Sign in to follow this  

played 3, lost 3.

Thanks Neil but you''re out of your depth. Thanks for giving it a go though♥♥

But, but it''s not his fault. Even though he has picked the same cruddy team and the same cruddy subs.

To be fair to him whoever took the job was a dead man walking. Hughton destroyed all that was good about Norwich city. The morale, team and whole club needs a re-build now. The players that Hughton spent our largest ever transfer windows on are absolute hopeless!

Can''t blame Adams for this. The whole season has relegated us not the 4 fixtures we all knew we had to be safe before. Defeats against the teams around us all season is what will relegate us. Villa 6 points, Cardiff 4 points, Fulham 6 points. Should have sacked Hughton before January and replaced him with a proper manager and backed him with finances.

I fear that it might be played 5, lost 5. Although we haven''t got there yet, the board would have some explaining to do. They decided to sack Hughton with 5 games to go. You could say, why didn''t they sack him sooner when we could get a manager in, or you could say why didn''t they give him the rest of the season seeing as though his record isn''t too bad against the big teams.

Ok I will blame Adams for defeat at Old Trafford then! Doubt we had targeted points in this one when the fixture list came out though. Fulham, villa and west Brom at home is where we were relegated

Yes, that''s right - it is all Bassong''s fault. He is one of our best two c/b''s and POTS last time out, isn''t even picked by our new manager, but it is all his fault. Our best available defence probably isn''t that great, but NA seems intent on not even playing it against some of the best sides in the country. Imo that is distinctly odd.

I''m not going to blame Adams for anything that lays firmly with Mcnally for sacking Hughton too late and throwing Adams to the lions.

The thing is, he was so obviously at fault for the Liverpool game as well, we had lost before we started, playing redmond upfront (of which he hadn''t learnt from the previous game that we lost....who would''ve thought someone who can''t shoot or hold the ball up better than RVW would be good as a striker and not a winger?).

InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 7:15 PM:

I''m not going to blame Adams for anything that lays firmly with Mcnally for sacking Hughton too late and throwing Adams to the lions.

-----------------------------------------

So you think no blame lies with Adams for how the team has set up against Man U and Liverpool? And Fulham saying that, for the reasons posted previously?

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]I''m not going to blame Adams for anything that lays firmly with Mcnally for sacking Hughton too late and throwing Adams to the lions.[/quote]

In the words of Wiz........Huzzah !

The sooner some people cotton on to the fact that McNally is not God the better.

Anyone that believes that it would have been different under Hughton is deluded. Fulham, Villa, west Brom and Cardiff at home is where we got relegated, 1 point from those 4 home games

How have Norwich City Football Club allowed a situation, where a Premier League team with a turnover of £100m,  ends up being managed by the Under 18''s coach? I can''t believe this would have happened at any other Club in the top division , in the world.

Pathetic.

If nothing else, for me these three games have shown that Adams maybe isn''t really up to it yet. It is all well and good having more attacking venture, which seems to please some, but you have to get your defence working first: the likes of Pulis would have absolutely made us difficult to score against and would have got at least something out of these 3 games (and IMO CH may well have done, too).

Miggins I wont blame Adams because he should never have by given the role in the first place. Anybody with a tiny bit of sense could have forseen this outcome (bar Wiz), Hughton should have stayed to see the season out. Simples.

[quote user="JF"]Anyone that believes that it would have been different under Hughton is deluded. Fulham, Villa, west Brom and Cardiff at home is where we got relegated, 1 point from those 4 home games[/quote]

I was hoping for a little bit better. Probably not a win, but also not the exact same dreck we have been watching for months.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If nothing else, for me these three games have shown that Adams maybe isn''t really up to it yet. It is all well and good having more attacking venture, which seems to please some, but you have to get your defence working first: the likes of Pulis would have absolutely made us difficult to score against and would have got at least something out of these 3 games (and IMO CH may well have done, too).[/quote]BP hits the nail on the head, you can''t expect anything in this league if you don''t stay in the game. Far too many games have been over by halftime or at the most an hour. Teams that concede twice as many goals as they score get relegated.

Nothing much has changed IMO. Had CH set the team up like that he''d have been crucified on here.

Fuzzar wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 7:34 PM:

Nothing much has changed IMO. Had CH set the team up like that he''d have been crucified on here.

Of cause he would have and rightly so. But You can hardly blame a under 18 manager thrown in at the deep end because by the time the board had the balls to sack Hughton it was too late to get anyone in. Staying up was never about these 4 games, it had only been mentioned about a million times that we needed to be safe by the time they came around. We weren''t and that is down to Hughton

And it looks like we would have been safe if we had beaten an extremely poor Fulham team, instead, we just gave up in the second half. Thats not me saying Hughton Would''ve won that match btw, although he always seemed to win the must win games, nevertheless his away record with us was extremely poor. Yet my point is, he didn''t have the opportunity to make us safe before those 3 games....instead we gave that game to an ex player who was in charge of the kids squad.

We would have been safe had we beaten extremely poor Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and West Brom teams at home, the definition of must win games. We took one point.

[quote user="JF"]We would have been safe had we beaten extremely poor Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and West Brom teams at home, the definition of must win games. We took one point.[/quote]Even draws would probably have been enough because we would have denied them points. Couple that with losing at Cardiff and WHam when we should have got something you can begin to see how it has been thrown away.

[quote user="JF"]We would have been safe had we beaten extremely poor Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and West Brom teams at home, the definition of must win games. We took one point.[/quote]

And we''d be completely cut adrift had we not beaten Stoke and West Brom away, and taken 4 points off Man City and Spurs. This really is a pointless game to play, JF.

JF wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 7:49 PM:

We would have been safe had we beaten extremely poor Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and West Brom teams at home, the definition of must win games. We took one point.

----------------

I don''t think thats the definition of must win games when theres points to be picked up elsewhere. A must win game surely means that you must win, otherwise you''re in danger?

I would say a must win game is games where you should be expecting all 3 points. Fulham at home now looks to be the most important must win game of the season, had we won it we would now be safe. Because of our return in those and other games against lower opposition we are where we are now. We handed villa and Fulham 6 points and Cardiff 4.