Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

New stand - why so far from the pitch?

I''ve seen on the sheff utd site the fans saying how cr*p our stand looks and i have to say i can understand why. Maybe it needs a few more finishing touches but it looks kind of separated from the rest of the ground. It''s also far too far back from the pitch and without the corners in it leaves two gaping holes at each end. The sooner they are filled in the better. Will be intrigued to hear what the atmos is like Saturday

Has anyone else noticed that the middle Canary emblem is incomplete. Did they run out of green seats or what? Looks like yellow ones have been put in. Perhaps it is supposed to look like that?
Any clues......

if a upper tier on top goes ahead. it needs to be set back from pitch so those above can have a good all over veiw of the pitch.

i dont think it has to do so much with the possible addition of a second tier. I was told it was set back a bit further to allow extra room for the corner infill i.e so the corner stand can be bigger than the small ones either end of the city stand. in any case, i am also informed that the pitch will be widened at some point to bring it closer to the south stand. wether this is a good or bad thing in terms of the way we play im not sure.

They will think our stand looks even worse after a 2-0 city win on Saturday. Bloody cheek! Bet they didn''t like Pride Park either last night......

Agree with you At Last. Blades ought to think themselves lucky they have 800 odd tIckets more than any other away support this season plus their bums will be on seats that have never been sat on, not temporary uncovered seating!
Distance from pitch is no real issue look at West Hams Dr Martins stand if you want distance those guys must need binoculars.
The new stand is impressive in my opinion and yes it will look complete when corner infills are done.

A mate of mine who works in the Nelson Hotel said that a bloke checked in recently who was going to Carrow Road to look at putting in a dragster racing strip in front of the new stand as an extra income earner, and to drown out the noise in the evening from Norwegian Blue. Apparently the first time trial is going to be Carl Cort who will be seeking to get down the other end before Delia completes reading out her recipe for Cranberry sauce.

The definitive answer....

People have been half right regarding second tiers, however you should all be talking about the Main Stand and not the South Stand. Should the club build a second tier on the Main Stand, to ensure sitelines are OK and everyone can see, the pitch will have to be shifted.

Therefore, they''re allowing for it now.

Lol, where do you guys get your information from.......a second tier on the main Stand?....... Moving the pitch?...... Making the pitch wider?
You all have access to Board meetings or something?