Sign in to follow this  
Mr Young

What happened today.

It seems to me that Adams got it spot on by sitting back against a United team that we all knew would come out of the blocks at high speed. We did that very well. In fact, we scored. As it happens it wasn''t given, but we put the ball in the net. United were dominating possession but getting nowhere. Then Welbeck cheated. Let''s be clear about this. He cheated. We find ourselves one down at half time when we really should have been one up.

What followed was a poor second half. Very poor. But, sadly, that''s what often happens when a team is short of confidence.

We really must score first against Chelsea and Arsenal. Conceding first when your confidence is so low is only going to lead to one thing.

It WAS the penalty which changed the game, the ref had their back all through the match.

What happened was that our players gave up and our manager looked like a deer in the headlights.

The defending WAS poor for the penalty. It doesn''t alter the fact that Webeck pretended to be pulled down and it really should not have been a pen.

Not defending the second half performance BUT, we go in one nil up at halt time and things look very different.

Not at all sure the defending was that poor. it was a mis-hit cross that bounced over Turner (who up to then had stopped everything) & so caught the next defender (Martin?) by surprise.

It was one of those things that always seem to happen to us against teams like ManU. Our real problem was that we never looked like scoring. No matter how much I will it, Ricky is not, & I doubt ever will be, a PL striker. We even looked better when Elmander came on, which speaks volumes ......

I agree about RVW. He seems like a good guy, he seems upset that it''s not working out for him. He seems to be working hard. Sadly, I just don''t think it''s ever going to work out for him here. I was hoping he might be another Iwan, poor first season followed by brilliance. It''s gone past that now though hasn''t it? For his own career as well as for the good of the club he probably needs to head back to the continent.