Sign in to follow this  
pete

Possible salvation

I am as peed off as everyone else, but tomorrows game might put us in the bottom 3. A Sunderland win with their upcoming fixtures will relegate us but although they have taken points off Man C and Chelsea their home form is awful haven''t won since January and dropped points to some rubbish teams including City. Cardiff more likely to win but will lose next two. Fulham will not beat their next two opponents.

City will get smashed by Chelsea and it will all be down to the Arsenal game, if they win against Newcastle and WBA at the Emirates then 4th will be secured. With FA Cup to come and Norwich putting in a determined. robust effort I can see a win for City.

Well done Pete, some positive thinking amongst all this turmoil.

I would even go a step further and say of the famous last four fixtures;

Liverpool; are simply the best. Expected 0 points.

Man U; have been helped by a Giggs inspired dead cat bounce. Expected 0 points.

Chelsea IF they lose tomorrow have blown the title, and with their euro focus, could well take their foot off the gas ...just as Man City did against us at the end of last season. 3 points IS possible.

Arsenal hopefully will be guaranteed 4th spot before they play us and they will be on the beach. 3 points IS possible.

IT AIN''T OVER YET !

If we set up against Chelsea as we did today we will get clubbed even if Chelsea rest players

Get in touch with Big Fat Sam and he''ll show you his master plan, "parking the 19th century bus." Oh, and if you want a new Manager, hopefully he''ll be out of a job soon. Good luck for staying up

Basically the only route to survival now is to still be mathematical "alive" come the final game of the season against Arsenal. At that stage chaos reigns supreme and just about anything can happen. Just ask West Brom when they scrambled out at our expense in 2005.

However, the reality is that we are something of a busted flush. I don''t think this squad has anywhere near the level of ability/quality that many like to believe and we are probably the worst team in the league. I do expect us to back that statement up by finishing bottom this season sadly.

But while there are games then there is of course still hope. Therefore, nobody should be completely hoisting the white flag at this stage.

Notice I said that it is POSSIBLE.

How likely is another debate.

Survivals like titles can hinge on luck, dodgy refereeing decisions, injuries, red cards, deflections etc.

In previous seasons I have felt we have often had more than our fair share of luck. Not this season. I cannot think of a single example of where we have been lucky.....YET.

Our players have been on the proverbial beach since last August and I don''t see that changing now however I do admire your blind faith.

Parking the 19thC bus is the best way to get anything from Chelski.

They like to be attacked. If you defend and pick the right counter attack they don''t like it.

If we go gun ho, we''ll get mullered.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Notice I said that it is POSSIBLE.

How likely is another debate.

Survivals like titles can hinge on luck, dodgy refereeing decisions, injuries, red cards, deflections etc.

In previous seasons I have felt we have often had more than our fair share of luck. Not this season. I cannot think of a single example of where we have been lucky.....YET.[/quote]
Newcastle at home. They hit the woodwork, was it, three times?  We never deserved a point from that awful display.