Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Grant Holt would've torn this lot new ars*holes!

No leadership all season, squad full of nancys!

I f*cking miss Grant Holt!

sorry but passion and leadership is what we''ve been missing all season! Our PL stint has been based purely on 110% commitment and it simply hasn''t been there this year!

Pick one.. Hooper, RVW, Elmander, Becchio or Holty? I know who i''d pick out this bunch!

Plus we''d still have a leader and not fuck*ng Bassong!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think someone who can score some goals is whats missing.[/quote]Thank you Captain Obvious.By the way, there has been a distinct lack of leadership shown at the club this season. No leadership from the board, who looked scared to take the decision to sack the manager 6 months ago, when it would have given a new man a bit more of a chance by giving him a transfer window to work with. No leadership from the previous manager and his two stooges, who were often seen sitting bemused in the dugout as we shipped in goal after goal, with no remedy for the situation. No leadership from the players who when the going got tough stopped trying, as was displayed in the many woeful performances this season such as Man City away, Fulham at home, Newcastle away and on and on and on.But yeah your right what would have solve that problem is us going out and signing David Villa.[:|]

Its more about quality than leadership. Grant Holt''s not scoring this season (as well as being old and slow). If we spent £8.5m on the striker we thought we would be getting (a 8-12 goals a season striker) then we would not be in this position (obviously), thats whats missing, not leadership,

Do you honestly think we haven''t missed a leader this season? Get real!

In my opinion we''ve got a bunch of players who genuinely don''t believe they/we are good enough to go out and beat teams. Our build up play had been atrocious all season. We can''t pass, we can''t take convincing FK''s or corners, we can''t cross the ball with any conviction, ultimately all these things end up in a lack of goals!

You''re under estimating the power of a Captain. Holty was a leader of men, End of!

I don''t think Holt would have had a great season this time round, it would have been a season (or two) too far. BUT I''d have backed him to get about as many as Hooper has, and certainly more than RVW has.

And whilst I''d agree that the quality of the strikers has been the main problem, I do think we''ve lacked leadership as well. In hindsight, the leadership of Holt and a possible few goals more than RVW and/or Hooper would have been better for us.

In the summer though, it was the right time to get rid of him. Unfortunately the signings have failed miserably and that is pretty much the entire reason that we''re down. If RVW had 8 goals to his name this season, or Hooper had 10, then I think we''d already be safe by now.

And you can''t say that it''s because we aren''t creating chances - we have the worst conversion ratio in the division. That means shots to goals, and for RVW especially there have been plenty of those in and around the box - not all long distance.

Showed real leadership by holding the club to ransom over his new contract hey!? And his subsequent behaviour until he got what he wanted.

We have missed Holt both on and off the pitch and i agree he would have scored a few he would also have brought the best out of Hooper, but its all water under the bridge now. CH and the board have managed to relegate this club from a position of relative strength at the end of last season. Bad decisions in the transfer market and leadership /tactics BUT we can bounce back within the next couple of seasons