Sign in to follow this  

played 3, lost 3.

And we''d be completely cut adrift had we not beaten Stoke and West Brom away, and taken 4 points off Man City and Spurs. This really is a pointless game to play, JF.

It''s not a pointless game at all. Had we lost to Man city and spurs and taken 4 points from Villa and Fulham at home we would now have been on 32 points but Villa would also have been on 32 and Fulham 29. It''s no good getting points against the odd top team and handing your direct rivals points on a plate. A win against a rival is worth far more than beating a spurs.

So which manager do you think would have done better? Id genuinely like to know.

Losing away to Fulham, home to Liverpool and away to Man Utd is par for the course. If we had Pep Guardiola in charge we''d still be expected to lose those games. Its no reflection of how well or badly he is doing the job, merely a reflection of how tough our final run-in is. We knew we''d probably lose the last 5 games in August, thats why we''d always maintained we needed to be safe by April. We werent and so now we''re royally screwed. You cant pin any of this on Adams

Good thread, for me though. regardless of whether you were an "inner" or an "outer" or, whether CH should not have been sacked or Neil Adams was given to little time.....the bottom line is...

Neil Adams took the job on I am sure believing he could get enough points to keep us up, and also having convinced the board he could do just that, explaining how he would do it. So, based on that, there is no reason at all why he shouldnt take the blame for three defeats on the spin and today''s dismal second half display against a not particularly rampant Manure. You take it on, get paid to do it......and like in the real world, if it goes bottoms up, then you take the blame accordingly....likewise if it goes well you take th plaudits.

Now, two games to go, and unbelievably we are still in it by the skin of our teeth..............so, Neil Adams is still in it, and may just do it, unlikely but not impossible......... BUT...he really must start to play the best players we have in the starting eleven and dare I say...start to show real passion on that touchline too, and pre and post match........its all a bit passive from what I can see.........      

We played Fulham off the park but didnt get the breaks. We played with far more fight than we''d seen for a long time against Liverpool and for the first time in ages stopped Suarez going to town. Today was very disappointing, not nearly the same level of energy and fight. It was there for a while, but the heads definitely went down. We also looked sluggish and tired (over-worked in training? considering the recent talk about the high tempo)

Disappointed the performance wasnt better, too much of a stroll for Utd and I really thought we could pull out a plucky draw - might have been different had we made it to half-time.

Losing at OT 4-0 was the level Adams came in at, so for the first time in his tenure - it wasnt better than had gone before (and consider Hughtons record against Fulham and Liverpool before judging Adams'')