Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Team News

Line up : Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Turner, Olsson; Johnson; Fer, Howson; Snodgrass; Redmond, van Wolfswinkel.

Subs :: Bunn (GK), Hooper, Gutierrez, Elmander, R Bennett, Tettey, Josh Murphy.

We won''t know the formation until the players line-up on the pitch. It could be a diamond, but I think (or hope) that we''ve gone for the 4-2-3-1 that worked so well against Liverpool.

First time I''ve been really worried under Adams. 
Not sure why he is putting the same team out again (albeit RvW instead of Hooper).
I could understand if the formation was different, but if we are seriously putting Redmond up front again and playing the diamond, I''m going to find it difficult to put a positive spin on that.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]We won''t know the formation until the players line-up on the pitch. It could be a diamond, but I think (or hope) that we''ve gone for the 4-2-3-1 that worked so well against Liverpool.
[/quote]
Look at the semi-colons in the club tweet - they denote the formation usually.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]If he plays the diamond, I''m switching off[/quote]
It would be a little ridiculous but having looked at Utds formation, a diamond actually might be somewhat worthwhile against a 4-4-2.

sooooo, one of our strikers finally scores, and still he gets dropped to the bench for the next game and replaced by the dutch wonder

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]We won''t know the formation until the players line-up on the pitch. It could be a diamond, but I think (or hope) that we''ve gone for the 4-2-3-1 that worked so well against Liverpool.
[/quote]
Look at the semi-colons in the club tweet - they denote the formation usually.
[/quote]
I''m still going to hope for a 4-2-3-1 until the players positioning on the pitch indicated otherwise.  [:)]

ASide of him firing blanks I understand why RVW is in, he is that bit quicker than Hooper and more suitable against Manure''s defence. Interesting Hull have just equalised....

[quote user="mrs miggins"]If he plays the diamond, I''m switching off[/quote]

perhaps a bit harsh, by why play the diamond (although no confirmation on that) and RVW when Hooper played well when he started...well he actually scored, scored. He''s a striker and he scored-surely we have to play him again. Also no Tettey in for BJ? And Whittaker still starts...wtf. At least Hull have just scored again.

Anyway, hope it works. Come on you canaries

[quote user="mrs miggins"]perhaps a bit harsh, by why play the diamond (although no confirmation on that)[/quote]
I don''t know. He can''t have predicted Man Utd. would go 4-4-2 could he? Even if he has started diamond, I hope that if it doesn''t work he will get his team into a 4-2-3-1 ASAP.
[quote user="mrs miggins"]and RVW when Hooper played well when he started...well he actually scored, scored. He''s a striker and he scored-surely we have to play him again.[/quote]
Debatable. Hooper was pretty poor against Liverpool IMO. Looked a little slow, touch was very heavy and link up play was initially very poor. RVW will certainly be better at pressing the Utd. centre backs and seeing as it''s Vidic and Ferdinand, I think adopting a pressing game against them is a good idea. 
[quote user="mrs miggins"] Also no Tettey in for BJ? And Whittaker still starts...wtf. canaries[/quote]
The only reason I can think for Johnson over Tettey is that Johnson is left footed and may bring better balance to the side, he isn''t a better footballer. Whittaker deserves the start, he looked very good offensively againstn Liverpool and defnsively he wasn''t that much worse than Martin has been for previous games.

RvW and Hooper have been poor all season, and Hooper could hardly have failed to score that one against Liverpool, so if it''s Adam''s judgement that RvW is the better option to start, that''s fine with me.

I dunno. Give that chance to ricky, who knows. Its like Torres when he went round the goalkeeper and missed the open goal....you never know.