Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

That WBA match

I think at the end of the season we''ll look back at that as the game that did us.

If only we could have got 3 points from that, which we should easily have done, we would probably be safe now.

Hughton losing his job off the back of it doesn''t help us much now.

Add at least both Villa, Fulham and. Cardiff games.

Yes, but the timing of the WBA game was such that a win against them off the back of beating Sunderland would have given us a real lift as well as dragging them right into it.

I think we always feared losing to Fulham.

The other games you mention were earlier on and even though we should have done better against those side, the WBA game was the one that did the real damage, we didn''t have time to recover from that with the games that were left.

I know, and you''re correct.

It''s just that I think up until West Brom, most of us thought we would find a way out of it, after that - with or without Hughton, the mood changed.

A win against Fulham would have changed things again, but how likely was that to happen!

If we go down then it will be the defeats to Fulham and Cardiff that will have cost us the most. These would represent 6 point swings against both those sides and we would be on 38 points and safe whilst they would be on 27 and 28 points.

I think people have gone a bit overboard about the WBA match, certainly the performance (they scored one of few chances due to a defender slipping over, we hit the bar twice).

No, what had cost us most is the one point from six games against three of the poorest sides in the league in Villa, Cardiff and Fulham.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]And is that tag line from Ripping Yarns, Molly?[/quote]

8-1, 8 bloody 1 to Brighouse, and that were an own goal.