Sign in to follow this  
BankontheBarclay

David McNally

He has no choice but to take full responsibility he will resign. The one great thing is that we are financially in a good shape as we go down. For that he and the board have done a good job. They clearly held on too long with hughton and now they are paying the price. Thanks David, cheerio

he needs to fuck off todayif it wasnt his choice to keep hughton then whoever thought clueless clown cnut chris was doing well enough needs to walk

utter fkn shambles

I praised him during the Lambert days, thinking he was possibly the real genius. His decision to keep hold of clueless Chris was absolute terrible. To not spend in Jan was even worse. We have got what we deserved. Relegation. Another 10 years or worse in the chumpionship awaits. I dont see us getting a lucky appointment for a long while again. Whoever gets the job of picking this hopeless lot signed by Clueless up for a fight in that league. Good luck to them, your going to need it!

I blame him, he criticised the previous chef exc appointment of Bryan Gunn, has no done for me the same thing in appointing Adams, both had no managerial experience, and were the cheapest option availble.

McNally doesn''t run the club on his own, we have no idea if he wanted to keep Hughton on or if he wanted him sacked while the rest of the board wanted to keep him.Its madness to put the blame entirely at his feet without knowing what has gone on in the boardroom.

[quote user="Fraz"]I blame him, he criticised the previous chef exc appointment of Bryan Gunn, has no done for me the same thing in appointing Adams, both had no managerial experience, and were the cheapest option availble.[/quote]
To be fair, who exactly do you think was begging to take the job on in the position we were in? Your point is right, but your logic is wrong. He hasn''t appointed Adams through choice for the cheap option (ridiculous comment given how much Prem football is worth), he has appointed Adams because he f**ked up massively and kept Hughton for a year too long.

Would like to know that with the odds stacked against us of avoiding the drop and us being relegated, will McNally drop our ''big club'' status? Or will we be still changing our shirt every season and charge £50+ for the Christmas games regardless of opposition.

Be careful what you wish for...................another Delia puppet like Doomcaster?

McNally''s interview with Goreham comes across as very similar to Robert Chase''s interview with Kevin Piper...3 months later the club was sold and Chase was gone... we may not sell the club but I do think we might have David standing up and saying "thank you all, good bye" as Fat bob did nearly 20 years ago....he wont be missed....

He presided over two promotions, so two relegations before he is a negative figure at the club.

Currently he has 2 promotions and no relegations.

I feel much more confident of a return to the premier league with him as chairman, rather than another Doncaster. He is To blame if not wholly at least partly for the Hughton problem but if we can get a decent manager in place I personally feel he is one of the best people at bringing in new players that I''ve seen in my 30odd years of supporting.

I''ve a hunch that he''s not been 100% focused on NCFC this season, especially this side of Christmas, due to influences outside of the club.

Dandy Mountfarto wrote the following post at 2014-04-26 11:18 PM:

McNally doesn''t run the club on his own, we have no idea if he wanted to keep Hughton on or if he wanted him sacked while the rest of the board wanted to keep him.

Its madness to put the blame entirely at his feet without knowing what has gone on in the boardroom.

Wrong, wrong and wrong!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''ve a hunch that he''s not been 100% focused on NCFC this season, especially this side of Christmas, due to influences outside of the club.[/quote]you may well be right Matt...based on your hunch (and possibly what you have been told?) will Davey Mac be here next season?

[quote user="City 2nd"]

Wrong, wrong and wrong![/quote]If you have inside information that says McNally was the driving force behind keeping Hughton in place, while the rest of the board wanted him out, then thats fair.  Otherwise I stand by what I''ve said, unless you know what happened in the boardroom this season then blaming any individual person for keeping Hughton in the job is just a guess.

I have a feeling McNally wanted CH gone in the autumn. Correct me if I''m wrong, but I seem to remember there are four people on the board. Now if McNally and Bowkett wanted CH gone, while Delia and Michael wanted him to stay, that would have been a stalemate. Surely a majority would have been needed for CH to go?Best not to blame DM when we don''t know the facts.

Mellow yellow 4 ever wrote the following post at 2014-04-27 12:10 AM:

I have a feeling McNally wanted CH gone in the autumn. Correct me if I''m wrong, but I seem to remember there are four people on the board. Now if McNally and Bowkett wanted CH gone, while Delia and Michael wanted him to stay, that would have been a stalemate.

Correct, correct and wrong! Michael didn''t want him to stay, but someone else did!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]based on your hunch (and possibly what you have been told?) will Davey Mac be here next season?[/quote]Not been told anything, and the influences are not related to football.  I see no reason why he''d not be here, Delia will not get rid of him and he''s done a much better job than Domcaster ever did!

Hey ho. CH was a gent. Last season''s run was a flash in the pan at the same time we actually had a striker who could score. CH confused stikers with defenders. Still, more twists and turns to come in final games. Just wish NA would play two stikers together.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]I have a feeling McNally wanted CH gone in the autumn. Correct me if I''m wrong, but I seem to remember there are four people on the board. Now if McNally and Bowkett wanted CH gone, while Delia and Michael wanted him to stay, that would have been a stalemate. Surely a majority would have been needed for CH to go?

Best not to blame DM when we don''t know the facts.
[/quote]

Stephan Philips,Stephen Fry and Michael Foulger make it a 7 person board.

1) We''re not down yet ( although after today I agree it looks likely).

2) I agree with Wiz (!)

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]I have a feeling McNally wanted CH gone in the autumn. Correct me if I''m wrong, but I seem to remember there are four people on the board. Now if McNally and Bowkett wanted CH gone, while Delia and Michael wanted him to stay, that would have been a stalemate. Surely a majority would have been needed for CH to go?Best not to blame DM when we don''t know the facts. [/quote]

I am thinking there are at least seven on the board but however many, if one or in this case two, have a large majority shareholding, does it much matter what the make-weights think?

Only if the other 5 our spineless because it''s a vote each regardless of shareholding. Those that know best are in a buggas muddle with this one though. Because while some "know" that Delia and MWJ wanted to keep Hughton others "know" that MWJ wanted rid as long a go as last season. Oh to be in the know.....

It''ll be Delia''s fault in the end. Always is[;)]