterdam jb[:^)]

I like to keep an eye on our PUPs so I hope you''re going for something innocent like tulips or wooden shoes[;)]

[/quote]True story.When I flew home last week, via Amsterdam, I bought my girlfriend a kilo of Edam.She''s lucky to have me.Damn lucky.