Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Unacceptable.

After going two down against Liverpool we competed, we closed them down and got in their faces. Basically, we worked hard.

Having watched the game earlier I saw it in greater clarity on MOTD and I saw the team play as they did during the worst performances under Hughton.

They were lazy, they failed to pick up, no one took responsibility (the classic being Snodgrass deciding he couldn''t be @rsed to go with Rooney as he ran into space for his second goal - criminal), they stood well off players and watched them pass and good players given room will kill you with a pass.

If Adams didn''t tell them to play this way why wasn''t he berating them from the sidelines? He must be wondering what an idle, feckless bunch he has to work with and to further evidence their attitude this is a group of players who failed to appreciate the position they were in they are so complacent.

As a group of players they deserve to be relegated. Some will never play at this level again, most, I assume, will take a well deserved pay cut.

Hughton failed to assemble a cohesive unit, the best example of which is his failure to ever sign an effective forward player but you have to wonder, in a chicken and egg kind of way, whether he was simply an appalling manager or whether he found himself trying to organise a dishonest group of players many of whom have egos which have far outgrown their ability?

As another poster said elsewhere this season has the reek of an appalling lack of leadership from the top down. The warning signs were there a long long way back.

We will be relegated and deservedly so (excluding the supporters) and it is crucial we have the right manager making the right calls in reconstructing our squad. Personally, I would hope Neil Adams goes back to his old coaching role but, if he stays, I would like to see him bring in the best of our youth combined with other good young players he will have seen elsewhere. I am that sick of overpaid foreign prima Donna players.

As it was in League 1 and the Championship there is a lot of pleasure in watching players you have developed and good British players every Saturday. The EPL is like a guilty pleasure you grow tired of.

And so our salad days are ending but it''s been a blast and despite the decline and decay it''s seen us solvent where we were desperately insolvent not long ago.

Sporadic success is what we get as Norwich supporters but this time we will need to manage the transition much better than in the past.

Time for proper leadership.

Yes, I''ve been wondering if the reason Hughton played such turgid football this season was because he rapidly realised he''d bought a pair of duffers in the summer, so just hoped he''d scrape enough 0-0s & 1-0s to get by. First season was a bit different because he didn''t believe we had any decent strikers anyway (don''t think he understood what a gem Fatty was).

So in fact perhaps the story is really the antithesis of that usually told; it wasn''t his tactical management that was so bad, it was his recruitment (often praised) that was in fact a failure.

Think we have a combination of players who think they have nothing to prove in the premier league and those who have become complacent. Our promotions were based on young hungry players in the main from which a great team spirit was also forged. This season and arguably last we have on paper a better squad individually but not the desire or team spirit collectively- which has served us well in the past-we have gone from one extreme to another. An overhaul is needed and we will need a decent manager to make sure we have the right players with the right attitudes next season.

I want to see this team ripped apart and rebuild regardless of what league we''re in. The sheer apathy, disinterest and laziness of this group is unbelievable.

Try our best to keep Ruddy, Olsson and Snodgrass and sod the rest, none of them are premiership class players and most have a shockingly bad attitude. We deserve to be relegated after buying so poorly and then failing to do anything about it in January...Yet more complacency and ineptitude, we''re as poorly run as we''ve ever been and just got lucky with Lambert

100% agree with most of this, bar in that Adams silence probably said more to the players than ranting would have. He may do his shouting in his next team selection and why not what have we got to lose!The culprits have been first names on team sheets for too long now. Time to recall the old spirit back. Bring in Fox, Bennett, Murphy, Wes etc... and drop the 2 waste of space/money strikers. I would play Howson up front like Lambert did with Wes that day at the Carra when they were a complete pain in the Arris!

I have to agree.

When Hughton left I was hoping we would see a turn around. I''m pleased to say that we did in terms of attacking play and tempo. The Fulham match confirmed to me something though. Once we went a goal down, not only did heads drop but our lack of ability was exposed.

The decision making from most of our players is shocking at times. Simple passes are not seen, the ones we do make are not accurate. If you can''t get that level of thought and ability then you''re simply going to go down.

I''m happy with Adams, I think he''s doing a much better job in trying to get us forward (yesterday being a baffling exception I must admit) but we simply don''t look good enough.

On top of that there''s not enough players who seem to care enough. I can''t see us getting out of this it pains me to say.

First half was ok, we looked fairly disciplined. Second half was disgusting.

Why on earth is Bradley Johnson being picked ahead of Tettey? He was our weak link yet again. 3 seconds after kick off he planted a ball straight on a United players chest. And what was he doing for the second goal? He should have closed Rooney down.

While I''m at it, howson was awfull - it really is unbelievable Hoolahan can''t get a game. Had Hoolahan played and put in that kind of performance this place would have been in melt down.

It is so disappointing that we have so little fight in us. We just read the script and roll over time and time again.

We''re down, we have been for a while. And we fully deserve it. Honestly I couldn''t really care anymore either. I just want this season to end tomorrow.

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-27 10:30 AM:

We''re down, we have been for a while. And we fully deserve it. Honestly I couldn''t really care anymore either. I just want this season to end tomorrow.

I think this season ended on Saturday 18th August 2012 when Hughtons team lost 5-0 at Fulham. The writing was on the wall then, throughout that whole season, and into this!