Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Huckerby sent off - It was going to happen sooner or later

I said this about him in my Leeds ratings: -

"Hucks - 6 - In the first few minutes he did his usual "Knock it past a player, then fall over and have a little moan when the ref gives the inevitable free kick the other way" trick..at which point the fans always seem to moan at the ref and feel that hucks was hard done by (Take the rose tints off everyone!) "

Seeing as though he is often booked for complaining, its hardly surprising that he has got himself sent off eventually.

What makes it worse is that Neil and Chris on Radio Naaarfolk seem to think it wasnt ever a foul and that the Stoke player won the ball cleanly. If thats the case then hucks really needs a boot up the..

Give me strength.

Hucks is playing the game. Like it or not, ''simulation'' is a part of football these days. Sometimes it works, sometimes you end up getting sent off.

One red card in two years isn''t bad for a player of Hucks'' temperment

" Radio Naaarfolk "

Never heard a true City fan refer to our county in such a way.

Coupled with your repeated negative views on our club/team someone a little more cynically minded might wonder where your true allegiances lie Trent ''Canary''.

[quote]Give me strength. Hucks is playing the game. Like it or not, ''simulation'' is a part of football these days. Sometimes it works, sometimes you end up getting sent off. One red card in two years isn''t...[/quote]

Beds - I dont mind him losing the ball, but why moan to the ref every time? Does he think it actually helps and will persuade the ref to give him more decisions? Im all for him attacking defenders, and trying to win the odd free kick, but dont go moaning to the ref when it doesnt come off.

And as Ive said Im very angry that (Albeit according to the Radio Norfolk commentators) it wasnt even a foul. Will have to check tomorrow.

By the way im going to Bedford soon, any good?

[quote]" Radio Naaarfolk " Never heard a true City fan refer to our county in such a way. Coupled with your repeated negative views on our club/team someone a little more cynically minded might wonder wher...[/quote]

"Coupled with your repeated negative views on our club/team someone a little more cynically minded might wonder where your true allegiances lie Trent ''Canary''."

Yes, Hence why I have stuck up for Worthy and the team in general several times this season already

Also me calling it Radio Naaarfolk, its just a little sarcasm. Although if I told you I was an Ipswich fan in disguise would it make you feel better? How about I told you I sold my season tickets to the buy back scheme on saturday as I thought I was going to miss the game, then I found out I could go, but the ticket office wouldnt let me have my tickets back for some rubbish reason, so I spent seventeen quid just to get another ticket in the ground. But anyway, canary call time, Should be fun!

Although I will say he was unlucky. By the letter of the law he deserved to be sent off, but theres probably hundreds of times in a season when a player swear at the ref and gets away with it. (Rooney, Etherington, Savage come to mind)

While I cannot condone a player swearing at the ref (that''s normally a job for the supporters) at least it shows that he is playing with some passion and commitment. This is an area that I believe much of the rest of the team are lacking in and is one of the main reasons we are struggling this season.

[quote]While I cannot condone a player swearing at the ref (that''s normally a job for the supporters) at least it shows that he is playing with some passion and commitment. This is an area that I believe muc...[/quote]

agree, if huckerby had not have been sent of

a) we would have standed a good chance of winning the game

and b) He would easily have been man of the match!

but on ther other hand:

it is his fault, no-one made him swear at the ref but these new rules are stupid, a straight red for something as little as that? If thats so, how come wayne rooney gets away with it?

I cant believe safri againsts leeds grabs a player by the throat and nothing is done about it, yet one stupid word is a straight red?

AJ - According to a canary caller the "Red card for swearing at a ref" law has been around since 1945 or sometime around then. As far as im aware its been around for decades, just rarely enforced.

Do you not think that these results are getting to the players too...???? Anybody see Ashton punching the ball at the riverend at Leeds? The anger at throw in''s not being taken....? The players are getting frustrated. Huckerby has a drive and he has a temper. I''m not condoning what he''s done here at all, but I''m glad that players too know their''s something very wrong. We are not playing well, why? Are we going to go the whole season thinking "this game it will change" or are we going to have to change something dramaticly.

He cares, simple as that. He has always professed his love for the club since he came here and now he sees everything going downhill. Probably wasn''t just a reaction to a tackle last night but a reaction to what has happened since the start (and before) of the season.

Mark .Y.

Come on,,, let us have a little compassion here.  Ok, it was stupid to argue and the sending off has damaged us greatly but how frustrating must it be to care about the club as much as Darren does, be consistently one of our best players and to keep trying whilst things disintegrate around you????

So frustration got the better of him.  As the most fouled player in the Prem last season, we know he can take the knocks.  How would you feel trying your best with some of the others playing as they are?  It is hard enough as a supporter.   The pressure on Darren to do something from everyone including himself must be immense.

Even Pele snapped and got into fights sometimes.

I think that this ban could be a good thing for the team. The way I see it, we currently have 2 areas of weakness: not scoring and conceeding too many. For that the forwards and defenders are to blame. However....who is the link between the 2? The midfield obviously, and as the middle pair in the last couple of games have been the better players in the Norwich side, you have to look at the people on the outside: wingers. It has been said on so many occasions that our weakness is the side where Huckerby is playing because he never gets back.
Well now is the opportunity to prove this. If we start to play better with stronger wingers/midfielders who can get back, it will show why Huckerby should not play on the wing.

We all say that having Crouch in your team causes the manager to organise everything around him, well Huckerby is the same because he cannot play 100% to the requirements of the position.

[quote]was bound to happen, but at least it shows he cares[/quote]

i doesnt show he cares it shows he wasnt think of the team.why are we defending hucks all the time.

watch the next game he plays gets the ball runs straight at the defender loses the ball instead of passing falls over moans and then just stands there .also doesnt get back and defend doesnt header the ball ,i feel its time to sit his bum on the bench.

[quote]where you there? Everyone would have reacted the same and most of the fans did. It was so frustrating for everyone. Is he out for 3 games now?[/quote]

Ok, if you were told that A norwich player had been sent off for abusing the referee would any other name have sprung to mind? Mckenzie at a stretch, but I wouldnt think of anyone else.

I agree that it shows he cares, and Im glad he does, but it was just a tad unprofesional. He should channel his passion into running back to defend, or shaking his fist at the Barclay like D neilsen used to do! (It was cheesy, but quite funny!)

Basically I just think he needs a word in his ear. Carry on with your game hucks, but a referee doesnt change his mind, so dont argue with them. Also theres the fact that if frustration gets the better of him, and he gets angry (Which happens to everyone), just dont call the ref a *Insert appropriate word here!*

Also ive just seen a replay of the incident on sky sports news. Im sorry Hucks, but it was a perfect tackle, the Stoke player won the ball fair and square.

Sadly it was all too predictable given the changes in interpreting the rules - hux was always the most likely to suffer (as I predicted in a post on 6th Aug)- although I thought it would be the palace game that he would be sent off in first...

Worthy generally has the team well marshalled against anything like this and it isone of worthys strengths that he never hides behind refs as the reason wehave lost; it was the same last night the players and coaching staff only have themselves to blame and Hux reaction has let them and us fans down enormously - we will miss him during his suspension.

I am in favour of dismissals - they regularly happen in sunday football while pro get away with verbal murder - but would like to see the rules applied more consistently - Hulseon sat gave the ref a mouthful when already booked so should have been sent off (again). 

OTBC

[quote]"Coupled with your repeated negative views on our club/team someone a little more cynically minded might wonder where your true allegiances lie Trent ''Canary''." Yes, Hence why I have stuck up for W...[/quote]

I call it Radio Naaaarfolk too, and I''ve always been positive abou the team (as is Trent usually, I might add in his defence). But he lives in Nottingham and I come from Telford so we''ve got outside views on how ridiculous the Norfolk accent is....... (joking, joking, please don''t hurt me!!!)

I agree though that whilst he deserved to be sent off, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth when Rooney and Keane and the entire Arsenal squad get away with it week in, week out...

Football is a passionate game.....

[quote]I call it Radio Naaaarfolk too, and I''ve always been positive abou the team (as is Trent usually, I might add in his defence). But he lives in Nottingham and I come from Telford so we''ve got outside v...[/quote]

Cheers monkey. I found it quite strange that with the majority saying we should fire worthy, many giving the team a good slagging, and even some saying we CANT go up this season that I of all people had my allegiances questioned! (OK Ive had a go at Huckerby, but I could see him getting in trouble sooner or later. And I was possibly one of the most positive people on the board last night!-Whether or not Im right to be positive right now I am not too sure about)

Although I live in Nottingham during term, Ive lived in Norfolk all my life (without the accent thank god!) I just call it that to be sarcastic, especially when Im chatting to fans of other clubs.