Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

We have died a slow and painful death. RIP NCFC 2013-2014

Today has been so awful and sad. This season has felt like the slowest season ever, just seeing the team devoid of ideas, passion and creativity is hard to take. I wanted to see the back of Hughton before Christmas and so did many others.

Many fans were viciously criticised for being Hughton outers on this board but have been proven right with wanting him out. This season has been painful, the players have to take a large amount of responsibility.

The summer will be a new era, a new dawn and a time of huge changes. Many fans will have unanswered questions and this will be a season of regret for the board. Not ditching Hughton sooner.

I think tonight has shown that none of the players are definite to stay at the club apart from snodgrass who has given his all yet again. Which might be bitter sweet as he is our only valuable asset.

The summer will be an interesting period and let''s hope we buy young, hungry, passionate players and have a manager who is bold, demands hard work and won''t settle for less than a 100% from the team.

OTBC

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Would have been safe with Hughton[/quote]The only thing Hootun would have made us safe for is a safe bet for relegation. Oh hang on a minute, he did. Idiot.

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Would have been safe with Hughton[/quote]

I''m afraid you can''t factually say that. What you CAN say however is;

by looking logically at Chris Hughton''s record and form for Norwich, you can say logically that he would have done a better job than Adams is doing at the moment. However, because its not fact, some (many on here i''m sure) will dispute it.

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Would have been safe with Hughton[/quote]Hughton''s previous record:Fulham away: 5-0 loss, 3-0 lossLiverpool home: 5-2 lossMan U away: 4-0 loss, 4-0 lossSeems like Adams is actually making a marginal improvement

How does that mean we would''ve had the same results Dandy? I mean I don''t mean to be rude, but are you that thick? Surely you need to consider his record as a whole?

my2ndteam wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 7:18 PM:

Would have been safe with Hughton

Deluded. Hughton got us relegated. 1 point from Villa, Cardiff, Fulham and West Brom at home has sent us down.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How does that mean we would''ve had the same results Dandy? I mean I don''t mean to be rude, but are you that thick? Surely you need to consider his record as a whole?[/quote]It doesn''t mean we would''ve got the same results, and I didn''t say it would. It is however, the only piece of evidence we have on how Hughton performed given the same circumstances.If you consider his whole record you are including games which Adams never got a chance to play, its not a valid comparison.

I just don''t get how anyone else would have done any better. Adams has nil points. Sacking Hughton was pointless. He was the best bet and would have scraped a few points, enough points instead of a new face who was going to try and impress but ultimately be completely unsuccessful

Have we been relegated today?.................just asking.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="my2ndteam"]Would have been safe with Hughton[/quote]

I''m afraid you can''t factually say that. What you CAN say however is;

by looking logically at Chris Hughton''s record and form for Norwich, you can say logically that he would have done a better job than Adams is doing at the moment. However, because its not fact, some (many on here i''m sure) will dispute it.[/quote]
You can''t LOGICALLY say Hughton would have done a better job. Hughton is a poor, poor manager and it''s his fault we''re even in this predicament. He had 33 games and did not pick up enough points against opponents that were vastly weaker than the last couple we have played. Not only that, even when we won, we still played absolute $hit, negative boll**ks for the most part.
Today was exactly like a Hughton performance, we capitulated against the big teams away from home almost every time we faced them and got thrashed under him.
I would rather go down without picking up another point, and get someone else in next season than have stayed up and had to endure another season of his $hit. He actually ruined Norwich for me this season, the games were a chore that I hated myself for choosing to watch every week, rather than something to look forward to.

What a pratt you are Hughton got caught out when we lost to WBA, which will ultimately relegate us. At least we showed some fight against Fulham and Liverpool.

kick it off wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 7:44 PM:

You can''t LOGICALLY say Hughton would have done a better job. Hughton is a poor, poor manager and it''s his fault we''re even in this predicament. He had 33 games and did not pick up enough points against opponents that were vastly weaker than the last couple we have played. Not only that, even when we won, we still played absolute $hit, negative boll**ks for the most part.

Today was exactly like a Hughton performance, we capitulated against the big teams away from home almost every time we faced them and got thrashed under him.

I would rather go down without picking up another point, and get someone else in next season than have stayed up and had to endure another season of his $hit. He actually ruined Norwich for me this season, the games were a chore that I hated myself for choosing to watch every week, rather than something to look forward to.

---------------------------------------

I think you can based on Hughton''s record that we would not have lost against Swansea, WBA, Fulham, Liverpool and Man U in a row. You''re right, you can''t say that Hughton has a better record than Adams as Hughton I''m sure has lost 3 games in a row, but I think when looking at the evidence, that we would have done better if Adams was not replaced by Hughton, but like I said before, we cannot be sure.

[quote user="Wiz"]Have we been relegated today?.................just asking.[/quote]No we were effectively relegated when we allowed WBA to take all three points. I was convinced that we had had it after that game.

I think (realistically) we were relegated when we lost to Fulham as it gave them the points, but losing at home to WBA was also just as bad perhaps?

drurys testamonials V 15 wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 8:16 PM:

Yeah right. Like that result against WBA at home where we lost 0-2...

----------------------------------------------

Do you think Hughton would have continued to lose against Fulham, Liverpool and Man U? I don''t.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Hughton consistently got results that were needed![/quote]

[/quote]I must have left before the end cos it was only 1-0 when I went.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Hughton consistently got results that were needed![/quote]

[/quote]

I must have left before the end cos it was only 1-0 when I went.
[/quote]

[:$] must have felt like a 0-2

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[/quote]I must have left before the end cos it was only 1-0 when I went.[/quote]

[:$] must have felt like a 0-2

[/quote]The entire season has felt like 0-2.never mind, 4 extra games and sensible KO times plus a few nice mid week games to look forward too.and maybe even a promotion push. We have bounced straight back before so who knows. I continue to live in hope because anything else and you might as well do something else on a Saturday.

Not a Pratt, Hughton created some good performances (Sunderland) and own games when he needed to. Sacking him with five games to go was stupid. We would be in a better position if he was still here

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Not a Pratt, Hughton created some good performances (Sunderland) and own games when he needed to. Sacking him with five games to go was stupid. We would be in a better position if he was still here[/quote]
Keeping him long enough to sack him at this stage of the season was the error. We would be in a better position now if we''d sacked Hughton in October and stuck my cat in as manager.

[quote user="my2ndteam"]Not a Pratt, Hughton created some good performances (Sunderland) and own games when he needed to. Sacking him with five games to go was stupid. We would be in a better position if he was still here[/quote]Pointless to pursue it because we will never know.We are where we are and raking over the past with if''s and buts gets us nowhere.The truth is that there are very fine margins between survival and relegation and a point here or there makes all the difference. Sadly we have fallen the wrong side of the line.