Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Man Utd vs Norwich City match thread

We can still get something out of this game. Really need to up the tempo. We''re playing like a pre season fixture.

We''ve been wholehearted, well organised, committed and in their faces...

But our passing has been woeful and we just haven''t countered effectively.

But this is definitely not the same as under Hughton imo, but everyone''s entitled to theres...

I''ve seen us play better but looked like we were trying to frustrate and contain them for the opening half then have a go at nicking it in the final 45, at least that looked like the game plan to me. I expect us to have a purple patch in the second half though... C''mon City, we can do better than this lads! OTBC

[quote user="City Till I Die"]What''s wrong with some people on here?? We aren''t playing that bad. We would be 3 nil down if clueless was on charge![/quote]

Do you really believe we are not playing badly?

We cant pass the ball we cant keep the ball and have had no shot.

The team isn''t good enough. The defending belle the penalty was worse then Sunday league! Surely there comes a point when a defender decides the danger is enough and without a thought where it goes other than forward, someone puts their got through it. That''s where I miss Leon Barnett. While it''s still 1-0 though, there is still hope and Fulham''s capitulation earlier gives me hope we might not even need a result here as long as we get 4 pts in the next two.

Either way, we need Malkay to come in next season and send a rocket up these players arises. The team as a whole is a bit wet lettuce. We''ve missed Holty like we missed Malkay in that sense, players that did everything they could to make sure we won, be it to the rulebook or not.

Snodgrass looks like the only Norwich player able to have an effect but he is too deep and wide. He needs to move more central and forward.

Shame about the soft pen from an elaborate dive it was the perfect anti climax to that point but I posted earlier I wanted to see us getting at them from the off and we haven''t.

RVW has to work harder and show more intent.

Yet again we are providing sustenance for beleaguered opposition. So often we have been a tonic for under performing opponents.

We are playing that bad. The reason we''re not losing by more is that utd are playing nearly as bad - which I''m really surprised at cause I thought they were suddenly supposed to be amazing

Our biggest problem is center midfield, Fer couldn''t give a rats arse and needs to be taken off asap and Johnson is nowhere near good enough for this level to play as part of a 2.

I''ve defended him so far but Adams has got it badly wrong so far today

Awful so far.  All those backpasses to Ruddy said it all.  The only good thing is Man Utd don''t look much better.   But right now it''s just a case of how many Utd win by.  Shocking.

RVW, Fer can both go with my blessings at the end of the season. Neither are NCFC type players. Redmond, although he is an exciting prospect, I''m not worried about us losing him at the end of this season as he still has a lot of developing to do.
Come on City!!!!

The  game is the story of the season in a nutshell. Poor passing, stupid giveaway goal.Inability to stay in the game away from home is our downfall.

I think we miss Tettey. Why isn''t he playing?

Really do not see what everyone''s problem is.

This is the same team which won the league last year, we''re playing away from home, and they are boosted by a new manager/favorite son/sister in law banging type.....and the media world''s rampant support.

We''re doing fine. The penalty was a bollocks, but if that''s what separates us at the end of the day, well feck it.

I have been very happy with Adams previous 2 games but this is as bad as anything that has gone before. A complete lack of desire and fight. Yes they have better players but we don''t look like a team fighting to stay up. If a miricle happens and we do stay up we need to invest significantly.

Why does Tinky Winky saunter around up front? And he hasn''t got close to a header either.

We might not be playing to his strengths, but FFS put a shift in.

Does anyone else think that Welbeck went down a little too easily then replays show his foot caught in the grass.

I think a penalty was a bit harsh. Still the ball should never have got that far.

We are poor.

Utd are not much better.

Tin pot appointent means we will go down. Why o why did we not at least get someone In with a bit of steel to really stir them up.

Ok, observations at half time. Redmond should be off if Adams has any sense. Same woeful display as last week. Can''t cross and keeps giving the ball away. Why are we not playing with any width. 2 or 3 times Fer has picked the ball up and has had no one out wide to pass to. Tha defence was looking pretty solid until everyone missed that one. Oh and why oh why is RvW playing instead of Hooper???

For me, RvW and Redmond off, Guttierez and Hooper on.

[quote user="King Keelan"]Does anyone else think that Welbeck went down a little too easily then replays show his foot caught in the grass.

I think a penalty was a bit harsh. Still the ball should never have got that far.[/quote]

Wasn''t a pen. But it''s Old Trafford and a Man Utd player went down in the area...

Redmond and RVW need to get in the game or get off the pitch.Utd are vulnerable, if only the Norwich players had the confidence to have a go at them.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]toothless..... make a change as we won''t score in 450 mins, let alone 45. Zero attempts on goal.

This is why we are where we are, sadly

COYY[/quote]

You do realise we scored twice in our last game?