Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

sod it, for my own sanity, we are little ol' Norwich.

I dared to dream, something it''s clear our board stopped doing in January. We are not ambitious enough to stay in this league. Time to remember when I enjoyed the scrappy away days at Huddersfield and Barnsley. Since Lambert left, it has been hard to enjoy our premiership stint other than the satisfaction of looking over our shoulders at jealous Leeds, Ipswich and wolves fans

We are not rich enough to stay in the top league consistently and never have been.

Until Delia goes we will always be little old norwich.[:@]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]We are not rich enough to stay in the top league consistently and never have been.

My guess is nor are Palace...[/quote]Reality dawns for some but it''s never a popular position to take. We are what we are, our history tells us all you need to know. We are one of twenty or so clubs that continuously recycle in and out of the Premiership. Look at the teams that are coming up and it''s obvious that we are very much on a par with them.Never mind, we''ll be back again one day and at least the debt is paid off.[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wazzock"]We are not rich enough to stay in the top league consistently and never have been.

My guess is nor are Palace...[/quote]Reality dawns for some but it''s never a popular position to take. We are what we are, our history tells us all you need to know. We are one of twenty or so clubs that continuously recycle in and out of the Premiership. Look at the teams that are coming up and it''s obvious that we are very much on a par with them.Never mind, we''ll be back again one day and at least the debt is paid off.[Y][/quote]That is true, ricardo, as a generality. But it doesn''t mean that in any particular season we are bound to get relegated. This season, of the three back in the Premier league, was the most auspicious in terms of consolidation. By which I mean staying up with a little to spare. Yet we are in most danger of relegation. And that is because there has been another simpler and more human factor at work here than just historical inevitability.

Palace have done well this year. Good luck to them, shrewd manager, but their fans (like our true fans) know they will probably always be a Club which moves between the 1st and 2nd Tier of English football. Thats it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wazzock"]We are not rich enough to stay in the top league consistently and never have been. My guess is nor are Palace...[/quote]

Reality dawns for some but it''s never a popular position to take. We are what we are, our history tells us all you need to know. We are one of twenty or so clubs that continuously recycle in and out of the Premiership. Look at the teams that are coming up and it''s obvious that we are very much on a par with them.

Never mind, we''ll be back again one day and at least the debt is paid off.[Y]
[/quote]

That is true, ricardo, as a generality. But it doesn''t mean that in any particular season we are bound to get relegated. This season, of the three back in the Premier league, was the most auspicious in terms of consolidation. By which I mean staying up with a little to spare. Yet we are in most danger of relegation. And that is because there has been another simpler and more human factor at work here than just historical inevitability.

[/quote]

Come on PC you know it''s all statistics and money and NOTHING to do with bad management and diabolical decisions. Heaven forbid anything to do with football!

We were obviously doomed before we kicked a ball this season means and averages told us so.

Saved us all loads of dosh and angst if we had taken T''s advice and backed relegation from day 1

Regretfully true I think Jim. Unfortunately, it;s not just Norwich but all teams that don''t have either billionaire owners or generate large amounts of revenue, sad days indeed. If WHU weren''t leaving Upton Park for a bigger stadium, I think we would be classed the same as you. Good luck.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wazzock"]We are not rich enough to stay in the top league consistently and never have been. My guess is nor are Palace...[/quote]Reality dawns for some but it''s never a popular position to take. We are what we are, our history tells us all you need to know. We are one of twenty or so clubs that continuously recycle in and out of the Premiership. Look at the teams that are coming up and it''s obvious that we are very much on a par with them.Never mind, we''ll be back again one day and at least the debt is paid off.[Y][/quote]That is true, ricardo, as a generality. But it doesn''t mean that in any particular season we are bound to get relegated. This season, of the three back in the Premier league, was the most auspicious in terms of consolidation. By which I mean staying up with a little to spare. Yet we are in most danger of relegation. And that is because there has been another simpler and more human factor at work here than just historical inevitability.[/quote]

Come on PC you know it''s all statistics and money and NOTHING to do with bad management and diabolical decisions. Heaven forbid anything to do with football!

We were obviously doomed before we kicked a ball this season means and averages told us so.

Saved us all loads of dosh and angst if we had taken T''s advice and backed relegation from day 1

[/quote]Well, TB, I confess I got very confused about statistics. I kept quoting here what are acknowledged as the key indicators (points per game, goals scored per game, goals conceded per game) as against last season''s figures, and got told such a comparison was irrelevant.Which surprised me somewhat, as the genius business men and women who ran the world-leading FTSE-100 company I worked for paid great store by its comparitive year-on-year figures, both by how they measured up internally and in terms of market shares in the industry. They would have found it very odd indeed if I had tried to tell them such comparisons, particularly if they showed a decline, were not to be bothered with.But what do I (and they?) know? So I came up with a standalone fact about this season, to do with failing to get a result after falling behind away from home, only to be told short-term statistics like that were irrelevant and one should look at the longer-term picture!

Every relegation is bad. But this is a bad as any. A real feeling that we are going down because we have not performed given our resources, and to our best endeavour. And more importantly , we failed to effect a positive change , of even a small degree, that would have kept us up. How we find ourselves in the position of asking our U18 coach, great guy though he is, to keep us up against the last four opponents beggars belief. As I said elsewhere I simply cannot believe that any other club would have done such a thing.

Previous relegations have involved us not having a competitive team (2004-5) , or being absolutely skint  (1995-6 and 08/09) or various combinations of the two. This year I believe we should have a competitive team AND we are most certainly not skint.   

The reasons we are going down isn''t losing today or last week, but that horrendous run of away games where we once got points we now lose every time. We actually expected to lose agaisnt West Ham, Cardiff, Villa et al. And the overt lack of the plan B to change a game. Add to that the bizarre changes that CH began to make from his tried and tested formula , first reintroducing Wes from the cold (when he kicked up a stink) , having really no idea who his best forward players were, and finally the introduction of poor old Becchio against West Brom .

And despite my belief that the Board would do whatever it took to keep the Prem Status that they so confidently said they would, they simply haven''t.

Yes we have all seen it before , but this is a particuarly tough one to take .